ADR 180 days in advance?

biggy H

Original Poster
I've seen on another site that WDW are changing thier policy, effective 28th october 2005, so that you can make ADR's 180 days in advance, also that they will publish operating hours 6 months in advance.

Also from February 2006 anyone booking the breakfast at CRT and the princess story book at Epcot will have to pay in full at time of booking.

Anybody heard anything about this?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
What site?

The operating hours part doesn't make sense, since they can change even a week before the date.

lscott933

it is on wdwig.com or allearnets.com. they tell all about the changes. they are also going to have a new dinner with fairy godmother. it will take two on your dinning plan too. they also say that disney is going to have the schedule for six months in advance now too. 180 DAYS IN ADVANCE!

As of October 28, 2005, you will be able to make all your Walt Disney World table service dining reservations as far as 180 days in advance! If you are staying at a Disney resort, you will still be able to book reservations for your entire stay, starting at 180 days from your arrival date. The new 180-day advance reservation program applies to Disney child care centers (Simba's Cubhouse, Never Land Club, etc.), and also other special events like the Wonderland Tea Party. In conjunction with this change to dining reservations, Walt Disney World will also publish operating hours six months in advance, to enable you to plan better.

NEW! CHANGES AT CINDERELLA'S ROYAL TABLE!

Beginning February 1, 2006, dining at Cinderella's Royal Table will undergo several changes:

-- Breakfast and Lunch will continue as Disney Princess-themed character meals. However, when you arrive at Cinderella Castle for your reservation, a photographer will be on hand to take pictures of your group in the lobby, before you are seated in the dining room. A package with four 4x6 prints and one 6x8 print of your photo, as well as one 6x8 print of Cinderella Castle, in a Cinderella photo holder (valued at $29.95 plus tax) will be delivered to you during your meal, which will be from a fixed-price, set menu. (Additional photos may be purchased.)

Breakfast: $31.99 ages 10 and up; $21.99 ages 3-9. Lunch: $33.99 ages 10 and up; $22.99 ages 3-9.

-- Dinner will become a fixed-price, set meal, also, hosted by the Fairy Godmother, who will lead the observance of special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries. You will also have the chance to have your photo taken before dining, with a photo package similar to that mentioned above offered to you during the meal. In addition, you will receive a special, unframed, unmatted lithograph (worth $50), given exclusively to diners at Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner.

Dinner: $39.99 ages 10 and up; $24.99 ages 3-9.

NOTE: Once these changes go into effect (February 1, 2006), payment in full with a credit card will be required at the time of booking for all meals at Cinderella's Royal Table. If you do not have a credit card, the reservation cannot be made. All reservations for dining at Cinderella's Royal Table prior to February 1, 2006, will follow current pricing and deposit payment policies.

Magic Your Way Plus Dining Plan WILL be accepted at Cinderella's Royal Table meals, requiring TWO table service credits.

wannabeBelle

lscott933 said:
it is on wdwig.com or allearnets.com. they tell all about the changes. they are also going to have a new dinner with fairy godmother. it will take two on your dinning plan too. they also say that disney is going to have the schedule for six months in advance now too.
I hadnt heard anything about this one. Do you have a link?? Belle

MickeyTigg

lscott933 said:
In conjunction with this change to dining reservations, Walt Disney World will also publish operating hours six months in advance, to enable you to plan better.

Apparently this is not ready yet....park hours are only posted on WDW's site through December 2005.

:rolleyes:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
TiggerRPh said:
Apparently this is not ready yet....park hours are only posted on WDW's site through December 2005.

:rolleyes:

And they were slower than normal getting those out.

They will probably just release "base" hours for each period and then change them as they go along.

rainfully

Wow... six months... that's INSANE!

I thought three was bad enough... (considering I don't usually plan my trips till a couple of weeks in advance... :eek: )

GoofyMom2

Yikes! 6 mos!! That's almost too much time..... :lookaroun

Now I have to try to shift gears to see if I can make ADR for my next trip. Not liking the sound of the new CRT fixed price menus..... anyone know khat the menu will be? (not buffet anymore?) Expensive as well..............

Moustronaut

wannabeBelle said:
WOW!!!!! I am a really good planner and that is even too much for me!!! I wonder how this is going to impact on getting of more difficult ressies such as Cinderella's Royal Table etc. Thanks so much for the link!! Belle
Well the payment in full bit could make those casual planners a bit less likely to make reservations unless they are sure they are going to be there. Wonder if there's a change to the cancelation policy?

Aurora23

I tried again today to make CRT ressies for December and the recording still says 90 days. I didn't even think to ask if the 180 day-rule was true.

shoppingnut

Moustronaut said:
Well the payment in full bit could make those casual planners a bit less likely to make reservations unless they are sure they are going to be there. Wonder if there's a change to the cancelation policy?

Then you have to think of the folks on the dining plan, they won't need to pay in advance, but could easily cancel a ressie at the last minute because they have nothing to lose.

I'm not liking 180 days in advance, I think that is way too far out. If Disney couldn't get passholders to book room 180 days out, not sure this will work. I think there is going to be lots of problems, like people deciding well we might go this week, maybe I should make the reservations anyway because it is 180 days out.

I'm also disappointed at CRT dinner, I had enjoyed having the dinner without any characters and it had a nice menu. Now I'll most likely have to eat outside of MK for dinner, since I don't like the menu at LTT and when I was at Tony's earlier this month, the food was terrible. MK needs more decent sit down restaurants, there aren't enough.

MickeyTigg

lscott933 said:
Dinner will become a fixed-price, set meal, also, hosted by the Fairy Godmother, who will lead the observance of special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries. You will also have the chance to have your photo taken before dining, with a photo package similar to that mentioned above offered to you during the meal. In addition, you will receive a special, unframed, unmatted lithograph (worth $50), given exclusively to diners at Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner.

This is what's burning me up.

:mad:

We go to Cindy's for breakfast...daughter loves Cinderella....but you know, sometimes we like to go for dinner, for a nice meal in the castle and no characters...now we can't.

biggy H

Original Poster
shoppingnut said:
Then you have to think of the folks on the dining plan, they won't need to pay in advance, but could easily cancel a ressie at the last minute because they have nothing to lose.

You will have to leave a credit card number when you make you booking. No credit card = no CRT ADR.

Just think of all that money Disney will be making interest on...... I wonder how much that will be.

1stStarIC2nite

So then this now means all PR ressies can be made for a trip in March?/Also, can I book dinner reservations for Hoop Dee Doo at the same time now?

And I'm very dissappointed with the changes to CRT dinner.. it used to be a fantastic way to have dinner and it's going to be just another character-type meal... :(

DisneyMissy

Well if this is true then I am within the window. I am going in March. So now I guess I gotta scramble and figure out exaclty where I want to eat and give a call before it gets booked. I wonder if this is really true........

wannab@dis

biggy H said:
You will have to leave a credit card number when you make you booking. No credit card = no CRT ADR.

Just think of all that money Disney will be making interest on...... I wonder how much that will be.
:veryconfu Very confused as to how you think Disney would make interest? They don't charge your card at the time of the ressies, just if you don't show up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom