Advice and Help Wanted in getting a WDW Job

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to know if any of you can help me out in egards to going for a job at WDW. I have had a feirce desire to work there in some way shape or form since i was very young and every once in a while the desire hits me again. Could anyone give me some thoughts on how to accomplish this? Let me tell you a little about myself....

I'm 33 and heavily involved in all things imaginative and creative including Disney on a personal level, and have extensive experience in graphic artwork, performance, and puppeteering for more then 25 years now. I draw everything free hand and have created numerous original cartoon creations on my own including most of the puppet characters i have in my shows. Have run my own entertainment company since 1985 that showcases my Marionette Shows for hire to private and public places. I have tons of performance experience when dealing with people in general including children....i know Disney would be a perfect fit for me as i'm positive that i already have what it takes. I have a lot of quaility costume character experience and worked at Chuck E Cheese's for 3 1/2 years as both the character and Assistant Manager. To this day most people who know me are wondering why i don't work for Disney....even they can see it!

So now you are probably wondering....why don't i just go ahead and DO IT??? Well, i don't know HOW to really so that is why i am asking here where i know i can get REAL answers that could really help.

So this is what i am wondering....What exactly is the best way to present yourself there? Call and set up a interview....or something more?

Also, i am from Boston, MA and if i worked there i would abviously have to re-locate to Orlando to work regularly there. Where could i find close, decent housing? Is there some type of housing availible to Employees that is close to the Parks and is there any public transportation availible from these areas? I ask as i don't drive, or have a license (I know....hard to beleive..but you don't need one in MA where i live!) so transportation would be a issue with me.

I keep thinking that one of these days, i need to STOP thinking about this and just DO IT.....but the above questions haunt me and hold me back. This is the place i need to be...i have always had the gut feeling....as i am seriously wasting my time and creative efforts at the job i am at now.

Any help , info, or encouragement would be GREATLY appreciated.....thanks in advance.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Thanks Atta....

I checked it out, but it really did'nt have any info on the thing i am most concerned with.

Is there close housing that a CM can live if i was hired (like the Downtown Disney apartments...or are they for CP only?) and is their public transportation availible to take to and from work at most hours, even late at night? I won't have a car so this is why i ask.

Any insight much appreciated....

Atta83

Figments Friend[b said:
Is there close housing that a CM can live if i was hired (like the Downtown Disney apartments...or are they for CP only?) and is their public transportation availible to take to and from work at most hours, even late at night? I won't have a car so this is why i ask.[/b]

Yes, that housing is for CP's only.

Atta83

Figments Friend said:
Thought that might be the case...

So my next question is where do most CM's live?

Well they live all around, there are apartments right behing the MK, but those are rent controlled and best if you get a job at the MK.

ct00000

Rest assured that you are not the only person with this deep desire. I empathize with you. It's so hard when you know that you want to work there, but can't find the way in. I've heard everything from "start at the bottom and work your way up" to "come in at the top of your game." So, I'm not sure if there is a "best" way to work there. In your case, you have a specialized talent that can directly be applied to Disney. I think the only problem might be that the competition is so fierce for roles such as yours.
One thing for sure: never give up and it will happen. Disney is so inspiring to so many of us, which is why we want to pass along that happiness that we feel when we're there, to others. My advice is to try your best to "network" with someone in that dept or possibly search for someone who did an internship in that area; perhaps they can shed some light. Knowledge is definitely power. Best of luck to you!!!!

:wave:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Wow...thanks so much for your encouraging words!!

I feel inspired now by reading them...so much so i want more then ever to make this happen!

Thanks again for your thoughts!

ct00000

You're very welcome. Be sure to write me when YOU'RE hiring new people in your department at WDW!

GO FOR IT!!! Life's too short! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom