Additional WDW Rumors

esauerh

Original Poster
I ran a search on the posts and didn't see these immediately, but these are new findings from this week.

MGM - If you don't care for Sorcerer Mickey's hat blocking the theatre for the Great Movie Ride...don't worry. Rumor is the Great Movie Ride will be getting a major rehab soon.

MK - There's been talk of PotC having a rehab and introducing elements from the movie. Also, there's still no word on when Haunted Mansion Holiday will be coming to WDW. It'll be in DL and Tokyo. Since Toyko's mansion is the same as WDW's, it's always possible.

Not a rumor, but something that really ticked me off a week ago. I was walking from Future World to World Showcase, and one of the photographer CMs asked a guest if they wanted to have their picture taken in front of "the Epcot ball". I came close to removing him from the park. :fork: :fork: :fork:

General Grizz

I am already not liking this PoTC thing. Keep the movie out of the original. . .

I'll throw in another bad Cast Member. One Cast Member (I believe a CP) was asked by a guest, "What is the Cranium Command?"

"Oh, it's some dumb kid's show," replied the Cast Member.

*sigh*

Disnut

General Grizz said:
I'll throw in another bad Cast Member. One Cast Member (I believe a CP) was asked by a guest, "What is the Cranium Command?"

*sigh*
Now that was just plain wrong.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
General Grizz said:

*sigh*

Terrible. Just terrible. :(

The PotC rumor just won't go away. Jim Hill says a Jack Sparrow animatronic will be in by the time the sequel is out in 2006. I wouldn't mind one animatronic or scene change either.....I'm not a fan of our version of PotC anyways.

And if they offered to give us a Elizabeth Swann animatronic....I better not see ANYONE say it isn't needed. :lol:

Lee

Adventurer
I'm all for a Jack Sparrow AA in Pirates.

WDW's version is so weak by comparison, a whole gang of film characters couldn't make it any worse. :rolleyes:

DopeyJas2004

esauerh said:
MK - There's been talk of PotC having a rehab and introducing elements from the movie.

I'm not one to make a fuss over something and I am not trying to start a fight but I think that would be stupid, not that the movie wasn't good but I don't think they should ruin the ride because of a movie, no matter how well it was made. Just a thought :( sorry if you don't agree but it's just my opinion :wave:

General Grizz

DopeyJas2004 said:
I'm not one to make a fuss over something and I am not trying to start a fight but I think that would be stupid, not that the movie wasn't good but I don't think they should ruin the ride because of a movie, no matter how well it was made. Just a thought :( sorry if you don't agree but it's just my opinion :wave:
I agree, and I own the movie - Disney's best live action in several years. . .

BigNorm

While I think a Jack Sparrow AA would be kinda cool, don't screw with a classic...just don't do it. It ain't right.

"We want the redhead! We want the redhead!" Not Jack Sparrow!

Bairstow

Walt worked on Pirates of the Caribbean? I thought the whole thing was mostly Marc Davis' creation.

The Florida attraction has always been a scaled-down, on the cheap version of the California original, and because it has since been neutered in the name of political correctness, and is in dire need of a digital controller overhaul anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing the whole thing redone. Maybe a robo-Depp would at last add a finale to this poor old ride.

Trainee031589

signerdreams said:
i hope they dont change PoTC! I love it the way it is! it's the last attraction walt worked on before he died.
I thought that was Haunted Masion???? Maybe I am wrong I am only 15 lol correct me if I am

Testtrack321

esauerh said:
I ran a search on the posts and didn't see these immediately, but these are new findings from this week.

MGM - If you don't care for Sorcerer Mickey's hat blocking the theatre for the Great Movie Ride...don't worry. Rumor is the Great Movie Ride will be getting a major rehab soon.

MK - There's been talk of PotC having a rehab and introducing elements from the movie. Also, there's still no word on when Haunted Mansion Holiday will be coming to WDW. It'll be in DL and Tokyo. Since Toyko's mansion is the same as WDW's, it's always possible.

Not a rumor, but something that really ticked me off a week ago. I was walking from Future World to World Showcase, and one of the photographer CMs asked a guest if they wanted to have their picture taken in front of "the Epcot ball". I came close to removing him from the park. :fork: :fork: :fork:

Sorry to inform you but these have been around the block a few times. Mabey it's just me, but still. Also, remeber that if the CM said "spaceship earth" many times people have no idea what they mean. Sometimes you have to dumb it down a bit for those "regular" people. :lol:

imamouse

esauerh said:
MGM - If you don't care for Sorcerer Mickey's hat blocking the theatre for the Great Movie Ride...don't worry. Rumor is the Great Movie Ride will be getting a major rehab soon.:

Why would they rehab TGMR again, so soon after it's recent rehab in 2003? To change the story line? I hope so, as I was expecting a change after it reopened in 2003, but I guess they just cleaned and serviced the attraction.

DarkMeasures

I wouldn't care if the AAs on Pirates were replaced with Chuckey Dolls. The reason for that is because of how poor the design of the WDW version is. Every other Pirates ride is better, something really needs to be done to make the WDW one better. I would hope for the Station and lift to be switched but that will never happen.

tigger248

General Grizz said:
I am already not liking this PoTC thing. Keep the movie out of the original. . .

*sigh*

Wow, that's just wrong! Even if you don't like the show, you shouldn't talk about it that way to a guest. :brick:

signerdreams said:
i hope they dont change PoTC! I love it the way it is! it's the last attraction walt worked on before he died.

I think that is among the last things Walt worked on. It wasn't finished yet when he died, but it was in the making. He only worked on the Disneyland version though, not the WDW version. There's a section about this on the POTC DVD. I'm not sure though if it's the only attraction he was working on when he died since WDW was in the developing stages/being built.

I loved the movie, but I too think it needs to stay away from the ride.

mrtoad

If they want to change PoTC by bringing up to the standards of the Disneyland one as everyone raves about it, that is fine. But keep the movie stuff out. That is bad, really bad. As good as the movie was it was not the same story as the attraction and would really be, well bad...

DarkMeasures

I should point out the the only WDW attraction Walt worked on himself was CoP. Also, the final attraction Walt Greenlit was Country Bear Jamboree.

General Grizz

DarkMeasures said:
Also, the final attraction Walt Greenlit was Country Bear Jamboree.

According to popular legend, the last time Walt Disney had a real laugh before he passed away was at a sketch that Marc Davis showed him of a bear playing an instrument.

This one became a reality on October 1st, 1971. . .:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom