Advice about Disney Needed

cloudboy

I have always tried to find a "downtown" Orlando , but never succeeded. Everyplace I went that I thought would be it turned out to be just another divided highway that I was less than anxious to walk around in. There has to be one somewhere.

The Broadway series sounds interesting - is there a theater district? And what IS the Heterosexual Parade?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by cloudboy
I have always tried to find a "downtown" Orlando , but never succeeded. Everyplace I went that I thought would be it turned out to be just another divided highway that I was less than anxious to walk around in. There has to be one somewhere.

take a taxi to Church Street Station and voila.. Downtown.

Originally posted by cloudboy
The Broadway series sounds interesting - is there a theater district?

yes and no... I suppose Loch Haven could be the theatre district.... Orange Avenue, north of SR50 is where the arts district starts... which also includes a few theatres

and the heterosexual day parade is a joke started by a few radio DJ's which has since gotten more and more popular... basically take a Hooters Restaurant.... then put it in a parade. A walking joke

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by DISMUM
I would be interested to know where you could go wake boarding in orlando please

Orlando Watersports Complex - http://www.orlandowatersports.com/

also, if you have a boat, the Butler Chain of Lakes in Windermere is extremely popular...

those are the closest places for wakeboarding close to WDW... otherwise, almost every lake in the area has some sort of wakeboarding in it

DISMUM

It would probably survive but the inhabitants of the state would pay income tax for sure -thats got to be a plus in our favour surely?:animwink:

Just thingk of all those "foreigners "who have homes on and a round the area and work out how much local and state tax we pay each year -we lose between 11.5% and 13% of each booking we take in taxes to the county and state - surely grounds enough for keeping us on mkt?

mkt

Premium Member
eh.. it's not the 11.5-13% you pay that keeps us tax free necessarily....

don't forget that Disney is the largest taxpayer in the state

mkt

Premium Member
the illuminati!! :lol:

seriously though.. i've lived my entire life in touristy areas, and I've noticed a MAJOR similarity in all of them... the real locals HATE the tourists... but will flat out lie to their faces "yeah.. come back next year... *under breath* effer"

but hey... we hate you and you keep coming back :lol:

jk... tourists are cool... but why must I have to deal with them on our roads :brick:

corran horn

Originally posted by mkt

jk... tourists are cool... but why must I have to deal with them on our roads :brick:

You're telling me. I'm originally from the Chicago area, so it's not like I'm not used to driver insaneness. But the weird things I'd see there *maybe* once a week or month (stopping in the middle of an intersection, u-turns in the grassy area between highways, skipping across 4 lanes of traffic, etc...) I see once per day in Orlando. And that increases the closer I get to Disney.

mkt

Premium Member
I was stopped for reckless driving well over a year ago (speeding and passing on the shoulder... I know, I know.. I shouldn't have done it)... anyway, when the officer asked me why I did that, I told him the truth.

"I'm trying to get away from all the tourists"

I ended up with an 80 dollar ticket instead of the $200+ one because he sympathized (not to mention this was OCSO and not FHP)

Woody13

Originally posted by mkt
I was stopped for reckless driving well over a year ago (speeding and passing on the shoulder... I know, I know.. I shouldn't have done it)... anyway, when the officer asked me why I did that, I told him the truth.

"I'm trying to get away from all the tourists"

I ended up with an 80 dollar ticket instead of the $200+ one because he sympathized (not to mention this was OCSO and not FHP)

Hey Rob, I have an idea. Why don't you check with the Florida DMV and get a certified copy of ALL your traffic offenses. You could send it along with your application for the MGM Stunt Drivers job!:D

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Woody13
Hey Rob, I have an idea. Why don't you check with the Florida DMV and get a certified copy of ALL your traffic offenses. You could send it along with your application for the MGM Stunt Drivers job!:D

nonsense... :lol:

I do want to attempt to get the role, but at this time I'm more than likely gonna hold off... I need to prepare some more... I want to be at 100% when I shoot some video for it. I've been trying to get a hold of Michael Korkis (the show director) for more specifics on what they're looking for. If they want someone that can do jumps, I'm not their man... but if they want someone that can maintain control of the cars at high speeds/safely make the vehicle "lose control" (ie. drift), and generate decent amounts of tire smoke, I'm in.

and Woody... that fine, I ended up getting cited for "failure to violate traffic safety control device" ie, I exceeded the speed limit on the sign, which is a traffic safety control device.

Woody13

Originally posted by mkt
and Woody... that fine, I ended up getting cited for "failure to violate traffic safety control device" ie, I exceeded the speed limit on the sign, which is a traffic safety control device.

I think you were cited for "failure to obey a traffic safety control device". But, you never know.:wave:

P.S. Have you ever seen Joey Chitwood's Auto Daredevil Show?

mkt

Premium Member
I think you were cited for "failure to obey a traffic safety control device". But, you never know.:wave:

that law and careless driving are 2 of the catch-alls that FHP uses... in Windermere, FL it's even worse. They'll pull someone over for speeding a few miles over the limit, and ticket them for failure to violate a traffic safety control device... yet their officers will blatantly drive on the left/sidewalk in order to stop someone doing 6mph over the limit or with a busted taillight.

The worst was when I had my Jeep. I lived in Windermere at the time, whenever I'd drive to work, I'd try to time my drive to I wouldn't have to go through the town center.. well it didn't work, and by some stroke of luck I'd always end up with a Windermere police officer tailgating me to the town limit... the second I'd pass that sign, I would usually gun it, cause I was honestly worried they'd hit me. Only once did I ever end up with flashing lights behind me from that though... when I tapped my brakes to tell the jerk to back off.

Oh the memories... makes me wish I didn't have to go into Windermere

mkt

Premium Member
P.S. Have you ever seen Joey Chitwood's Auto Daredevil Show?

I have actually heard of it, but never seen it. Isn't it the show that Evel Knievel saw and influenced him :confused: or maybe Robbie Knievel

Woody13

Originally posted by mkt
I have actually heard of it, but never seen it. Isn't it the show that Evel Knievel saw and influenced him :confused: or maybe Robbie Knievel

Right on! Evel was 8 years of age when he saw them and stunt work became his life ambition.

The Chitwood show was very much like an auto ballet. Extreme control at all times. They could make a group of cars do ANYTHING. Safety and precision were always their top priorities.

cloudboy

It's really that big? They appear at a fall fair they have up in western MA, called the Big E. I kind of thought they were some small-time outfit that only made appearances a couple of times a year. Cool.

Jenngusto

The decision to move to FL or not is an interesting one . . . I am considering it myself but am wondeirng - is the weather really as good as everyone says? I keep thinking about hurricanes, humidity, and such. . . :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom