Adios Fast and Furious

lebeau

My big problem with F&F and Kong is not being able to see enough of what's happening. The cab of the ride blocks what's coming next. The roof blocks the top of the action. Then there's the worst problem of all: other guests. Then there's also the issue of things happening simultaneously on both sides and so you lose any sort of narrative.

Then both have queue issues that I can compose a screed about.

BTW, this is in no way saying that Kong is as bad as F&F. F&F wins hands down.

I have never had a problem with Kong but as I understand it all seats are not equal. I guess I have gotten lucky. The one time I rode F&F I saw more than I wanted to see.

Jon81uk

My big problem with F&F and Kong is not being able to see enough of what's happening. The cab of the ride blocks what's coming next. The roof blocks the top of the action. Then there's the worst problem of all: other guests. Then there's also the issue of things happening simultaneously on both sides and so you lose any sort of narrative.

Then both have queue issues that I can compose a screed about.

BTW, this is in no way saying that Kong is as bad as F&F. F&F wins hands down.

I think not being able to see through the roof of the truck on Kong is very deliberate as then they would need a cinema screen above you etc.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think not being able to see through the roof of the truck on Kong is very deliberate as then they would need a cinema screen above you etc.

I understand that, but the roof, IMO, cuts off way too much of the above. If you have a window seat, you can lean your head out as much as you dare before being yelled at and see the full helicopter. If you're on the other side of the vehicle, the roof blocks almost all of the helicopter. And if you're in the middle, the roof blocks the upper picture on both sides and guests on either side block the rest.

Tom Morrow

If the ride isn't closed for good, I hope they take the opportunity to re-work it a bit for when it re-opens. A handful of tweaks could turn it into something at least somewhat respectable.

- A story that makes any sense at all
- Re-work the two pre-shows so that you know everything you need to know before boarding the bus. As is, everything before the high speed chase is STILL pre-show/setup/exposition. The queue pre-shows tell you so little and are total filler. Then the ride continues harping on the same things, "turn your cell phones off! Turn your cell phones off! You didn't turn your cell phone off??"

The video during the tunnel sequence is the type of thing that should have been conveyed before even boarding the bus. Something else could go here. This would be a great opportunity to emphasize the "party bus" with a cool light show.

Instead of flying through the one physical street scene and STILL having the onboard screens demand your attention, you should slowly cruise through this scene. It could have animatronics or some form of physical effects. Your attention should be on the scene, not the screens.

The absolutely cringey, god-awful party scene should be completely redone. It needs to be an action scene, and the riders need to be part of that action rather than just watching. Movement could be added here as well. Yes, it would be more similar to the first two Kong screens, but that would still be a vast improvement.

The main segment is okay enough but should probably have been kept 3D.

Something better than the cast giving you a very lazy "good job, thanks" message after the main segment.

JoeCamel

If the ride isn't closed for good, I hope they take the opportunity to re-work it a bit for when it re-opens. A handful of tweaks could turn it into something at least somewhat respectable.

- A story that makes any sense at all
- Re-work the two pre-shows so that you know everything you need to know before boarding the bus. As is, everything before the high speed chase is STILL pre-show/setup/exposition. The queue pre-shows tell you so little and are total filler. Then the ride continues harping on the same things, "turn your cell phones off! Turn your cell phones off! You didn't turn your cell phone off??"

The video during the tunnel sequence is the type of thing that should have been conveyed before even boarding the bus. Something else could go here. This would be a great opportunity to emphasize the "party bus" with a cool light show.

Instead of flying through the one physical street scene and STILL having the onboard screens demand your attention, you should slowly cruise through this scene. It could have animatronics or some form of physical effects. Your attention should be on the scene, not the screens.

The absolutely cringey, god-awful party scene should be completely redone. It needs to be an action scene, and the riders need to be part of that action rather than just watching. Movement could be added here as well. Yes, it would be more similar to the first two Kong screens, but that would still be a vast improvement.

The main segment is okay enough but should probably have been kept 3D.

Something better than the cast giving you a very lazy "good job, thanks" message after the main segment.
Or maybe put something else here and build a ride that is fast - and - furious?
They are hobbled by the cloned ride system more than anything. Oh, that and budget.

I might suggest a classic monsters ride ala GMR as a replacement.

Tom Morrow

Or maybe put something else here and build a ride that is fast - and - furious?
They are hobbled by the cloned ride system more than anything. Oh, that and budget.

I might suggest a classic monsters ride ala GMR as a replacement.
I mean, of course I'd rather have it gutted and repurposed, but I'm brainstorming ways for them to improve it on a shoestring budget.

I agree. Part of the allure of the movies are fast cars. I am pretty sure I never saw Dom racing the quarter mile in a bus. :D
Okay, I am obviously in the minority, but I kind of like F&F. I do think that having a test track fast finale drive would have been a really cool thing. Maybe the poster of this idea should join Universal Imagineering.

JoeCamel

Okay, I am obviously in the minority, but I kind of like F&F. I do think that having a test track fast finale drive would have been a really cool thing. Maybe the poster of this idea should join Universal Imagineering.
I can introduce you to a guy that goes by the name Drupercharged. You would get along with him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom