Adventureland Needs a "Thrill Ride"

PittsBurghFuzz

Original Poster
I've been thinking over the past few months, that one area that needs a new ride in MK would be Adventureland. I love this area, but I feel that it could use something new in that area. Maybe along the lines of an Indiana Jones themed attraction or something. It seems like every land now has some sort of rollercoaster or thrill attraction in MK, except of course Main St. I don't know how they would fit it in, and I'm sure that this isn't on anyone's mind. Thoughts?

ebof1023

i was always dissapointed that the fire mountain(i think it was called) never actually happend, seemed like it would be really cool

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
i would love to see Advertureland get some love with a e-ticket ride. It could be indy themed or something brand new, maybe with a Polynesian theme or something.

PittsBurghFuzz

Original Poster
The last thing MK needs is a ride based on an outside character. MK needs more rides that inspire movies, not rides inspired from movies.
I'm not saying it has to be a movie. I just suggested Indiana Jones because I would think Disney would want to take more advantage of their Lucasfilm deal. It would be nice to see an original attraction created though.

PUSH

I'm not saying it has to be a movie. I just suggested Indiana Jones because I would think Disney would want to take more advantage of their Lucasfilm deal. It would be nice to see an original attraction created though.

I just don't think "outside" films like Indiana Jones, Star Wars, etc belong in MK. I'd be for them coming to DHS, just not MK. If you're going to base a ride on characters or movies at MK make them Disney or even Pixar. Yes Lucasfilms is now owned by Disney, but it doesn't have a Disney feel to it, kind of like Marvel. Just my thoughts though.

PUSH

As much as an expanded Aladdin ride would interest me, they already have the magic carpets in Adventureland.

I know many people would be happy to have the Carpets taken out of Adventureland. It just clogs the area up and isn't really necessary with Dumbo. I'd be okay with an Aladdin coaster and without the Carpets.

PittsBurghFuzz

Original Poster
I just don't think "outside" films like Indiana Jones, Star Wars, etc belong in MK. I'd be for them coming to DHS, just not MK. If you're going to base a ride on characters or movies at MK make them Disney or even Pixar. Yes Lucasfilms is now owned by Disney, but it doesn't have a Disney feel to it, kind of like Marvel. Just my thoughts though.
I do agree that it could be a little offsetting to have an "outside" character in MK like Indy or Star Wars. But, DHS has both Star Tours AND the Indy stunt show. I really don't see them putting another Indiana Jones attraction there unless if DHS made a "LucasFilm theme area".

PittsBurghFuzz

Original Poster
I know many people would be happy to have the Carpets taken out of Adventureland. It just clogs the area up and isn't really necessary with Dumbo. I'd be okay with an Aladdin coaster and without the Carpets.
Be kind of like what they did with Snow White's Scary Adventures and the new Seven Dwarves coaster, have a similar theme but different attraction style. Except that I'd be more willing to take down the carpets.

PUSH

I do agree that it could be a little offsetting to have an "outside" character in MK like Indy or Star Wars. But, DHS has both Star Tours AND the Indy stunt show. I really don't see them putting another Indiana Jones attraction there unless if DHS made a "LucasFilm theme area".

I see it making more sense than having two Indiana Jones attractions in two separate parks.

PittsBurghFuzz

Original Poster
I see it making more sense than having two Indiana Jones attractions in two separate parks.
They did this with the Pirates of the Caribbean. One could also make the argument about Little Mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast, but they are going to close those shows eventually. If this did happen with Indy, it wouldn't be a surprise at all to me personally. Although, it would be cooler if another Indy attraction were to pop up at DHS.

Californian Elitist

Have you seen and been on Indiana Jones at Disneyland?

cheezbat

No, but I'm just saying I think it'd fit better at DHS. I'd still welcome it.

I'd take the Indiana Jones Adventure at ANY of the parks! It's one if my favorite rides at any of the Disney parks. It makes Dinosaur look lame.

Honestly though, I'd prefer Fire Mountain in Adventureland before Indy...especially since itd be a one of a kind ride unique to MK.

Calvin Coolidge

I've been thinking over the past few months, that one area that needs a new ride in MK would be Adventureland. I love this area, but I feel that it could use something new in that area. Maybe along the lines of an Indiana Jones themed attraction or something. It seems like every land now has some sort of rollercoaster or thrill attraction in MK, except of course Main St. I don't know how they would fit it in, and I'm sure that this isn't on anyone's mind. Thoughts?

Okay. It's a nice idea. But what do you propose gets removed for this thrill ride? Jungle Cruise? Pirates?

I don't know what the theme in Adventureland is at Magic Kingdom, but Indy works PERFECTLY at Disneyland in Adventureland. Some things just fit, and Indy is just one of those things.

I could be wrong about this, but wasn't much of DL Adventureland re-themed to accommodate Indy? And MK Adventureland gets a little more...schizophrenic, transitioning with mixed results from British Colonial Africa -> the Middle East -> Polynesia -> the Spanish Main. Certainly there's thematic room for Indy. Whether there's actual physical room there...I'm skeptical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom