Activating Armed Forces Salute Tickets

SCB1012

Original Poster
Hi! Quick question-this is our first trip using Armed Forces Salute with children (4yo twins who have never been). We always used to go to the back EPCOT entrance to activate them bc it was never crowded. However, with 4yo twins, MK is the first place we'll go. Should we have the car stop at another park first to activate the tickets and then check in to GF and go to MK so everything is smooth? Or is there another place to activate that I'm missing?! Thank you!! Basically, I can't bring children who are so excited about Disney that they can't stand it to MK and tell them they have to wait an hour before they can go in bc of activating the tix.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Hi! Quick question-this is our first trip using Armed Forces Salute with children (4yo twins who have never been). We always used to go to the back EPCOT entrance to activate them bc it was never crowded. However, with 4yo twins, MK is the first place we'll go. Should we have the car stop at another park first to activate the tickets and then check in to GF and go to MK so everything is smooth? Or is there another place to activate that I'm missing?! Thank you!! Basically, I can't bring children who are so excited about Disney that they can't stand it to MK and tell them they have to wait an hour before they can go in bc of activating the tix.
There is a guest services building right before the entrance on the right. You can get them activated there. Just make sure you have your military ID with you.

castlecake2.0

You can do this at any Disney resort hotel front desk or the Welcome Center at Disney Springs :)

SCB1012

Original Poster
Could someone confirm that you can activate the Armed Forces Salute tickets at the front desk? We're staying at the Grand Floridian. Thanks!

rljackson

We used these tickets in February as we have many times before. However, we did not have to activate them at the front gate like we used to do before the My Disney Experience app. We simply entered the number on the back of the ticket into the My Disney Experience account for each person and they were ready to go. Enjoy your trip!

SCB1012

Original Poster
We used these tickets in February as we have many times before. However, we did not have to activate them at the front gate like we used to do before the My Disney Experience app. We simply entered the number on the back of the ticket into the My Disney Experience account for each person and they were ready to go. Enjoy your trip!
That's great to know. Did you purchase your tickets from a base? Ours are linked to everyone on MDE but we've always had to go to a ticket window (and have waited an hour or more at the MK guest services window ugh) to show proof of military status.

erstwo

Hi All - Reviving this thread because I have a couple questions - I'm taking my daughter and three friends (all around 16 years old) down to WDW in a few weeks. One of her friends is the daughter of an active duty service member and she will have a Military Salute ticket.
My first question is - Will this friend be able to add her ticket to the My Disney Experience App before we leave?
Second - She has her military dependent ID that she is bringing with her - will she be able to activate it without her father there with us?
Third - edited to delete third question
ETA - Fourth - I'm worried about park reservations - are there any black out dates for Military Salute tickets in 2022?

Last edited:

erstwo

The only black out days that I am aware of is anything after December 16, 2022.
Thank you!
———————
Now I’m Debating about deleting question #3 - I just don’t think it will be possible.
Mostly concerned that she can activate her own ticket / add it to the app & make park reservations ASAP.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Thank you!
———————
Now I’m Debating about deleting question #3 - I just don’t think it will be possible.
Mostly concerned that she can activate her own ticket / add it to the app & make park reservations ASAP.
This is what I was remembering and found.

• No more than six (6) Disney Military Salute Tickets may be purchased by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person's spouse). In addition, one (1) of the six (6) Tickets purchased must be used by the Eligible Service Member or his/her spouse.
Doesn't look good, even for the daughter. As a DoD employee, couldn't you buy them? You will be present. I know that DoD can no longer use the military tickets but you still get a good rate.

erstwo

This is what I was remembering and found.

• No more than six (6) Disney Military Salute Tickets may be purchased by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person's spouse). In addition, one (1) of the six (6) Tickets purchased must be used by the Eligible Service Member or his/her spouse.
Doesn't look good, even for the daughter. As a DoD employee, couldn't you buy them? You will be present. I know that DoD can no longer use the military tickets but you still get a good rate.
Yes. I went to the MWR today and went this route. I just don’t want to risk it. I’d rather pay the delta (military salute to DoD) than get there and have an unusable ticket.

I’ll leave the other questions on here (except for #3 - I just don’t think it’s possible) in case someone has an answer and can use the info later on. Thanks everyone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom