Adios Fast and Furious

Brer Oswald

If true, this will be the only major attraction to have its entire life duration between my previous and next trips. My last visit to UO was in 2015, and my next would’ve been in the next 2 years.

OG Runner

I actually Like Poseidon's Fury more than Fast e Furious. Every new year the outdated animation makes PF funnier to witness

I am sorry, but I would rather go on the Minions ride, Jimmy Fallon, Transformers and the Simpsons all in a row than endure
Poseidon's Fury again. At the same, I guess you are right and it is better than Fast & Furious. 🤪

The_Jobu

At Universal, I'm not sure, maybe Island Skipper Tours? I wonder which one closed faster, Island Skipper Tours or the DAK boats?

I never even heard of Island Skipper Tours before, just checked online and said it only lasted 2 years before closing due to upkeep costs. I think FF is on its second year, so it might come down to the day.

However, it looks like Superstar Limo didn't even last a year, so the record is safe.

Now that's a fast closure.

trr1

for Florida Residents
Buy a Day, Visit Now Thru Dec. 24 for Free

With a 2-Park 1-Day Park-to-Park Ticket
Add Volcano Bay for Only $29
Escape to the carefree island life.

Add the thrills and relaxation of Universal’s Volcano Bay water theme park for only $29.
  • No blockout dates
  • Access to Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Volcano Bay
  • Visit thru December 24, 2020

Purchase now- Sept. 30, 2020
  • No Blockout Dates
  • Access to both Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure
  • Visit thru December 24, 2020
The 2-Park Florida Resident Buy A Day Promo Ticket entitles one (1) guest admission to BOTH Universal Studios Florida, AND Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme parks on the same day. Ticket is valid for use through and including December 24, 2020. Excludes separately ticketed events. This ticket also includes admission to select live entertainment venues of Universal CityWalk. Guest must present proof of Florida residency at time of purchase, pick-up and redemption. Unused days shall be forfeited. This ticket must be purchased between August 1 and September 30, 2020. Additional restrictions may apply

The above Admission Media is non-refundable, non-transferable, and must be used by the same person on all days. Standard entry includes biometric scan. Valid only during normal operating hours. Parks, attractions, or entertainment may: close due to refurbishing, capacity, weather or special events; change operating hours; and otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of Universal Orlando Resort (“Universal”). Unless otherwise stated, does not include admission to separately ticketed events at any of the Universal theme parks or within any of the CityWalk venues, Universal Cinemark, the Blue Man Group show, or Hollywood Drive-In Golf™, and parking or discounts on food or merchandise. Some CityWalk venues require ages 21 or older for admission. Valid Photo ID required. Additional restrictions may apply and benefits are subject to change without notice.

nokahoma

The Sid and Marty Krofft theme park that opened in Atlanta in 1976 didn't even last six months before closing entirely.

champdisney

This here confirms one thing... that even Universal Orlando themselves acknowledges how bad this attraction is. At only 2 years old and already getting the Stitch’s Great Escape treatment.

Pandemic or not. Supercharged needed to go into further hibernation mode because it’s just not profitable.

OG Runner

It must be tough to deal with. The series of films did well. It seemed like an IP that would work well as a ride.
Then the final product really fell flat. Given the room they have, I would suggest the re-imagine the ride.
It could still be Fast & Furious, but use a ride system like the Indiana Jones ride in California or Dinosaur in
Florida. Each ride vehicle could be made to look like one of the cars from the movies.

Jon81uk

It must be tough to deal with. The series of films did well. It seemed like an IP that would work well as a ride.
Then the final product really fell flat. Given the room they have, I would suggest the re-imagine the ride.
It could still be Fast & Furious, but use a ride system like the Indiana Jones ride in California or Dinosaur in
Florida. Each ride vehicle could be made to look like one of the cars from the movies.

They tried to adapt a simple show from the tram tour in Hollywood again. It worked for Kong as being in a bus for a tour of Skull Island makes sense. It works for F&F for Hollywood as part of the backlot tour. But in Florida they should have used something closer to Test Track where cars at speed could actually be used.

OG Runner

They tried to adapt a simple show from the tram tour in Hollywood again. It worked for Kong as being in a bus for a tour of Skull Island makes sense. It works for F&F for Hollywood as part of the backlot tour. But in Florida they should have used something closer to Test Track where cars at speed could actually be used.

I agree. Part of the allure of the movies are fast cars. I am pretty sure I never saw Dom racing the quarter mile in a bus. :D

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My big problem with F&F and Kong is not being able to see enough of what's happening. The cab of the ride blocks what's coming next. The roof blocks the top of the action. Then there's the worst problem of all: other guests. Then there's also the issue of things happening simultaneously on both sides and so you lose any sort of narrative.

Then both have queue issues that I can compose a screed about.

BTW, this is in no way saying that Kong is as bad as F&F. F&F wins hands down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom