Pre-Trip Actually, she's out at the market buying Pampers for all us kids.

Confused by the title of this Pre Trip Report? Good, you should be, lol! But fret, not. All will be explained.

Who: C minor (my niece) and myself.

IMG_20180710_095933.jpg

When: May 25-?

Where: Beach Club/ AKL

Why: Because we like you.

This trip was one of those family planned trips with several different members of our family going, but of course, like most big family trips, several us were clashing over certain aspects. It was originally my sisters family, my brothers family and little old me tagging along and crashing in someones room. Over the course of the last two months it has become just my sister and her family and I wound up getting my own room at BC.

This leads us to my title, which is a great example of my immature humor which often leads to my wife looking at me and asking, "did you eat paint chips as a baby?"

With the family drama, I decided to book a room but could only get a few days at BC, so i took it. Needing more days, I could only see a DVC opening at AKL . We have DVC but have already booked several trips for the rest of the year and used all our points. I messaged my good friend, @lostpro9het , who owns DVC, to ask if he had any points he could rent me. He said yes! The weeding will be set for a fall date and youre all invited....oh wait, a wedding would be in order when she "says yes". Oh well, sorry Sean, it would have been a beautiful wedding. We should probly still go shopping for China patterns and then get some beers at Cherry Street.

So after booking AKL, Jambo, Savana View, we commenced with several back and forth texts of paint chip eating humor and movie quotes, one of which is the title of this PTR. So there you have it. The big reveal of this ridiculous title. Extremely anticlimactic, but hey, Im trying here. Feel free to guess what movie, and no using Google!!!!

We are set to leave this Saturday! More updates to come. and here is another hint for the movie quote: "follow those size fives" .

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Knowing your love of mall food court pizza...I've got an idea.
I have a perfectly valid reason for my love of Mall food court pizza. It's a story that takes us back to the 1980's when I was a young boy and watched a certain movie that started off innocent enough...

51SHQ+T1ZwL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

But halfway into the movie, there was a scene at the pool that made quite an impression upon me...

51DXAA73VEL._AC_SY400_.jpg

The association was made at a young age and I naturally now have a strong love for Mall food court pizza...and red bikinnis..and Phoebe Cates...

NutsForFlorida

I have a perfectly valid reason for my love of Mall food court pizza. It's a story that takes us back to the 1980's when I was a young boy and watched a certain movie that started off innocent enough...

View attachment 377062

But halfway into the movie, there was a scene at the pool that made quite an impression upon me...

View attachment 377063

The association was made at a young age and I naturally now have a strong love for Mall food court pizza...and red bikinnis..and Phoebe Cates...

How about ordering pizza for delivery to your class?????

lostpro9het

View attachment 377062

View attachment 377063

This also explains your passion for Earth, Wind & Fire.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
We are back home from WDW. I didnt finish the live report of our last day because we were pretty busy the last half of the day and I figured it would be less sad for me to post that the trip is over once I got home, but then I could continue the report with a few more pics and stories! So dry those peeps and dont let the Disney blues set in, we have more reporting to do!!

After leaving Hollywood Studios we headed back to AKL but the room was not ready so we grabbed our bathing suits from our bags and hit the pool. Minor loves to see who can swim the farthest underwater so we played that game for awhile then I hopped out to grab a drink from the bar and get some sun.

Cheers from poolside! I had a High Stepper IPA (7%abv) and it was very good.

IMG_20190528_142131.jpg

Minor practiced her underwater hand stands

IMG_20190528_142101.jpg

And soon we got the room ready text and we dried off and hit the elevator.

IMG_20190528_144849.jpg

IMG_20190528_150141.jpg

Welcome Home!!!

We had a Savanna View and we could see Everest and the floating mountains of Pandora as well as the ugly building that houses FoP with absolutely no form of theme or even any attempt to camouflage it. Still a great view though.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
We showered up and hit the bus to MK. It was our last day and Epcot had EMH until 11 pm but Minor wanted to visit MK one more time and I needed a meet up with an O-Town Ambassador and we set the location for Poly, so it was a win-win. Minor agreed that we could zip it over to Epcot after MK.

We were able to get on 7DMT with not too bad of a wait.

440121741_857480483_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg

And I was able to get a FP for Buzz but it wasnt until 8 pm but I was able to use the refresh "hack" to get it down just within 40 minutes!

440157448_856685812_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg

Minor did much better this time around but not enough to win, lol.

IMG_20190528_182918.jpg

It was time to head over to Poly so we made our way out.

We stopped at a few of the shops to see if there was anything we wanted for souvenirs.

Minor found this pack with Marie on it and said that her Auntie C (who LOVES Marie) would want it. I explained to her that I am not allowed to buy any type of bag, purse, tote, etc for Auntie C unless she approves since Im a guy and we have no clue about bags and that way I dont waste money on something she wouldnt want. Minor said something to the effect of, "Im a girl and trust me, she will want this". We called C and sent a pic and she exclaimed right away that she loved it! Minor heard C squeaking in excitement and then tilted her head and gave me a look of, "I told you so".

We made our purchase and then hit the Monorail.

IMG_20190528_183554.jpg

We arrived at Poly a little early so I grabbed a drink at Tambooo while we waited.

IMG_20190528_191758.jpg

We were there to meet the one and only @blgauger who had snagged me the Figment magnet from the Arts Festival at Epcot a few months ago. Her and Dylan arrived soon after and we met on the outside patio for Trader Sams. We ordered a round of drinks and chatted for awhile about Disney, weddings, Florida, life, etc. After awhile, Minor became very persistent in reminding me of the time and that we needed to get back to the parks. She basically just kept putting her phone into my face so I could see what time it was. I think she realized that Brittney, Dylan and I could probly sit there and chat (and drink) the night away, so she took charge to get us back to the parks, lol. After we left I messaged B to say thanks again, and to laugh about the fact we didnt even get a picture together. Thanks for rushing us, Minor!!

Here is a pic of the magnet in case anybody was curious

Figment.jpg

C and her Mom were able to visit for the beginning of Flower and Garden Festival and wanted to go back for The Arts Festival but were not able to due to her moms condition (which has improved a bit since). Her mom loves to collect the magnets and was bummed she wasnt able to get this one, so I messaged B to ask her if she could possibly get one and she did! I really cant thank @blgauger enough as this will put such a big smile on C's moms face. I am actually headed to her place today to give it to her (she doesnt know I got it for her).

With C's moms condition, C is basically living with her to be able to take care of her and her moms ability to walk hasnt improved much without the use of a walker. She was able to use a scooter on their last trip but it wasnt easy, so any future trips will require the use of a wheel chair. We got a pretty sweet wheel chair for her that is lightweight and easy to handle but C isnt able to push it around a theme park all day so any of our future trips will be all three of us together We have 7 days booked for October and 6 so far for December but will be adding more (hopefully we can get to a full ten days). Both are at BWV so we are looking forward to them!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ya, we made sure she had a variety of shirts for this trip, haha. We actually saw a girl wearing a glow shirt and I had to make a few jokes.

Wait a minute. I was just thinking about what you wrote, and thought about an old expression, "what's good for the goose, is good for the gander". Hence, why is it that Minor is discouraged from wearing her glow shirts all the time, if you only wear white t-shirts all the time? Just sayin ... :p

blreinsel

We showered up and hit the bus to MK. It was our last day and Epcot had EMH until 11 pm but Minor wanted to visit MK one more time and I needed a meet up with an O-Town Ambassador and we set the location for Poly, so it was a win-win. Minor agreed that we could zip it over to Epcot after MK.

We were able to get on 7DMT with not too bad of a wait.

View attachment 377890

And I was able to get a FP for Buzz but it wasnt until 8 pm but I was able to use the refresh "hack" to get it down just within 40 minutes!

View attachment 377891

Minor did much better this time around but not enough to win, lol.

View attachment 377893

It was time to head over to Poly so we made our way out.

We stopped at a few of the shops to see if there was anything we wanted for souvenirs.

Minor found this ***** pack with Marie on it and said that her Auntie C (who LOVES Marie) would want it. I explained to her that I am not allowed to buy any type of bag, purse, tote, etc for Auntie C unless she approves since Im a guy and we have no clue about bags and that way I dont waste money on something she wouldnt want. Minor said something to the effect of, "Im a girl and trust me, she will want this". We called C and sent a pic and she exclaimed right away that she loved it! Minor heard C squeaking in excitement and then tilted her head and gave me a look of, "I told you so".

We made our purchase and then hit the Monorail.

View attachment 377895

We arrived at Poly a little early so I grabbed a drink at Tambooo while we waited.

View attachment 377897

We were there to meet the one and only @blgauger who had snagged me the Figment magnet from the Arts Festival at Epcot a few months ago. Her and Dylan arrived soon after and we met on the outside patio for Trader Sams. We ordered a round of drinks and chatted for awhile about Disney, weddings, Florida, life, etc. After awhile, Minor became very persistent in reminding me of the time and that we needed to get back to the parks. She basically just kept putting her phone into my face so I could see what time it was. I think she realized that Brittney, Dylan and I could probly sit there and chat (and drink) the night away, so she took charge to get us back to the parks, lol. After we left I messaged B to say thanks again, and to laugh about the fact we didnt even get a picture together. Thanks for rushing us, Minor!!

Here is a pic of the magnet in case anybody was curious

View attachment 377900

C and her Mom were able to visit for the beginning of Flower and Garden Festival and wanted to go back for The Arts Festival but were not able to due to her moms condition (which has improved a bit since). Her mom loves to collect the magnets and was bummed she wasnt able to get this one, so I messaged B to ask her if she could possibly get one and she did! I really cant thank @blgauger enough as this will put such a big smile on C's moms face. I am actually headed to her place today to give it to her (she doesnt know I got it for her).

With C's moms condition, C is basically living with her to be able to take care of her and her moms ability to walk hasnt improved much without the use of a walker. She was able to use a scooter on their last trip but it wasnt easy, so any future trips will require the use of a wheel chair. We got a pretty sweet wheel chair for her that is lightweight and easy to handle but C isnt able to push it around a theme park all day so any of our future trips will be all three of us together We have 7 days booked for October and 6 so far for December but will be adding more (hopefully we can get to a full ten days). Both are at BWV so we are looking forward to them!

So glad we were able to meet up and hopefully lots more are in our future! 😊🙃 It was also great to finally meet the famous Minor, even though we ruined her last ride on SM. 😂

Always happy to help a friend and I hope Figgy brought a huge smile to C’s mom’s face. 🙌🏼

slipperalwaysfits

I enjoy your trip reports and especially all the funny ride photos!

Thank you for the kind words, ma'am. She is the best niece ever. She deserves it.

So glad C Minor is doing well! I hope she has a wonderful year in school again (maybe she has another Disney trip to earn?)

we stopped at Crews Cup for some filet mignon burgers. We asked for extra mayo and the waitress said they were out. She had a snarky tone for some reason. I asked of there was anywhere else to get some and she said no. I just told her I would go over to Yachtsmens and ask them
I am very picky and can't eat a burger without mayo. I get CM's have rough days but I like how you responded to her. Because you know they have some somewhere.

Wait... I lost track of the beer count!

I lost count on Day 1!
If you don't loose count , then Im not doing it right

Also, just my two cents: we love the pizza at Via Napoli. Actually, almost everything I've eaten there has been fantastic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom