Adr ?

yankeevttch

Original Poster
Hi everyone!! My DH and I had made all of our ADRs in April for our upcoming trip and we just including ourselves. My question is should we had included our son (will be 1 year at our trip) on our ADRs even if he was just going to eat off our plates and will be sitting in a high chair?

The reason why I am asking is because I saw on another forum that someone was in the same situation and was turned away from one of thier ADRs.

WDWmazprty

If I'm not mistaken, a 1 year old doesnt pay on the DDP, so it so shouldn't matter, and you shouldn't be turnd away for that either.

I hope I'm understanding the question correctly.

bmarkelon

Yes, your son should have been included on your ADRs. We just got back and our 18 month old daughter was on every reservation even though she was not on our dining plan and mostly ate off of our plates.

I would call and see if you can add your son on each one, explaining your situation. There still may be enough time to have no issues with this. Good Luck!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Every member in your party is required to be on the reservation regardless of age. This is simply to be able to put you at a table large enough to accommodate your party's size. At this point you might be in a bit of a pickle as you can not simply add one person to a dining reservation in the system. You have to make a new reservation and cancel the old one. Depending on where your ADR's are that might not be possible. If you are a party of two going to three, changing it at the podium should not be that much of a problem as you would more than likely be sat at a 4 top anyway. If you are going to a party of four to five you are going to run into some issues and will need to try and redo your ADRs.

yankeevttch

Original Poster
Thank you everyone DH called and all but 4 ressies were problems. They told us to call back a month before our trip and then again a week before.

GoochDSA

You could always try to show up and hope for the best, but it is possible to be turned away, especially if the restaurant is packed that night. It doesn't have anything to do with what your son will eat, it has to do with finding table space for them (since a lot of the restaurants don't have much wiggle room) and it has to do with things like head counts for fire codes which every person, no matter how young or old, has to be counted.

You can keep trying, try multiple times a day if you want, even while you are there you can call and check if something is available for where and when you want. If not, you can try just showing up, but don't be upset if they turn you away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom