Advice for MNSSHP

I wanted to see from previous people who went on how they went about doing all the activities. I’m a group of two and we want to do the characters, parades, and the stage show. We don’t mind skipping the candy and firework show. Would like to do the ride overlay but not a necessity.

Tom 55

I have been to more than 6 MNSSHP. Have tickets to 9/20/2022 night. My birthday is 10/31. I have found that you either do rides and pick up candy or watch parade and fireworks. There is not enough time to do both. There will be meet and greets with character that you do not normally see. The lines are always long. We waited more than an hour to see the 7 dwarfs. If you want a good viewing spot for fireworks you have to stake it out early. Same for the parade. Both fireworks and parade are special just for these nights. Both are a must see. If you go the rides route most of the rides are just about walk on during the fireworks. I have tried a number of time to be going down the drop at SM during the fireworks. If you only have the MNSSHP ticket use it to the fullest. Get there at 4pm. Do the rides that close early like JC. After the fireworks a lot of the crowd leaves so the lines are less for the rides.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Check out the event map and see where the characters you want most to see are appearing. They pretty much are all going to have extensive lines because they arent regularly showing up in the parks. Come up with a plan of how you will make your way around. Get your wrist band as soon as its available. Make your way around to where you want to start. 7 Dwarfs, Jack & Sally, are extremely popular. Lines for some of the merchandise will also build and go quickly so look at what you might want to purchase. The Boo parade and fireworks are not to miss, so as the evening goes on scope out a spot to watch both. My fav parade spot is by Pecos Bills, as its not as frenzied or crowded there and you are at the beginning of the parade route. Crowds will lighten up later on so the rides are more accessible in the later evening hours. I'm not a candy freak so even with the few candy spots I went to there was plenty handed out to fill my desire.

Upvote 0

Robertingles

Original Poster
Thank you both for the advice. We are more concerned with characters and parade but after seeing you both say do the fireworks we will do that as well. We are going the whole day so we’ll try to do more rides prior.

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
With a part of two it’s totally doable to find good last minute places to watch the parade and firework’s. Are they perfect? No. But they’re good enough. We’ve been to a few parties and never staked out a place in advance and still got pretty great views.

I agree with previous posters that the fireworks are generally worth a watch. They aren’t great though so if it’s rides or the recent Halloween show and I didn’t have my daughter who is a die hard fireworks fan, I’d pick rides over the Halloween show. It’s kinda meh.

Upvote 0

Figments Friend

The 'Hocus Pocus Spelltacular' stage show located in front of Cinderella Castle is a MUST SEE in person.
If it is the same as previous years, absolutely make the effort to see at least one showing the evening you attend.
The midnight show is always great, as the crowds have typically thinned and fans of the show make it a lively experience.

I have done several MNSSHPs in the past and have been able to do everything I had wanted to try to do....the exception being character greetings.
I tend to avoid getting in any greeting lines during these Events, as the long lines eat up valuable Party time.
I do enjoy viewing them from a distance which is entertaining in itself.

Priorities I would suggest is the stage show, Parade, and fireworks in that order.
Next is any special 'party only' food items you would like to try, and then any Attractions with 'party only' special overlays.
Picking up any party specific merch is also something to keep in mind, if that is of interest.

I personally enjoy going for the special decor set up exclusively for the Party, and the great live entertainment options.
The party specific food items and other treats are also something i look forward to trying out when I attend.

-

Upvote 0

Raxel7851

Wow Excellent post! We’re going 9-13 and haven’t been to a Halloween Party, but we have been to some Christmas parties. After reading the posts we’re getting more excited!!

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
One more thing I’ll mention,… don’t get spooked by long candy lines. They move SO fast. Super super quick. I know trick or treating is for kids but it’s always been enjoyable to go through at least one line.

On that note, Jungle Cruise is a candy line. If that’sa must do for you for that day, you need to get it in before the party starts. Same for country bear jamboree and that’s Mickey stage show philharmagic.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Wow Excellent post! We’re going 9-13 and haven’t been to a Halloween Party, but we have been to some Christmas parties. After reading the posts we’re getting more excited!!
Having experienced both of the events multiple times, IMHO the MNSSHP is the better of the two events and delivers more value for your buck for the experience.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom