Adult trip alone value or moderate?

atterris

Hi Everyone,
I plan on going on a trip by myself next Spring Break. I'm a teacher and have a limited budget but will need to take a vacation. The people that I usually travel with are either in the process of having babies or not financially able to go on the trip with me. I can either stay for 7 days at a value resort or 5 days at a moderate. What would you resort level would you suggest for me and what resort do you think would be good for a person going on their own? Also, typically are there any discounts in the begining of March? My friends all tell me to go to an all inclusive resort, I told them are you kidding Disney is the place for me!

Amanda

Vader2112

Coronado Springs usually has great deals. I have bumped into several people traveling on there own at this resort as many conventions take place there. Several business travelers and the only mod/value with a lounge.

Upvote 0

lostpro9het

Upvote 0

Vader2112

I would have to say it depends how much time you are spending at the resort. If you are going to be at the parks all day a value is fine. I have stayed at all the values and mods. You really can not go worng CS is just my favorite of all the values and mods.

Upvote 0

Vader2112

I agree with Lostpro9het no need for the dinning plan if on your own. Definatley ADRs are a must. AA would be a good choice . I guess that is one I have not done :) Anxious to give it a try.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

I would also suggest PoP it is a nice resort. I have done a short solo trip and stayed at AS Music in a regular room. It was very nice. Although they tend to put groups of kids at the AS resorts. Now, I did notice that I had a lot more frequent conversations with CMs when waiting in line and such as you are on your own. It was nice to do a solo trip, but there were times that I missed my DH. Remember most of the resorts have at least one "quiet pool" if you don't want to be around a large number of people and are looking for some quiet time. Enjoy your trip. On a solo trip I would only bother with the QS dining, it's a little strange in a sit-down restaurant by yourself, or at least I find it is.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi Everyone,
I plan on going on a trip by myself next Spring Break. I'm a teacher and have a limited budget but will need to take a vacation. The people that I usually travel with are either in the process of having babies or not financially able to go on the trip with me. I can either stay for 7 days at a value resort or 5 days at a moderate. What would you resort level would you suggest for me and what resort do you think would be good for a person going on their own? Also, typically are there any discounts in the begining of March? My friends all tell me to go to an all inclusive resort, I told them are you kidding Disney is the place for me!

Amanda

I usually opt for a longer stay over the hotel. And yes, good choice to stay on property! :)

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Having done similar solo trips (a week in a value, 4 nights in a deluxe) I would go for the longer trip in a value. If I'm going to fork over the money for a "better" resort, I feel like I should spend more time there. But if I spend too much time hanging around the hotel, I start getting lonely after a few days... and I tend to be a bit of a loner by nature, so that's saying something. When I took the longer trip at Pop, I never got lonely because I was always out and about doing something.

Upvote 0

atterris

Original Poster
I'm thinking that the dining plan might not be in the cards for me this trip. The amount of food on the regular plan is quite a bit and I'm not sure I want to eat counter service for every meal. For those of you that have gone by yourself before what do you do for meals?

Upvote 0

maryszhi

i would suggest pop. its easy to get around, good food, and you can stay 7 days vs. 5. also i would recommend a preferred room so your close to the buses, lobby, etc. also all of the Disney hotels are safe :) just exercise caution and common sense and you should be fine :) also it depends with discount, but if its early march, and easter is later, you might be able to get one :) i would keep my eyes peeled, especially for pin codes.

Upvote 0

acishere

I'd go with Pop or AS just to make the trip 7 days, but I'd still hunt around the internet to see you can get a room heavily discounted at the Moderates. The values are going to have groups of kids and is just a much more hectic atmosphere, but if its just a place to rest your head its fine.

When I travel solo for business I always find myself eating dinner at the bar. It allows me to not be stuck with QS the whole trip and feels much less awkward than sitting at a table alone.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom