Advice Please? Any help is appreciated!

jlevis

Reschedule the trip if you can. If you can't go anyway. Disney goes out of their way to make things easy for those with disabilities. Disney has a way of making you forget your cares. As far as the girl goes, if she bailed on you while you're in the hospital, well that speaks volumes about her.

WickedQueen22

Your heart is broken today but don't cancel that trip!!

You my still love this girl but its obvious she loves... HERSELF! Who does the things you have endured to someone they care about? The easy answer is no one. You hurt now, and you hurt hard, but don't let her ruin things further. Don't let her have any influence over you and it is very very hard to do.

Good luck! Stay strong for yourself!

Hey Buddy!

Thats Terible! If I were you I would reconsider not canceling the trip, and maybe asking her if she would like to come with you. It may change her feelings... She may even reconsider the break up.

I hope what Im saying to you will help you.

Have a Magical Day!:)

enchanted_belle

I agree, don't cancel! My ex broke up with me the day I came home from Florida, and the only thing I could think about was that it would have been better to have the break up before so that I could use the trip as a way to forget.
Things always happen for a reason. It may not seem like it just yet, but trust us, it will get better. :)

JimJam

Of Course This Is Coming From A Flyers Fan.... GO PENS!
But I Would Just Go With The Flow And Still Try To Have A Good Time On The Trip

Malvito

I shall reiterate what everyone else has told you: Do not cancel the Disney trip, because, given what you have been through, it will do you every bit of good. I would also add that sticking around your current locale will only serve you with any number of reminders that will make it that much more difficult to let go of your feelings. Make some memories for yourself, fun memories which don't involve someone who does not want to continue as a couple.

You may, someday, be able to be friends with your ex (my ex-wife and I get along better now than we ever did when we were married), but it is going to require some time away.

Also, if I may offer up some unasked-for advice, take the word "relationship" out of your vocabulary for a while; concentrate on making your life a contented one as an individual. Let the emotional wounds really heal. And they will.

Best of luck to you.

Disney Dawg88

but it is going to require some time away.

Let the emotional wounds really heal. And they will.

Great advice Malvito.

First off, I'm really sorry to hear about your broken leg, I hope it heals quickly and you don't have any complications with your surgery. Coming from someone who went through a tough break up, I completely understand your pain. I too went through a break up that was decided by my ex, and I also felt very sad and hate to say it, negative. You have to start thinking right now that this is going work out for the best for YOU. You have to start moving on . . . I know this is easier said than done but trust me.

1. Be positive and do your best to not dwell on this
2. Stop ALL communications with her immediately, I'm serious. I know you said you still text everyday but think about this, and this should get your blood boiling, a. she wasn't there for you for your surgery, b. she didn't have the nerve to tell you to your face and broke up with you via text message BEFORE your surgery! She doesn't deserve your time. Call her, don't text her, and when you call her don't leave a message if she doesn't pick up. When you do get her on the phone tell her "_____ I'm not saying I never want to talk to you again, but at this point I can't talk to you for a while. I don't know how long a while is, but I need to concentrate on getting better and communicating with you isn't helping ME". Trust me, she will be absolutely shocked when you do this and she'll start thinking right away about what she just gave up.
3. DO NOT cancel your trip to Disney. You need to have a great time and find someone to go with you.

Keep your head up my friend . . . one day you're going to look back at this and you'll understand what you can't right now.

BigRedDad

I am not sure how old the two of you are. Not to be cruel or anything, but you are in for a life of Hell if you try to stay with this girl. She will walk all over you, stomp on your feelings, and use you.

Sever all ties and move on to someone that appreciates you for you. Find another friend that you can enjoy the trip with and have fun. It can be another girl, a guy, a family member. What ever you do, do not go back to this girl or you will regret it even more and the healing process will be compounded that much more.

JillC LI

I'm not going to give you relationship advice, but it could be very helpful to find professional to discuss your feelings with. I hope your leg and your heart heal quickly and that you can make that trip to Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom