Adult question

rev

Does Disneyworld host a gay week, weekend or day?

I'm not passing judgement, just planning around seasonal events

Thanks!:cool:

AliciaLuvzDizne

Yep there is one...
there is a website all about it too but i dont know the address. I would suggest Googling wdw gay day, unless someone with a better memory than I comes on this thread and posts the address.

Upvote 0

JBSLJames

Most parks have an un-official observance of the Holiday that is not sponsored by the parks. PKI's is in June, and until we were Season Pass holders, it seemed like every time we went (each year, one weekend in June) everyone was wearing 'red' and we were told it was 'Gay Day'.

Bottom line, is that most people, straight or not, do not flaunt public displays of affection (PDA) and it has no effect on your visit. It is the minority that seem to wear the PDA as a badge of honor that can cause some uneasy moments, especially if you have kids. I would search is as mentioned above to try and get an "say it" anticipated date.

Upvote 0

Calamar

Originally posted by rev
Does Disneyworld host a gay week, weekend or day?

You know, I went to WDW in early June with some family and friends, and we were all rather irked when we learned that our trip would coincide to the event you're referring to. In retrospect, I wouldn't worry about it. It's not a big event, as far as I know; my group only spotted a few of the red-shirts. We wouldn't have been aware of an event in progress if we hadn't heard about it beforehand, as the crowds weren't any thicker than they usually are. And, fortunately, I don't remember any PDAs.

Upvote 0

JBSLJames

Originally posted by General Grizz
I believe Country Bear Jamboree is their meet spot at the Magic Kingdom. Last year the line went down to Liberty Square.

Are you implying something about the Country Bears? My kids really liked that movie and look forward to seeing them.

Upvote 0

General Grizz

Originally posted by JBSLJames
Are you implying something about the Country Bears? My kids really liked that movie and look forward to seeing them.

Certainly not. I'm one of the Country Bear Jamboree's biggest fans, I'm sure, although I'm not really that hip about the movie. :)

Thanks, Erika. :wave:

Upvote 0

Erika

Originally posted by General Grizz
Certainly not. I'm one of the Country Bear Jamboree's biggest fans, I'm sure, although I'm not really that hip about the movie. :)

Thanks, Erika. :wave:

Ah yes- I meant the ride, not the movie :lol: Oops!

Upvote 0

barnum42

I inadvertently stumbled across the Gay Day about six years ago when I was on the Ferry to MK and noticed a large number of gentlemen sporting red T-shirts, short hair and droopy moustaches. Closer inspection of the T-shirts revealed the common thread.

I did not stay long in MK as there were (according to figures) twenty thousand extra folk in the park. I just went to Epcot / MGM where the queues were considerably lighter. So, if you are concerned about high attendance and long waits – like me – then don’t worry, just miss Magic Kingdom on Gay Day.

Upvote 0

BeachClub

Two years ago, we fell smack dab in the middle of Gay Day's ... yes its plural....they are there for a LONG weekend. All wearing red t-shirts...etc...and we did experience public affection. My son at the time was 7 and I had alot of explaining to do. :mad:

Last year, we just hit the tail end of Gay Day's weekend and heard from a DC that they were told to tone it down a bit. We didnt see as many red shirts during our stay.

It does get to be a little more crowded during that time due to the number of extra guests.
Also, when we checked in and during our last stay, we would get updated notes under our door with Disney's recomended park of the day...which also stated a high amount of guests going to certain parks....I eventually found out they knowing I had young children were giving me sutle hints as to which parks to stay away due to the high number of Gay Day Celebrants attending that park. The water parks also had "special" events that took place and had some sections of the water parks closed due to special events.

So, do check the website listed on this thread before...it does tell you what weekend will be used in that celebration and which parks they will be attending and at what times.

(dont get me wrong....I feel EVERYONE is entitled to thier own sexual preference...and no judgement has been passed by me in this posting-I am mearly stating facts from my trips)

:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom