ABC Commissary to begin accepting reservations for dinner

tribbleorlfl

Our user satisfaction ratings for ABC Commissary are at 77%, significantly below average for WDW! (1,253 surveys past 12 months).

I'm not sure what problem this move is trying to address. A lack of sit-down options in the park?
I'm not surprised. We ate there a couple weeks back and it was, no joke, the worst meal I've ever had at WDW. It was so bad I went to Guest Services to complain (which I hardly ever do). I say this with all seriousness as a former chef, I would be embarrassed if I came up with that menu and my cooks served that food.

Jon81uk

If the future is going to be reservations for quick service I am just going to DL from now on.

Its not quick service in the evening, its fast casual. You still order at the counter but the food is brought to your table similar to Be Our Guest at lunch and D-Lux burger. It counts as a quick service dining plan credit (again same as Be Our Guest does at lunch).
I think adding reservations is just to give more options when people are trying to book tables before their trip, it also of course helps plan staffing levels etc if they know how popular something will be.

Club Cooloholic

Its not quick service in the evening, its fast casual. You still order at the counter but the food is brought to your table similar to Be Our Guest at lunch and D-Lux burger. It counts as a quick service dining plan credit (again same as Be Our Guest does at lunch).
I think adding reservations is just to give more options when people are trying to book tables before their trip, it also of course helps plan staffing levels etc if they know how popular something will be.
No i understand it, but justbsaying it is the start potentially of a trend

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Hollywood Studios is a tiny park that has 2 counter service restaurants (3 if pizzerizzo opens) and 3 sit down restaurants. Plus a to-go option in toy storyland.

Given the parks size, honestly, I think they’re fine until Star Wars opens. There’s always a place to sit in ABC and Backlot. I’ve never had a problem with food in HS.

bunnyman

ABC Commissary used to be our standby option if we couldn't get into a sit down restaurant, until the changed up the menu a couple of years ago. I used to like the small steak they had, which they removed from the menu with the last round of changes. Overall, they like every other dining location at WDW, they fell prey to the homogenization of the menus.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Overall, they like every other dining location at WDW, they fell prey to the homogenization of the menus.
Yeah totally. Completely homogeneous. [/sarc]

slow-roasted-sliced-grilled.jpg

DAKQSflametree.jpeg

bubbub746991.jpg

And that's within one park. There are lots of legitimate gripes about F&B at Walt Disney World, but "lack of QS variety" is such a silly one. If you're not eating a good variety at WDW, that's on you for ordering the wrong things.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

With this remodeling...Shouldn't the name change as well? Since it's not a "working studio" aspect they should rethink that Comissary vibe to it but still incorporate it to ABC due to the company's ownership.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
With this remodeling...Shouldn't the name change as well? Since it's not a "working studio" aspect they should rethink that Commissary vibe to it but still incorporate it to ABC due to the company's ownership.

At this point, almost all the attractions are putting you in the setting of a movie studios movie rather than peeling back the curtains to show you how movies are made.

However, outside the attractions, the setting is still Hollywood, the land where movies and TV are made. Since restaurants aren't attractions, they're (mostly) themed to being in the place where movies are made, i.e. Hollywood, which includes a studios commissary.

So, in short, you enter the land of Hollywood studios in which you can get transported into a movie itself.

Chadisa

I wonder what this does to Early Morning Magic as I believe ABC Commissary is where you get your bfast. We are doing that in May so that's top of mind for me lol.

MuteSuperstar

Maybe it's gotten better over the years (though by a lot of comments here I doubt it), but to me this was always the absolute worst quick service I had ever encountered on WDW property. Should be sponsored by Alpo. One would hope that if they have the gall to require reservations that the menu will be significantly revamped.

nicb88

ABC Commissary reopens with a new look

Have they removed the televisions that used to play commercials for ABC shows and such? I know it’s not an overly big deal but I used to enjoy grabbing a drink here when it wasn’t particularly hot and the TVs gave some entertainment to watch while I rehydrated! 🙂

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Have they removed the televisions that used to play commercials for ABC shows and such? I know it’s not an overly big deal but I used to enjoy grabbing a drink here when it wasn’t particularly hot and the TVs gave some entertainment to watch while I rehydrated! 🙂
yes they are gone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom