Abnormally Incorrect Posted Wait-Times

spacemtnfanatic

With the current WDW culture, change that should be made will not. Those that would make quality changes would never be promoted into positions where they could make said changes.

Br’er Rabbit

Last two times I went to Disney this past week I’ve seen grossly incorrect wait times. Bugs Life at Animal Kingdom was 75 minutes when it was a walk on and Pirates was posted at 50 when cast members outside said it would only be 10-15 minutes.

Br’er Rabbit

The people who do the wait times are stretched thin. All wait times for WDW AND DLR are controlled from the utilidors. It's a relatively small group of people doing a relatively big constant upkeep! Cut a little slack if wait times haven't been updated quickly yet!

The issue isn’t updated wait times but just completely absurd and incorrect wait times. At Animal Kingdom I saw Bug’s Life at a posted 75 minute wait time. That wasn’t a fault of not being updated or overestimating the wait time. It was straight up completely incorrect.

spacemtnfanatic

The issue isn’t updated wait times but just completely absurd and incorrect wait times. At Animal Kingdom I saw Bug’s Life at a posted 75 minute wait time. That wasn’t a fault of not being updated or overestimating the wait time. It was straight up completely incorrect.

Everyone keep defending why MM+ is so great... I’ll wait

RSoxNo1

Is it "modern" to use a system that's down half the time you need it?
No, and while downtime is a problem it's still a step in the right direction.

What's interesting on technology is that it needs to work well enough and consistent enough where it doesn't become inconvenient. Our threshold for convenience technology is a little lower than other areas. Think of voice activation tech on your phone or in a smart home, it's far from 100% consistent, but we still utilize it.

drizgirl

No, and while downtime is a problem it's still a step in the right direction.

What's interesting on technology is that it needs to work well enough and consistent enough where it doesn't become inconvenient. Our threshold for convenience technology is a little lower than other areas. Think of voice activation tech on your phone or in a smart home, it's far from 100% consistent, but we still utilize it.
Wrong. It's a terrible disservice to guests paying thousands of dollars for their vacations to jump into a system with such an inconsistent ability to stay up and running.

You seem to be saying that guests are willing to forego some expectation of consistent service for the novelty of a new tech toy. I can assure you I'd rather have a lower tech more consistently functioning system. It's beyond appalling how sad Disney's system is. I've never seen anything like it.

RSoxNo1

Wrong. It's a terrible disservice to guests paying thousands of dollars for their vacations to jump into a system with such an inconsistent ability to stay up and running.

You seem to be saying that guests are willing to forego some expectation of consistent service for the novelty of a new tech toy. I can assure you I'd rather have a lower tech more consistently functioning system. It's beyond appalling how sad Disney's system is. I've never seen anything like it.
How did I get into the position of defending MM+? I'm backing out now.

mikejs78

Premium Member
So what are the stats for down time? I'm curious - there's no such thing as an IT system that doesn't experience some downtime... Nowhere is up 100% of the time. With MM+, anecdotally it seems to be down more than most would find acceptable. I'll say I've never personally experienced it being down...

Anyone know the stats?

Smiley/OCD

I posted, what I thought, was a comment to support the OP's observation

I am a life-long visitor of WDW and former CM, so I'm well aware of how the system works. The fact I am narcissistic and think highly of myself is irrelevant

Those types of services are where I expect wait times to be longer than normal. I have zero tolerance for a wait time at WDW being incorrectly advertised because the two College Program Cast Members out front were too occupied gossiping with their bff to do their job.

I don't wait for anything over 20 minutes. So no, I wouldn't know the joys of experiencing the opposite wait time experience.

Remember that when your hero, Gaga is an hour late starting the concert from the posted time on your ticket.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

Well for one they didn't acknowledge me when I walked into the queue because they were too busy occupied with their best friend. It is a shame, there are so few CMs who are as invested in the Guest experience as I was. Alas, I don't want to derail the thread. So sorry I contributed evidence to prove the original post. I'll you "experts" (yeah freaking right) weigh in next time :hilarious::hilarious:
AND my DD just completed her stay in the CP, and from what she said, after working 12-15 hour shifts, she really didn't have time to converse with ANYONE, except for guests...I usually agree with a lot of your posts, but overall, I think WDW is better off NOT having you as a CM, because if you think so highly of yourself, you can't think very highly of the guests (which you're supposedly there for)...

J. D.

You're not my real Dad, you can't tell me what to do.
Actually...
20181119_182458.jpg

20181119_181930.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom