Adults who act like kids.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Adults who act like kids used to bother me. Then I realized I sometimes do it myself. Example, a wide-eyed, drop-jawed, silly grin during Illuminations, Wishes, Fantasmic...then the happy walk. You know, light stepping, no cares, just had a great day kinda walk.

Anyone else do things at the park that as an adult you normally would not do?
Ricky

mkepcotmgmak

putting on bubba teeth and putting your best friend on your shoulders and running down main street yelling - "where's da micka mouse? where's da' micka mouse?"

tigsmom

Heck, I thought vacation was for acting crazy. :wave:
Its not like you are ever going to see those people again anyway...unless you're with family. :eek:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Unless I'm at work, I pretty much just like to laugh and have fun all the time. When I was younger and less secure I used to drink so I had an excuse, but then I realized . . . ________ it. Does it really hurt me any to have some uptight person looking down their nose at me?

That is a big thing I like about Disney World . . . I get fewer disgusted looks from people ( I still get them, but they're not as frequent ).

ImSweetPea

WOW Disney... just bring out the child in me!! Although.. I am a kid all the time.. but DIsney has this speicial way of making me feel as though its ok to just "let go" .. its amazing when we go with the family to watch my Dad and Uncles run around with the kids... just having fun...ahhhhhhhh Disney... nothing better then Good ole Disney!!!

disnyfan89

Originally posted by mkepcotmgmak
putting on bubba teeth and putting your best friend on your shoulders and running down main street yelling - "where's da micka mouse? where's da' micka mouse?"

:lol: your j/king right!!! NO :eek:

:runs 20 feet away:

j/k:p

Scooter

I don't know if is child-like or not but I notice that when I'm in Walt Disney World I tend to talk to strangers more often.

Living here in The Chicago area, talking to strangers can be a mistake sometimes.:lol:

For some reason, when I am at The World, I'll converse with anybody and everybody.

I even talk to people in ELEVATORS at WDW...something I would NEVER do at home.

I've met some really nice people on my various trips to Disney World...perhaps I should take that carefree attitude home with me after my vacations are over.:lol:

mkepcotmgmak

QUOTE] your j/king right!!! NO [/QUOTE]

ummm... NO.

and the funny thing is... it was our last day, and my parents just happened to be sitting in rocking chairs on main street, and we went running by... and we ran up to them yellin.... "where's da micka mouze, where's da micka mouze," and they totally acted like they had NO idea who i was... and my mom was kind of like... I CANT BELIEVE YOU DID THAT>>>> -- -WHY? it is disney world... act like a kid!!! have fun - people around us thought it was REAL funny!

(i once saw a dad who put his four or five yar old on his shoulders, and the dad would make a sneezing sound, and the little boy would shoot his water gun (more of a mist) - the one you can buy with a fan, and people would think that dad just sneezed on them, and that little kid thought that was the funniest thing ever![

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I am 20 y/o (what some of you may still consider a kid) but I always feel like I can get the inner child out more at Disney than anywhere else. Maybe it's due to the fact that I know I'll never see any of these people again in my life. :lol:

mkepcotmgmak

Originally posted by Scooter
I don't know if is child-like or not but I notice that when I'm in Walt Disney World I tend to talk to strangers more often.

Living here in The Chicago area, talking to strangers can be a mistake sometimes.:lol:

For some reason, when I am at The World, I'll converse with anybody and everybody.

I even talk to people in ELEVATORS at WDW...something I would NEVER do at home.

I've met some really nice people on my various trips to Disney World...perhaps I should take that carefree attitude home with me after my vacations are over.:lol:

i am the SAME way - you become a different person - like an actor - when I worked for wdw - i could strike up a conversation with someone about ANYTHING! - really... lol.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Yes, conversations with strangers are much easier at WDW. Maybe it is just the atmosphere, or other peoples fun attitudes make you want to speak to them. Now, mind you, there are always the party poopers in every park, the ones obviously having a lousy time, or are concentrating so hard on doing as much as possible that they miss the whole point. It is not easy to speak with these types, or even want to.

One thing I like to do is if I see a family taking a group picture, and one of them is not going to get to be in the shot, I'll ask them if I can take the picture for them so everyone can be in the picture. Another is a couple who are taking pictures of each other. They usually really appreciate having some together pictures. Since I have quit carrying around all my camera stuff, I don't take many pictures for us so I usually don't spend a lot of time taking pictures for others, but it is fun to offer occasionally.

Oh, Jennifer I thought that same thing about never seeing these people again. Last year we were at the GF, looking at the big gingerbread house and I nearly ran all over this woman. I just was not paying enough attention to my surroundings. We had a good laugh about it and spoke briefly about how beautiful the decorations were. About 3 months later, in a mall in Atlanta this woman came up to me and jokingly said "OK, pay attention to where you are going". It was her. Turns out she lives in North Georgia too. She and my wife spoke about shopping and we had another good laugh and went on our way.

Ricky

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Where do you live in North Georgia? My hometown is the first town once you enter NC through the main road of North Georgia. We may have been so close and never even knew it!!

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Hi Jennifer,
We live in a small town. The closest thing you might have heard of is Helen, a small tourist spot where the whole town has a bavarian theme. Being so close to NC, we always head up your way to see the leaves change this time of year. I especially like the Highlands, Franklin area, and over toward Murphy and Hayesville. We also like to go rafting down the Nantahala.
Ricky

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by epcotisbest
Hi Jennifer,
We live in a small town. The closest thing you might have heard of is Helen, a small tourist spot where the whole town has a bavarian theme. Being so close to NC, we always head up your way to see the leaves change this time of year. I especially like the Highlands, Franklin area, and over toward Murphy and Hayesville. We also like to go rafting down the Nantahala.
Ricky
Psst... I live in Franklin. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom