ADR not available at Tutto for a party of 2, however it's available for a party of 3

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
Last night I thought about making a lunch ADR for this December at Tutto Italia, however when I looked for a party of 2 nothing was available no matter the date or time. However just for fun when I tried looking for a party of 3 on the date I would have made it for it became available at 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM and 1:30 PM. I'm just wondering why is the WDW dining system have no tables available for a certain amount of guests and other tables available for guests with more people in their party.

aladdin2007

Last night I thought about making a lunch ADR for this December at Tutto Italia, however when I looked for a party of 2 nothing was available no matter the date or time. However just for fun when I tried looking for a party of 3 on the date I would have made it for it became available at 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM and 1:30 PM. I'm just wondering why is the WDW dining system have no tables available for a certain amount of guests and other tables available for guests with more people in their party.

Ive never understood the system either or they say its booked when it clearly is not booked. Though this is during candlelight processional package time so that may have something to do with it...... I would say in general, maybe not so much in December, but you can always walk into Tutto for lunch without a reservation, we always do as a party of two and its never a problem. They always take us right in and the place stays nearly empty.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I'm just wondering why is the WDW dining system have no tables available for a certain amount of guests and other tables available for guests with more people in their party.
Quite simply, a party of 3 needs to be seated at a table which will accommodate 4 - did you check out availability for 4 people ?
Some tables in some restaurants will only seat 2 - perhaps the system has changed to prevent a party of 2 from using a table which could seat 3 or 4, once all the designated tables for 2 have gone ?

CAPTAIN HOOK

@CAPTAIN HOOK what would happen if the OP booked the reservation for 3 but only shows up with 2?

Nothing untoward would happen if the OP showed up with fewer guests than is booked on the ADR. They would still be seated.
Nothing would "happen" to @Innkeeper's Club if a table for 3, 4 or 17 were booked and only 2 showed up.

The MORAL question is "is that really fair on other diners, to DELIBERATELY overbook a table for your own selfish gains" If I found out that I couldn't get a reservation for my party of 3 due to the selfish actions of another party then I'd be pretty p*ssed

aladdin2007

guys if you overbook and those party members dont show up, your charge you made the reservation with gets fined, I believe its $10 a person. someone correct me if wrong.

EvilQueen-T

@CAPTAIN HOOK what would happen if the OP booked the reservation for 3 but only shows up with 2?

We've done exactly that actually. We were booked for 3 but my adult daughter wasn't feeling well so my granddaughter and I went without her to dinner. It was no problem at all. They said (and it makes sense) they can adjust down since you were reserved for the space anyway but just can't always adjust up...like a 4 top going to 6 just wouldn't fit but going from 3 to 2 wasn't an issue at all. We were at Coral Reef and ended up at a 2 top one row off the aquarium windows.

potzie

Nothing would "happen" to @Innkeeper's Club if a table for 3, 4 or 17 were booked and only 2 showed up.

The MORAL question is "is that really fair on other diners, to DELIBERATELY overbook a table for your own selfish gains" If I found out that I couldn't get a reservation for my party of 3 due to the selfish actions of another party then I'd be pretty p*ssed

Help me understand how that is a selfish gain? The restaurant has the space, would prefer a 4 top be used for 3 or 4, but they have space. Since they are only 2 people they shouldn't be allowed to eat at the restaurant that has space in case a larger party wants to take the reservation? Disney is smart enough and they have spent enough on technology that they should be able to manage table tops without the need to do it the way it appears they are.

If Disney can spend Billions on managing park flow for FP+ how can they not manage their restaurants better than what it appears they are doing.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

An off the wall suggestion.....

If Tutto does not want you? Consider getting on the BOAT, International Gateway, and going to a FAR BETTER Italian Restaurant....

IlMullino, Swan.

No DDP, TIW Welcome, FAR better Dining.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Help me understand how that is a selfish gain? The restaurant has the space, would prefer a 4 top be used for 3 or 4, but they have space. Since they are only 2 people they shouldn't be allowed to eat at the restaurant that has space in case a larger party wants to take the reservation?
A party of 2 ( for example) making an ADR for a party of 4 to ensure that the party of 2 manage to eat there is being selfish - it is deliberately depriving a party of 3 or 4 from booking that table. Therefore that is selfish.
However, if the party of 2 showed up at the restaurant and were seated at a table which seats 4 then they have done nothing wrong as Disney is managing their restaurants availability and filling any empty tables.
Its the difference between booking in advance, and filling up on the day

potzie

A party of 2 ( for example) making an ADR for a party of 4 to ensure that the party of 2 manage to eat there is being selfish - it is deliberately depriving a party of 3 or 4 from booking that table. Therefore that is selfish.
However, if the party of 2 showed up at the restaurant and were seated at a table which seats 4 then they have done nothing wrong as Disney is managing their restaurants availability and filling any empty tables.

I believe you forgot to add "IMO" to the start of your post.

So a party of 2 shouldn't be able to eat at the restaurant because they aren't big enough? I don't think this is going to become a widespread issue, but I am glad you as the morality police have this situation under control.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I believe you forgot to add "IMO" to the start of your post.

So a party of 2 shouldn't be able to eat at the restaurant because they aren't big enough? I don't think this is going to become a widespread issue, but I am glad you as the morality police have this situation under control.
Sorry, just who are you to state that I am morality police ???

I am posting an opinion (I don't consider it necessary to type "IMO" or perhaps I would have done), as after all - almost everything posted on here is an opinion.
IMO you should take your sarky comments elsewhere

potzie

Sorry, just who are you to state that I am morality police ???

I am posting an opinion (I don't consider it necessary to type "IMO" or perhaps I would have done), as after all - almost everything posted on here is an opinion.
IMO you should take your sarky comments elsewhere

I believe your use of the term "MORAL" in your initial post and then telling people what is right and wrong is what would make you the morality police.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I believe your use of the term "MORAL" in your initial post and then telling people what is right and wrong is what would make you the morality police.
Perhaps you should start your reply with IMO - you state "I believe" therefore you have an opinion ???

Don't preach if you can't uphold your own high standards

potzie

Perhaps you should start your reply with IMO - you state "I believe" therefore you have an opinion ???

Don't preach if you can't uphold your own high standards

When you are stating a fact, you don't need to use IMO. You factually did what I said, the proof is right there in your quotes. IMO if you are stating an opinion you should use "IMO", but facts are facts. I guess since you are the morality police it isn't just an opinion in your case, it is the law.

Maybe fill me in on what my high standards are? I think Disney's reservation system is flawed and if someone works around the system to make a reservation for their family to eat at a restaurant that HAS SPACE then who am I or YOU to judge?

Also, I will take my sarky comments, but can I leave my snarky comments?

potzie

Since I am both the law and the judge you cannot win - I'm getting immensely tired of your pettiness so I will leave you to go and cause trouble with someone else YAWN

Please, do walk away. You've been beat, you know it, the proof is here in the thread. You started with giving us all a lesson on morality, and stating how upset you would be if you found out you couldn't have a table because someone else took the table from you. I called you on it, you didn't like that someone questioned your authority on the matter.

If you are the police, you are the cop that tried to abuse their power, got called on it and then slinks away hoping no one noticed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom