Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Hall of Fame Plaza - (permanently?) closed

FigmentJedi

I guess it was a mosaic I was thinking of.
disney_studio_painting.JPG

jt04

I believe there is an entrance or exit from the Hyperion theater under the sign which is probably why they haven't removed it yet, assuming the whole thing is being removed.

Guessing that if it isn't owned by Disney it is going away park wide. PS-- I am a big fan of this strategy. It will create a very coherent and immersive park. Opposite from the original version in most aspects. Win.

elchippo

Guessing that if it isn't owned by Disney it is going away park wide. PS-- I am a big fan of this strategy. It will create a very coherent and immersive park. Opposite from the original version in most aspects. Win.
I see your point....there is much less chance of things you love someday going away if Disney owns them. No licensing agreements to expire! Think how different things would be if LucasFilms was still just a licensing agreement. Of course, I say this all as Pandora gets closer to completion...

jt04

Personally do not object to the concept here but it's removal indicates a great new direction for the park. Very exciting.

The busts will be relocated and sounds like will still be available to the public. What will be interesting is the fate of the footprints. Preserved? Auctioned? Relocated? Destroyed?

Anyway, while time for a new chapter at DHS, Bob Newhart is still a comedic genius.

jt04

Food and Beverage? Is this confirmed? Seems random but would be interested if it brings new flavors to DHS. I find their food to be the worst among the parks.

Seems like yet another clue that the park is really moving away from its tv/movie/production theme. Hmm....

I think they will probably be adding standard walk up kiosks. Perhaps some tables. Hopefully SWL raises the bar for dining in the park.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Food and Beverage? Is this confirmed? Seems random but would be interested if it brings new flavors to DHS. I find their food to be the worst among the parks.

Seems like yet another clue that the park is really moving away from its tv/movie/production theme. Hmm....

According to the Orlando Sentinel article, it is confirmed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom