Votes: 33 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • None. Let's build more shops, meet & greets, and shows

Votes: 10 5.4%

• Total voters

Epcot82Guy

Original Poster
So it seems the discussion of Epcot seems to get focused on FW guttings and rebuildings. So, my question is what pavilion would you like to see an attraction ADDED on? (i.e. no destruction of an attraction but merely the addition of one where empty space or soon-to-be empty space is like Global Neighborhood, WoL, etc.)

brkgnews

I'm pretty sure that it has only been mentioned by folks on these boards -- not even as a rumor but as a "gee, wouldn't it be nice if..." -- but I would LOVE to see a pavilion focusing on weather.

CAPTAIN HOOK

OK its "lets start another World Showcase pavillion thread" time :lol:
Personally, I'd like to see a new pavillion added from a new country (but not sure where)

gsimpson

Bring on Russia

I would like to see Russia. They are an important country in the world who has gone from being our dreaded enemy and (hopefully) moving toward being our friend. There are no former Soviet Republic countries. They have truely unique and inspiring architecture that would be a great addition. They have quite a few interesting cultural traits and events that would also add to the World Showcase.

CoffeeJedi

i think Japan needs a ride. they should turn over all development to a Japanese team, tell 'em to build whatever they want. I can't wait to go on "Crazy Happy Super-Fun Ride 7 G0!", robots and lazers, and animatronic schoolgirls in sailor outfits dancing with giant pieces of sushi! it might not be understandable, but it will be AWESOME! "Can't you see I'm serious?!?!?!?!?!"

Epcot82Guy

Original Poster
CAPTAIN HOOK said:
OK its "lets start another World Showcase pavillion thread" time :lol:
Personally, I'd like to see a new pavillion added from a new country (but not sure where)

Hey. It's been awhile. Figured if we could rekindle the dreaded HP name and monorails, why not something that might have a chance of actually happening! ;)

And also was kinda going for the add onto an existing pavilion, not build a new one concept, but I agree with some of the ideas, so whatever...

Epcot82Guy

Original Poster
MartyMouse said:
When was the last time World Showcase saw and update or expansion?

This all depends on how you define update or expansion. The last new pavilion was Norway back in 1989(?- I may be off a bit here, but it's going on 15 years).

There have been several "additions" though including:
The Outpost, the temporary facades near Germany for F&W, F&W itself, the new Reflections of China film, and various entertainment options. They also re-did the travel bureau at Morocco into The Tangerine Cafe and added the Tapestry Torches. And, of course, all the Illuminations incarnations. But, it has been a LONG time since an expansion.

Also, I would love to see Greece (or many other countries) represented. However, I would ask the character tie-ins be left to MK.

PaisleyMF

How about using the second floor of Imagination to use it as a place to "Imagenear That" so Imagenears can show the what if designs or current rides how were originaly concived and how they are.

A ride for Japan: How about a ride like Great Movie Ride, but thru Japan and Japanimation (anime) not the Mechas and stuff but the cute cultural things, and some girls in sailor suits. (jk)

Germany finally get them the ride that was plan and almost built PLEASE.

SSE: NOT an EXTREME MAKEOVER but a Overhault; let fix the track and omnimovers, audio and give them some new animatronics.

The Weather Pavilion! with a Epcot Original Storm Riders (Just imagine a "Clone" of Indy Ride system) inside some storms, (these cars can be used in water?) let take rides near a tornado (and not one like Universal) so you can feel the suction and a tropical storm (rain ponchos required).

Illuminations: Silver. an expecatucular display with a soundscore specially written for this celebration. Imagine a expecatular fireworks worked like the Wishes but all around Epcot pavilions and Spaceship Earth, Laser and video proyections in the new Water Barges (like the proyections in Fantasmic!) proyections in the SSE globe and the Earth Barge with new proyections and new light and pyro effects. Some of the music pieces to be played: One Little Spark, Golden Dream, Soarin Suite, Horizons Suite, and The Epcot Suite: A view of the Future and Discovery (Just make that one up)

A concert for Epcot: Let do something like Disneyland did in the Hollywood Bowl the fourth of July but in Epcot and bring to live some favorites like Little Spark, World of Motion, Reflections on Earth, Tapestry of Nations and so on in a Live concert with John Williams and The Boston Pops (or place any conductor / Symphony Orchestra here)

Leave a Legacy: Now that is done why not move the pictures and preserve them and show them and place a garden a new garden and fountain. LaL is nice but so steril so unhuman, so cold.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'd still like to see them use the Castle in the German section for the Rhine River Attraction that was to happen before it became a "once upon a dream thing". Other than that....Rehab UoE Big Time! I mean I don't really want to got to Epcot to see 2 attractions itself with Ellen Degeneres...Nemo's Living Seas and Ellen's Energy Adventure...what's next...ELLENCOT Center...*shutters*

SirGoofy

Imagination desperately needs something. It has been neglected for far too long, and it is the only nonseasonal pavillion that has extremely low attendance.

bgraham34

I would love to see Japan have a ride and I would love to see and underground chunnel built between England and France.

PaisleyMF

bgraham34 said:
I would love to see Japan have a ride and I would love to see and underground chunnel built between England and France.

That would be a Fun Rollercoaster "The Chunnel Experience" or dark ride. A ride system that you can board on either pavillion

Epcot82Guy

Original Poster
I like that idea! A smaller, "two-sided" underground coaster on one big track with two load stations. I don;t know if it would be physically possible given the space, but I think that's a great blue sky idea.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would love to see expansion all over the park.
1. World Showcase
Each country should have some type of "ride" attraction either thrill or dark.
Add more countries Russia, Australia etc
2. WOL
Just make a decision already. Rip it down or give it a Land style rehab I don't care but leaving it closed all but a few months a year is a travesty.
3. UOE and SE
Both are badly in need of a major sprucing up. The story lines don't really need to change but the attractions are badly in need of some TLC
4 LS
From what has been going around it looks like it is on the right track with the refurb taking place at the end of the year.
5. Imagination
The travesty that has taken place at this attraction is a close second behind WOL. As mentioned before open up the top section again and devote it to imagineering. Have models of attraction concepts let people have Q and A's with imagineers etc.

BRER STITCH

Cmdr_Crimson said:
I'd still like to see them use the Castle in the German section for the Rhine River Attraction that was to happen before it became a "once upon a dream thing".

My thoughts exactly!

You already have the building....LET US IN!

:brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom