Advertisements

surfsupdon

Original Poster
Just curious about how far and to what extent Disney World advertises. I live in NJ and we have lots of WDW vacation videos in general, but not for "new ride openings." We have never gotten anything for Dinseyland, which would make sense.

My question is do you get a lot of WDW commercials and ads were you are from, does WDW advertise the entire country, or how far west and north do they go?? As I said, Disneyland is not advertised here.

Thanks guys. :)

RU42

To understand how Disney advertises, you need to understand how TV advertises.

Simply put; commercials can be local or national. Example, (this is made up, but based on fact,) the commercials before Survivor begins is local to your area. The commercials at the first break are national. What this means, the local is exactly that, those watching that set of commercials will differ from each CBS market nationally. The next set being national is seen on every CBS station regardless of location.

So, Disney targets who they want to see what commercial. WDW is their major destination location and therefore their commercials usually get national spots. Disneyland however is heavy here trying to attract locals and semi locals (SF etc.) Of course, there can be exceptions.

When DL hits the big 50, you can bet the ads will be national.

Hope that helps some.

RU

1080skier

I live near Rochester NY and I definatly don't get the commercials that you see when in florida, like the test track commmercials and whatnot

EmeraldDolphin

I live in CT, and there are a few commercials on t.v. now & then about WDW, and the cruise line. None specific about rides though. I've seen more about IOA & US...

MicBat

We just get the "national/where magic lives" WDW commercials here in LA... Whenever I visit family in FL and watch TV, they play attraction commmercials.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by MicBat
We just get the "national/where magic lives" WDW commercials here in LA...

We get all the standard network spots to...

We do get a LOT of Radio cross promotion of the parks though. The Light (WLIT 93.9 FM) Seems to broadcast from WDW very often... if not from MGM... then from one of the resorts.. Just last month they were at AKL, and a couple of other resorts. And a bunch of the other Clear Channel owned and operated Chicago radio stations are always giving away WDW trips. :) :wave:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
actually.. around the time DCA opened, we had DLR commercials playing here in Orlando

MicBat

Originally posted by mkt
actually.. around the time DCA opened, we had DLR commercials playing here in Orlando
We had the DCA commercials here in LA, too.. I think they might have just been the national kind, though.

figmentmom

Up here in northern New York, we just get the national advertising for WDW and the Disney cruises - nothing for Disneyland. Nothing specific on new rides or attractions, either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom