Pre-Trip Adventure is out there...June 2017

Hi again! I'm Amy if you all don't know me! Brian's resolve didn't last very long!! He has agreed to go back next June!!!! (For those of you who didn't read my report from this June, Brian (my hubby) was not happy with the behavior exhibited by our children, and swore he would never take them back!) Here we are on the last day of that June trip:

Logan is 13, Lily is 11, and Owen is 8.

This trip will be a bit different for us. Brian and I were just down in WDW this past weekend to book the free dining bounceback offer! We will be at Caribbean Beach from Monday, June 5-Saturday, June 17. We plan to drive down (14 hours) on Friday, June 2 and spend the night at my aunt's house in The Villages. We will sleep in on Saturday, then check in to our resort at Universal Studios! I'm not sure which resort yet, but it will be one of the deluxe ones where you get the unlimited express passes. I think we will probably stay at Royal Pacific, I just have to wait and see what kind of AAA discount I can get. I plan to get our tickets through Undercover Tourist, and they have a buy 2 day park to park passes and get a 3rd day free, so we will probably go into the parks Sat. afternoon. We will then spend all day Sunday at the parks, and Monday morning. I'm hoping to be done by early to mid afternoon on Monday, then head over to check in at CBR and relax for the evening. We also plan to go to Seaworld one day during the trip.

We got the water parks and more tickets again this year, so we will definitely be doing both water parks again. We also got the park hoppers. We've never had them with the kids before, so we shall see how it goes.

I just realized that they never offered to add Memory Maker to our reservation, so I guess I will have to call and add that at some point.

Not much else to tell at this point, but I'll be back many times before June with updates!!

I've got some reading to do in the meantime:
DSCN3417.JPG

So:
DSCN3416.JPG

but only 282 days until we leave for Florida!

amjt660

Premium Member
So, I knew there would be multiple changes to the schedule, just didn't think they would be so soon!! The changes are underlined.
Friday, June 2 - travel day - it is about a 14 hour drive, so I am hoping to leave by 5am so we can miss rush hour traffic in Cincinnati and Lexington, and pass through Atlanta early afternoon. We changed plans and will now be staying at Hard Rock Hotel that night, so if we arrive early enough, we will get dinner at Hard Rock Cafe because the kids specifically asked to eat there.
Saturday, June 3 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure - not sure what we will do for meals this day - I am thinking of booking the Cinematic Spectacular meal at Lombard's, but haven't decided yet
Sunday, June 4 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure - I have a character breakfast booked at the Royal Pacific Hotel at 11:30am.
Monday, June 5 - we will start at Universal and then transfer over to Caribbean Beach Resort - dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe
Tuesday, June 6 - Magic Kingdom - 8:20am Crystal Palace
Wednesday, June 7 - Typhoon Lagoon - 6:45pm 'Ohana
Thursday, June 8 - Animal Kingdom - 8:05am Tusker House Rivers of Light package
Friday, June 9 - Hollywood Studios - 11:30 Mama Melrose's, I am considering trying to do the Star Wars dessert party this night if they ever decide to offer it (The kids and Brian vetoed Prime Time. I like MM, I just wanted to try something new!)
Saturday, June 10 - Epcot - 8:10am Garden Grill
Sunday, June 11 - Magic Kingdom - 8:05 CRT ( I wasn't planning on doing this one, but the kids begged!), 6:10pm Chef Mickey's
Monday, June 12 - Seaworld - possible Kona Cafe breakfast before we leave, then dinner at Captain Cook's with bread pudding from Tambu Lounge after
Tuesday, June 13 - Blizzard Beach - 6:35pm 1900 Park Fare
Wednesday, June 14 - Epcot -1:20pm Beaches and Cream
Thursday, June 15 - Hollywood Studios - 5:00 Hollywood and Vine Minnie's Seasonal Dine Fantasmic! package
Friday, June 16 - Animal Kingdom - 11:30am Sanaa and 5:15 Tusker House Rivers of Light package (in case we want to see it twice!)
Saturday, June 17 - departure day:( - 8:45am 'Ohana

Only 113 days until Disney and 110 until we leave!!
Hi
I am very late to this amazing party
I love the scope of this trip - Go for it approach!!

We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel in 2010 and 2014 and loved it both times
Short walk to the park along the waterway
You might want to work in The Kitchen for one of your meals (at the hotel)
For meals at IOA I suggest Mythos for lunch.
It is one of the top Orlando restuarants
But show up early to get a table - it can get quite busy
The theming inside is great

The Disney plan looks great - I would suggest Tiffins for a second meal rather than going to Tuskers twice.

I know it is still aways off but I hope you guys have a great trip

Max

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Hi
I am very late to this amazing party
I love the scope of this trip - Go for it approach!!

We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel in 2010 and 2014 and loved it both times
Short walk to the park along the waterway
You might want to work in The Kitchen for one of your meals (at the hotel)
For meals at IOA I suggest Mythos for lunch.
It is one of the top Orlando restuarants
But show up early to get a table - it can get quite busy
The theming inside is great

The Disney plan looks great - I would suggest Tiffins for a second meal rather than going to Tuskers twice.

I know it is still aways off but I hope you guys have a great trip

Max
Still working on our Universal plans! I love that they don't have to be done so far in advance!
I would definitely do Tiffin's if it were just Brian and I, but I know the kids wouldn't be willing to try anything, so it will have to wait for a later trip!
Thanks for reading! I'm enjoying your report, I just haven't gotten around to commenting.:oops:

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Woo Hoo! Just saw on the Disney website that we will be getting a $75 gift card for each night stay at CBR because of all the construction that will be taking place!! That's $900!!!

Also forgot to mention that I got an ADR for the new Ariel/Eric and Rapunzel/Flynn breakfast at Trattoria al Forno at 10:10 the morning of our second DHS day. I figured we would only want to be there in the late afternoon/evening anyway to see Fantasmic! or the Star Wars show and ride ToT and RnRC) and then we could explore the Boardwalk or play mini golf after breakfast.

Figgy1

Premium Member
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're going back! Save your money and skip the dining package at Lombardi's. There's never a big crowd. The "show" is not much more than movie clips some water fountains and bottle rockets. The same goes for the"parades" at UNI, sort of Move it Shake it. If your kids like Potter early entry is the way to go to explore those areas. You can and should book Mythos, they take ADRs. Interactive wants for spell casting run about $50 each and are a lot of fun. You are going to have such a great trip!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're going back! Save your money and skip the dining package at Lombardi's. There's never a big crowd. The "show" is not much more than movie clips some water fountains and bottle rockets. The same goes for the"parades" at UNI, sort of Move it Shake it. If your kids like Potter early entry is the way to go to explore those areas. You can and should book Mythos, they take ADRs. Interactive wants for spell casting run about $50 each and are a lot of fun. You are going to have such a great trip!
I had pretty much already decided to forgo the dining package. Glad to hear you support my decision!! We will definitely be utilizing the early entry all 3 days we will be there! I am definitely planning to look at booking Mythos. Thanks for saying that about the wands, my kids were just asking me about the price! We are soooo excited!

amjt660

Premium Member
Woo Hoo! Just saw on the Disney website that we will be getting a $75 gift card for each night stay at CBR because of all the construction that will be taking place!! That's $900!!!

Also forgot to mention that I got an ADR for the new Ariel/Eric and Rapunzel/Flynn breakfast at Trattoria al Forno at 10:10 the morning of our second DHS day. I figured we would only want to be there in the late afternoon/evening anyway to see Fantasmic! or the Star Wars show and ride ToT and RnRC) and then we could explore the Boardwalk or play mini golf after breakfast.
We did the Fantasia mini golf in December and it was fun
They have 2 courses - we picked the fun one - not the one that actually looks like a miniaturized real golf course.

Max

LisaBelle

I know, right! People over on the news and rumors section are complaining that they would never be able to spend the $600 that they would get. They obviously don't do Disney like we do!!
Are those people NUTS :eek:?! I can think of plenty of ways to spend $600 at Disney! They can send their gift cards to me so I can get back sooner rather than later! Glad you'll be using the gift cards to your full advantage :joyfull:. A trip to Flower and Garden for you and Brian sounds great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom