Aaron Hernandez... Arrested

afar28

The thing I really don't get is how someone could do something like this at all, but he is a famous athlete with millions of dollars and now it seems as if his football career is over. He also has an 8 month old child and is engaged, about to get married.

rsoxguy

The thing I really don't get is how someone could do something like this at all, but he is a famous athlete with millions of dollars and now it seems as if his football career is over. He also has an 8 month old child and is engaged, about to get married.

You can call it sin/ignorance/paranoia/arrogance, or any other label. The fact is that we as humans are capable of evil deeds, and this guy seems as though he was leaning in this direction for some time. His money, love interest, and child were not enough to curb his tendencies, and he is now in a position to have ruined his entire life. Innocent until proven guilty, but opportunity never equals benefit unless someone's heart is right.

luv

It sounds like he had some serious mental illness that was never addressed. Therapy may not have helped, anyway, of course.

He has almost written the book on What Not To Do After You Murder Someone.

draybook

His career is over. Even if he pulls a Ray Lewis and beats the charges, nobody will sign him.

Here's my thoughts after reading all of the available information. I believe that he's involved in a drug ring and Lloyd either found out and turned informant or he was involved and turned after being pinched for something. Hernandez found out and that's why he said, "you can't trust anyone these days". Now what escapes me is why the murder was so sloppy. Casings left at the scene as well as one casing left in the rental car. It's like they wanted to get caught.

jw24

It's really appalling that so many of these athletes are just doing these crude, vile actions. Throughout this whole thing, there's not really much to say. Only the feeling of shock, disappointment, maybe anger or the feeling of betrayal in some cases.

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
It's really appalling that so many of these athletes are just doing these crude, vile actions. Throughout this whole thing, there's not really much to say. Only the feeling of shock, disappointment, maybe anger or the feeling of betrayal in some cases.

nah, I grew up in the "real" Boston... not the crap you see when you watch TV or are a tourist. The real neighborhoods of Boston, Fall River, Lawrence, Lowell, Worcester, Providence... etc, are hard places to live. Personally, I count my blessings. I know many people from my high school class who are either incarcerated or dead. I'm just lucky I had a mom and dad who beat my a** if I ever did anything wrong. It's really, really easy to find yourself on the wrong side of the dice.

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
the other thing, the victim (Odin Lloyd), likely not a boy scout himself..

live by the gun, die by the gun.

Nemo14

Hernandez is now being investigated for possible involvement in a double homicide now, with links to his present charges. Unreal!!!!

PUSH

Plus he had a guy from Florida come out and say that Hernandez shot him in the face. Doesn't sound good to me.

Nemo14

It's all over the news up here. Between him, the Boston bomber, and Whitey Bulger, the courts have been quite busy!

PUSH

Not that this stuff should ever happen, but it's kind of ironic that it happened during the NFL Rookie Symposium, where they learn how to behave and not get in trouble. Some rookies actually watched him being arrested live on TV. Hopefully this is a teaching tool, and someone will learn something from this.

PUSH

Have you recently found yourself with an Aaron Hernandez Patriots jersey and don't know what to do with it anymore? Did you purchase that jersey at the Patriots ProShop? Well, you're one lucky son of a gun. Why that, you're asking me? Well, the Patriots are offering a swap for jerseys... for free! That's right folks, the Patriots are offering to give you a jersey of comparative value in exchange for your useless Hernandez jersey!

The exchange is taking place on July 6-7 in the Patriots ProShop in Foxborough, MA or through the team's online shop.

They hope it's going to go over well with parents who have children who don't understand why they can't wear their Hernandez jerseys anymore.

The full report can be found here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ts-offer-fans-aaron-hernandez-jersey-exchange

Nemo14

Have you recently found yourself with an Aaron Hernandez Patriots jersey and don't know what to do with it anymore? Did you purchase that jersey at the Patriots ProShop? Well, you're one lucky son of a gun. Why that, you're asking me? Well, the Patriots are offering a swap for jerseys... for free! That's right folks, the Patriots are offering to give you a jersey of comparative value in exchange for your useless Hernandez jersey!

The exchange is taking place on July 6-7 in the Patriots ProShop in Foxborough, MA or through the team's online shop.

They hope it's going to go over well with parents who have children who don't understand why they can't wear their Hernandez jerseys anymore.

The full report can be found here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ts-offer-fans-aaron-hernandez-jersey-exchange

It will be interesting to see what the turnout will be for this. I'm not sure if people will keep them as a collector's item or just ditch them out of sheer repulsion for this whole horrific debacle.

jw24

I wonder how many even bought his jersey before this hoopla. Brady and Gronkowski's jerseys are top 15 sellers according to NFLShop.com. Then again, I do wonder, when I choose to spend money on a jersey, why do I choose a specific player over another.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom