Additions to Disney's Animal Kingdom

JungleTrekFan

Original Poster
Looking to see some ideas of what some of you would want added to Animal Kingdom. Anything from an E ticket attraction to a small Luxo jr. style addition.

Also please be original (no Dragon tower or Search for the unicorn attractions) & be descriptive as possible. (Especially if you have an idea for a new effect or technology to be used.)
I have many ideas and will post them later.

Thanks in advance to all contributors

krankenstein

1. Discovery Island: ITTBAB is ripped out and moved to CMM (which remains, but with a new name). Inside of the ToL, we get a new show starring Jiminy Cricket and Mother Earth. They will show us the vast, natural wonders of our planet and how we (people) can impact the planet and animals. The show will feature AA and the screen.

2. CMM: This section becomes Brownstone Park. As said, ITTBAB appears here as well as a new dark ride starring Ranger Woodlore and Humphrey Bear. Ranger Woodlore will provide all of us with a camera to help document all of the animals in Brownstone Park. Of course, Humphrey wants to be in every picture and randomly pops up blocking the pictures. The end of the ride guests will have the opportunity to e-mail the pictures they took home and will dump them on a North American animal trail which will feature buffalo, white tail deer, etc. M&G remain. The area also gets a nice kiddie area featuring some attractions based on the Fab 5 visiting Jelly Stone (Think Bugs Land style attractions). Primeval Whirl would end up here but themed to Goofy driving an RV. The Picnic in the park idea would become the new dining venue in Jelly Stone.

3. DinoLand: DinoRama = Goodbye! In place of it, we get 2 new additions, a museum/CoP style attraction featuring real Dino bones. This will serve as a space to educate people about what this creatures were really like.

Those are some of the ideas I have had floating around in my head.

ScorpionX

1. Discovery Island: ITTBAB is ripped out and moved to CMM (which remains, but with a new name). Inside of the ToL, we get a new show starring Jiminy Cricket and Mother Earth. They will show us the vast, natural wonders of our planet and how we (people) can impact the planet and animals. The show will feature AA and the screen.

2. CMM: This section becomes Jelly Stone National Park. As said, ITTBAB appears here as well as a new dark ride starring Ranger Woodlore and Humphrey Bear. Ranger Woodlore will provide all of us with a camera to help document all of the animals in Jelly Stone National Park. Of course, Humphrey wants to be in every picture and randomly pops up blocking the pictures. The end of the ride guests will have the opportunity to e-mail the pictures they took home and will dump them on a North American animal trail which will feature buffalo, white tail deer, etc. M&G remain. The area also gets a nice kiddie area featuring some attractions based on the Fab 5 visiting Jelly Stone (Think Bugs Land style attractions). Primeval Whirl would end up here but themed to Goofy driving an RV. The Picnic in the park idea would become the new dining venue in Jelly Stone.

3. DinoLand: DinoRama = Goodbye! In place of it, we get 2 new additions, a museum/CoP style attraction featuring real Dino bones. This will serve as a space to educate people about what this creatures were really like.

Those are some of the ideas I have had floating around in my head.

You realize Disney could get into a big lawsuit with Hanna-Barbera for Jellystone National Park, krankenstein. That would be a effect on the DCA overhaul and the Fantasyland expansion.

I would love to see a shortened version of DisneyNature's Earth replace It's Tough to be a Bug! It fits the park's theming and philosophy very well. Pandas on Maharajah Jungle Trek would be good, as well as a South American area with an Up attraction and/or Beastly Kingdom. South America and/or Beastly Kingdom could compete very well with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

krankenstein

You realize Disney could get into a big lawsuit with Hanna-Barbera for Jellystone National Park, krankenstein. That would be a effect on the DCA overhaul and the Fantasyland expansion.

I would love to see a shortened version of DisneyNature's Earth replace It's Tough to be a Bug! It fits the park's theming and philosophy very well. Pandas on Maharajah Jungle Trek would be good, as well as a South American area with an Up attraction and/or Beastly Kingdom. South America and/or Beastly Kingdom could compete very well with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

I meant Brownstone Park. I got my childhood cartoons backwards. :shrug:

You do realize that this is just a Imagineer Forum? It isn't real? None of this stuff is ever going to happen. Nor will it change the current projects. You continue to amaze me with some of the things you come up with.

JungleTrekFan

Original Poster
Back to the Ideas;
Im thinking using sea serpent(s) for either a luxo type thing or for a nighttime show or for basically any sort of usage at all. Probably a lot easier to use on a ride than in a nighttime show, but i dream big. Anyways so i assume its similar to the tech of the piranhas in jungle cruise in Anaheim, but seeing as im not sure of what kinda tech that uses i'll describe it like this; Basically have a large spin-able wheel on the edge of the wheel would be the "scales & body" of the creature. But a portion of this wheel is cut off so when not in use you would just see water. The body of the creature would only be a few inches (to about < half of the whole body) so that the wheel would be hidden. Put them the correct distance apart and it could look like a serpent swimming through the water. I'll probably make a sketch and post it tomorrow

It might startle people a little too much for a luxo type thing, not to mention it would be hard to find a well trafficed area by the water to put it, seeing as most of the paths are not that close to the water. Would have worked perfect for the river boats attraction they use to have.

plutoismyhero

Ive always wanted to see Australia, and of course beastly kingdom. A LCI character would be nice to see since lucky is gone. And yes disney needs to use the disney earth show in AK they have to it is an awesome show it must be utilized. And they need to incorporate dragons somehow especially if they dont add BK they need to it would be so cool.

ObssesionRocks

As I have said in another thread, I believe there should be something about bears. I thought of this because many different disney characters are bears. And bears are wild animals that I belive are interesting in there own way. therefore, if bears had their own habitat(like the birds show at Camp Minnie-Mickey), it would be fun.

plutoismyhero

As I have said in another thread, I believe there should be something about bears. I thought of this because many different disney characters are bears. And bears are wild animals that I belive are interesting in there own way. therefore, if bears had their own habitat(like the birds show at Camp Minnie-Mickey), it would be fun.

I would have to completely and utterly 100% agree with you, i wish i would have though of that for my post.

ScorpionX

Today, I am posting the new attraction list for my vision of Disney's Animal Kingdom:

SAFARI VILLAGE:
A. Genesis Gardens Oasis Exhibits
B. Tree of Life
C. DisneyNature's Earth (FP available)
D. Lion King Celebration Parade

GRIZZLY-POLAR COUNTRY: *
A. Country Bear Jamboree **
B. Bambi's Voyage (FP available)
C. Polar Bears & Penguins -Live on Stage!
D. Surf's Up! Adventure (FP available)
E. Journey to the Center of the Earth (FP available)

BEASTLY KINGDOM:
A. Dragon Tower (FP available)
B. Quest of the Unicorn
C. Storybookland Canal Boats

AFRICA:
A. Kilimanjaro Safaris (FP available)
B. Festival of the Lion King ***
C. Giraffe Gathering Nature Walk ****
D. Wildlife Express Train Africa

RAFIKI'S PLANET WATCH:
A. Wildlife Express Train Rafiki's Planet Watch
B. Conservation Station
C. Habitat Habit!
D. Affection Section

ASIA:
A. Maharajah Jungle Trek *****
B. Tiger Rapids Run ****** (FP available)
C. Expedition: Everest (FP available)
D. Flights of Wonder

DINOLAND USA:
A. Crooklyn Bridge *******
B. Boneyard
C. TriceraTop Spin
D. Primeval Whirl (FP available)
E. Countdown to Extinction (FP available)
F. Tarzan Rocks!
G. Dinosaurs -Live! ******** (Location: click here
)

*repleacing Camp Minnie-Mickey
**moved from MK, replaced by PHH, and PHH is replaced by Mr. Toad
***moved from CMM
****new name for Pangani Foest Exploration Trail
*****pandas will be added
******audio-animatronic tigers will be added
*******new name for Olden Gate Bridge
********not the parade from DHS, but a whole new show

CharlieD

kermit, only you could put Country Bear Jamboree, Bambi, polar bears, surfing penguins (a Sony film) and a Jules Verne based attraction set inside a huge volcano in the same land.

JungleTrekFan

Original Poster
Ok so we all know Dinorama has to be destroyed. In place there could be a Treasure Hunters (Universal Singapore) type ride but you would encounter dinos running around in the jungle who escaped when you came back from "the age of the dinosaurs", this would be outside and kid friendlier than DINOSAUR.

Also, this is the only land without a animal walk thru (for obvious reasons) but add a walking attraction (presented by the Dino Institute) going thru the jungle with dino statues and sound effects of what the dinos sounded like. There could be dino prints in the pavement etc. (it could either be educational or slightly scary, i would prefer a little of both) It could include the already existing american alligator(/turtle?) area & the hidden sitting area to the left of dino institute entrance columns/planter things

krankenstein

Ok so we all know Dinorama has to be destroyed. In place there could be a Treasure Hunters (Universal Singapore) type ride but you would encounter dinos running around in the jungle who escaped when you came back from "the age of the dinosaurs", this would be outside and kid friendlier than DINOSAUR.

Also, this is the only land without a animal walk thru (for obvious reasons) but add a walking attraction (presented by the Dino Institute) going thru the jungle with dino statues and sound effects of what the dinos sounded like. There could be dino prints in the pavement etc. (it could either be educational or slightly scary, i would prefer a little of both)

They already have a trail like that. It is called Cretaceous Trail. :wave:

JungleTrekFan

Original Poster
They already have a trail like that. It is called Cretaceous Trail. :wave:

Yeah i know they do. I referenced it as the hidden sitting area to the left of the dino institute columns, because thats all it really is in its current state. To me its way to short, there's no sound effects (that i can remember), & its not even on the park map as an attraction. If i re-did it, there would be plaques to describe the statues, more sound, more statues, make it longer. Anything to make it an actual attraction and not just a sitting area.

I remember the current exit of the Dino Institute (that brings you to the souvenirs building) had sensors in the pavement which triggered sounds of dinosaurs, :lookaroun creeped me out when i was younger, anyways that could be added to make the Trail an actual attraction

krankenstein

Yeah i know they do. I referenced it as the hidden sitting area to the left of the dino institute columns, because thats all it really is in its current state. To me its way to short, there's no sound effects (that i can remember), & its not even on the park map as an attraction. If i re-did it, there would be plaques to describe the statues, more sound, more statues, make it longer. Anything to make it an actual attraction and not just a sitting area.

I remember the current exit of the Dino Institute (that brings you to the souvenirs building) had sensors in the pavement which triggered sounds of dinosaurs, :lookaroun creeped me out when i was younger, anyways that could be added to make the Trail an actual attraction

Yeah, I wish they would get those sensors working again. :brick:

I agree about the trail. It could be much more. THrow in some "living" dinosaurs and you really got something special.

JungleTrekFan

Original Poster
Another idea is for when ever they make Camp mickey-minnie into an actual land, European forests maybe :rolleyes: (hopefully with mythical creatures) There would be a stage show (possibly a night show) in an amphitheater designed like ruins with broken arches as the entrance and columns near the back with smaller stone chunks near the bottom & middle. small bushes and plants would grow around and on the ruins. It would have to have stone benches, but random planters would add more greenery to make it look really nice

Im not going to describe the stage cause im not sure exactly what the show would entail. Especially since management seem to not like the cost of stage performances like Fantasmic :fork: . but it would have water right in front of the amphitheater then a cave and/or more ruins and a lot of trees to show were in a forest. Unlike Fantasmic though, this amphitheater would be open during the day for people to sit and relax. But to allow fair game for seats and not have people hoarding spaces since park opening, it would close right before dusk or during parade. Then reopened an hour or so before the show.

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
^Camp Minnie-Mickey is more rustic and American than you're describing it. Your theater sounds like the Colosseum!

---TrevorA

JungleTrekFan

Original Poster
^Camp Minnie-Mickey is more rustic and American than you're describing it. Your theater sounds like the Colosseum!

---TrevorA

:lol: yes i know. Thats why i Said "Another idea is for when ever they make Camp Minnie-Mickey into an actual land, European forests maybe (hopefully with mythical creatures)" meaning Camp Minnie-Mickey would become a European forests land. Sorry if i wasn't clear enough.

Yes i was going for a colosseum like area, but less theater like and more old destroyed castle-ish that would face a river and a forest.

The FOTLK show would go to africa and the characters would have to find new homes somewhere, either in a new camp minnie mickey somewhere or a new European version of their current meeting places

JungleTrekFan

Original Poster
Any ideas for a night version of Kali or Kilimanjaro? im thinking Kali would be easier to make it a night attraction, as long as the drop does not end in 3/4 of the raft being completely soaked. Easily just add rails to guide the boat gently back into the rapids that are raised at nights or even cold days.

Also any ideas for extending Kali, Everest, or even Dinosaur? (I personally wish Everest was longer.) Where and How would you extended it? Would there be another Yeti sighting, a new dinosaur AA, or even more Deforestation scenes?

Tip Top Club

My biggest dream for Animal Kingdom would be replacing CMM with South America. South America not only fit with animal kingdom, being able to bring in a jungle area, but would also bring in some great new character opportunities.

The new E-Ticket attraction would be a boat ride along the lines of what was originally proposed for Tiger River Run, but without the thrill aspect, merely a rafting experiance down the amazon, and hosted by everyone's favorite wilderness explorer, Russell from Disney-Pixar's UP. (With help from Dug and Carl of course). If they wanted a thrill aspect, you could bring in Kevin (the bird) and throw in a chase from Charles Muntz and his dogs. But for the most part the focus of the ride would be floating down a river through the jungle, and showcasing all sorts of different animals.

Another opportunity here would be to bring in the Indiana Jones franchise (perhaps not the Disneyland ride as it is so similar to Dinosaur) but some sort of Indiana Jones themed ride taking place in south america. Or maybe Mystic Ryhthms, or other concepts from Lost River Delta at Disneysea.

It would also be a great chance to expand the park's dining, with a the potential for food from south of the border.

Because there is limited space between CMM and Africa and the backstage areas to the West, this would be the South American Animal Exhibit area, a path connecting South America to Africa, but themed and featuring South American Animals (Similar to Pangani and Maharajah).

As part of this expansion, Festival of the Lion king would have to be moved up to Africa, and would be located behind Tusker House essentially, with access from the new Path leading to South America.

Mickey, Minnie, and the rest of the character greeting trails would be remodeled and moved to replace the cretacious trail in Dinoland USA...

...Because a new ride would be built replacing Primeval whirl a cartoonish edutainment style dark ride built by Chester and Hester showing off the history of Dinosaurs, what happened to them, and ultimately how they and their time period still effects life today.

Having these new additions would also open the door to expand operating hours, and eventually even add a night show. Rivers of light is a possibility, but at this point I would really like to see World of Color presuming that it's a hit at DCA (Which at this point, I am). The main viewing area would be located outside theater in the wild, a huge new tiered standing room area would be added, with infrastructure placed in the river. It wouldn't have to be exactly the same show (Althought let's face it, if it ever does make it to this coast it probably will be), but perhaps extra emphasis on the various nature segments.

At some point we all know that Disneynature will have to produce a new film to be shown in the tree of life theatre, perhaps even something 4-D with a live (or animatronic) host, and various in-theatre effects to emphasize the beauty and pure awesomeness of Planet Earth.

Tough to be a bug wouldn't have to go anywhere, but maybe become part of the Pixar Place Expansion, or even be relocated to replace the Pocahontas theatre in South America.

Just some Ideas.

ScorpionX

My biggest dream for Animal Kingdom would be replacing CMM with South America. South America not only fit with animal kingdom, being able to bring in a jungle area, but would also bring in some great new character opportunities.

The new E-Ticket attraction would be a boat ride along the lines of what was originally proposed for Tiger River Run, but without the thrill aspect, merely a rafting experiance down the amazon, and hosted by everyone's favorite wilderness explorer, Russell from Disney-Pixar's UP. (With help from Dug and Carl of course). If they wanted a thrill aspect, you could bring in Kevin (the bird) and throw in a chase from Charles Muntz and his dogs. But for the most part the focus of the ride would be floating down a river through the jungle, and showcasing all sorts of different animals.

Another opportunity here would be to bring in the Indiana Jones franchise (perhaps not the Disneyland ride as it is so similar to Dinosaur) but some sort of Indiana Jones themed ride taking place in south america. Or maybe Mystic Ryhthms, or other concepts from Lost River Delta at Disneysea.

It would also be a great chance to expand the park's dining, with a the potential for food from south of the border.

Because there is limited space between CMM and Africa and the backstage areas to the West, this would be the South American Animal Exhibit area, a path connecting South America to Africa, but themed and featuring South American Animals (Similar to Pangani and Maharajah).

As part of this expansion, Festival of the Lion king would have to be moved up to Africa, and would be located behind Tusker House essentially, with access from the new Path leading to South America.

Mickey, Minnie, and the rest of the character greeting trails would be remodeled and moved to replace the cretacious trail in Dinoland USA...

...Because a new ride would be built replacing Primeval whirl a cartoonish edutainment style dark ride built by Chester and Hester showing off the history of Dinosaurs, what happened to them, and ultimately how they and their time period still effects life today.

Having these new additions would also open the door to expand operating hours, and eventually even add a night show. Rivers of light is a possibility, but at this point I would really like to see World of Color presuming that it's a hit at DCA (Which at this point, I am). The main viewing area would be located outside theater in the wild, a huge new tiered standing room area would be added, with infrastructure placed in the river. It wouldn't have to be exactly the same show (Althought let's face it, if it ever does make it to this coast it probably will be), but perhaps extra emphasis on the various nature segments.

At some point we all know that Disneynature will have to produce a new film to be shown in the tree of life theatre, perhaps even something 4-D with a live (or animatronic) host, and various in-theatre effects to emphasize the beauty and pure awesomeness of Planet Earth.

Tough to be a bug wouldn't have to go anywhere, but maybe become part of the Pixar Place Expansion, or even be relocated to replace the Pocahontas theatre in South America.

Just some Ideas.

Those are all god ideas! For the ITTBAB replacement, Disney could put in a shortened version of DisneyNature's Earth.

What do you think?
:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom