ABC Christmas Day Parade - 'Disney Parks Unforgettable Christmas Celebration' taping schedule

sandam1

In previous years, it runs at 5pm, which is why people were excited when they filmed it when it was sort of dark out.

Was this the schedule for every day of the taping? Our plan was to watch the parade on our departure day (Friday), but I'm wondering if I need to rearrange things.

sandam1

Wonderful! :banghead:

One more question - is there anything that happens that might effect the park pre-opening? We currently have 2 pre-opening reservations for BOG (one for Wednesday and one for Friday, although we may cancel the Friday one) and one of my "must-haves" for this trip is to take a bunch of pictures with the park empty. Am I losing that as well?

Rescue Ranger

Wow, wasn't expecting this. Will be there 7th-12th...leaving on the 13th.
Granted as of now, we only plan on attending the Xmas Party on the 10th. Other than that, one other day will be a park hopper probably on the 9th where if we do go to MK will only be at night when the other parks are closed. This is meant to be more of a resort/"relaxed" Disney getaway.

Curious though....I do NOT have my tickets for the party yet on the 10th. Was waiting close to the day to check weather. However with this now being announced, should I just be safe and buy my tickets now???

Last edited:

awilliams4

I look forward and enjoy watching this every year at Christmas. However, last year's was awful. I can't remember why I didn't like it now but I really didn't like it. Hoping they go back to whatever it was that I used to like about it.

The Tuna

kinda excited to be there, kinda not. if they just filmed a parade 4 days in a row and cut things together that would be good, but hanging out for 4 hours watching floats get backed up and rolled forward sounds like a whole lot of wasted time. I guess we'll see what it's like when the time comes.

joup7

I'm planning a trip on Veteran's Day as well and was going to hit Magic Kingdom in the morning. I've never used the Main Street bypass before. How do I get to it when I plan on leaving the park? I was going to leave sometime around 12-1 pm.

EUmickey

Can anyone advise: with this news announced and veterans day on the 11th are Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party gonna be selling out early for sure now for 10 / 12 / 13 that week or does this not affect the sales for these events really? Just wondering if they are gonna be sold out atleast a week before the event?

I mean Halloween doesn't seem to really sell this year (compared to Disneyland where the whole month is sold out) so should I not worry until close to the day?

Big Mac

The reason for the move could be that whoever is hosting this year or a particular act for the forecourt stage could not attend on the original dates, just a guess though!

As others have mentioned, a positive consequence of the earlier taping is the Main Street tree will be in position much earlier! Yeah!!

Tom

Beta Return
Watching the taping of the parade, performers and hosts is a cool experience for us techies/geeks/nerds. We just happened across the taping the morning we were flying home, and since the flight wasn't until evening, we just wandered into the MK and got ushered into the roped area.

We decided to hang around, but got hot and bored of the parade part, so we snuck out and did some rides. Then we went back to the hub when they were filming all of Samantha Brown's speaking parts, and Maria Menounos' too. We then were part of the crowd during the taping of Colby Calait's(?) performance.

I was just gawking at all the cameras and production gear. It was interesting to see how the production crew would coach the audience, explain the next camera angle, and hype everyone up. They'd film an entire run of the song with just the music, and other times with her singing, but not dancing, because the camera angles were either from behind her or on stage for those takes.

On Christmas morning we watched the show, and it was mindblowing to see how it was all spliced together. Nick and Maria talking to each other, when in actuality, they didn't even film on the same day. And all the intermingled shots of the live performance that made it seem like one seamless take. And lively parade floats behind Nick Cannon, when in actuality they just drove silently down the street with performers miming their parts, and music dubbed later.

If you have lots of time to kill and want to be part of a major television production (we actually saw ourselves on the show), I recommend stopping by.

If you were hoping to enjoy any time on Main Street, no such luck until after 5pm or so. They start at the crack of dawn and go until the shadows become obvious.

Mr.Nutz

I'm visiting from the UK and will be in MK on 11/11. I have no interest in seeing the taping and my wife has never been to WDW. How much will this screw up our day?

Big Mac

Watching the taping of the parade, performers and hosts is a cool experience for us techies/geeks/nerds. We just happened across the taping the morning we were flying home, and since the flight wasn't until evening, we just wandered into the MK and got ushered into the roped area.

We decided to hang around, but got hot and bored of the parade part, so we snuck out and did some rides. Then we went back to the hub when they were filming all of Samantha Brown's speaking parts, and Maria Menounos' too. We then were part of the crowd during the taping of Colby Calait's(?) performance.

I was just gawking at all the cameras and production gear. It was interesting to see how the production crew would coach the audience, explain the next camera angle, and hype everyone up. They'd film an entire run of the song with just the music, and other times with her singing, but not dancing, because the camera angles were either from behind her or on stage for those takes.

On Christmas morning we watched the show, and it was mindblowing to see how it was all spliced together. Nick and Maria talking to each other, when in actuality, they didn't even film on the same day. And all the intermingled shots of the live performance that made it seem like one seamless take. And lively parade floats behind Nick Cannon, when in actuality they just drove silently down the street with performers miming their parts, and music dubbed later.

If you have lots of time to kill and want to be part of a major television production (we actually saw ourselves on the show), I recommend stopping by.

If you were hoping to enjoy any time on Main Street, no such luck until after 5pm or so. They start at the crack of dawn and go until the shadows become obvious.
Thanks for sharing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom