Aahh...Never again

Michael72688

The thing is hopefully if I get a job at Universal I want to keep it and move up in the company into higher positions, so I think if you want something like that you are more willing to work hard at it, not like someone who just has a summer job.

speck76

Originally posted by Michael72688
The thing is hopefully if I get a job at Universal I want to keep it and move up in the company into higher positions, so I think if you want something like that you are more willing to work hard at it, not like someone who just has a summer job.

I hope when you get all high in the Universal organization you remember us little people on WDWMagic:D

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
getting into Universal management is nowhere near as hard as getting into WDW management. I know people that have been there for less than 90 days hired hourly that by the end of their 90 days have been management/supervising positions.

that being said, it isn't common, but more common than you'd see at Disney.

Had I stayed with Universal, I probably would be in management by now, but it wasn't for me. Disney has 1 advantage that Universal does not (for my field in the parks)... job stability. I knew that Universal Entertainers/Management would go in every day, not knowing if they'd have their job by the end of the day.

So there... I've highlighted the ups and downs.. have fun

Michael72688

Originally posted by mkt
getting into Universal management is nowhere near as hard as getting into WDW management. I know people that have been there for less than 90 days hired hourly that by the end of their 90 days have been management/supervising positions.

that being said, it isn't common, but more common than you'd see at Disney.

Had I stayed with Universal, I probably would be in management by now, but it wasn't for me. Disney has 1 advantage that Universal does not (for my field in the parks)... job stability. I knew that Universal Entertainers/Management would go in every day, not knowing if they'd have their job by the end of the day.

So there... I've highlighted the ups and downs.. have fun

well what about overall theme park management, or attractions stuff like that, is there better job stability or not

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
job stability at Universal outside of entertainment is better than Disneys in recent years. I know when Disney did their layoffs, Universal got a LOT of good people

Lexxweb

Well I certainly don't think the rides are to far apart. Journey To Atlantis and Kraken have their entrances right next to eachother, Shamu is put in that section of the park because there is that giant Shamu Happy Harbor area If you get off The Shamu Adventure looking for a ride there is the wild arctic!

I think all the rides are close to eachother....sorry but I happen to dis-agree with you...

EmeraldDolphin

Our family has always enjoyed Sea World. I agree that it's a nice middle of the week break, a relaxing kind of day. If you're not in to animals, then of course it wouldn't appeal to you. I LOVE Dolphins... so I always enjoy talking with the trainers, and have never had a Sea World employee be rude to me. I also loved riding The Kraken... we rode 4x in a row, without a wait. The themeing for the rides aren't any where near those in WDW... but I think that comparing Sea World to Disney World, is like comparing apples to oranges... two different things.

Lexxweb

^Or like comparing a burger to a sub. Stupid subway commercials compare subway subs to a mcdonalds hamburger! THEIR DIFFERENT! Stupid Subway!

Anyways back on topic, I was goin through some of my old disney videos and got a 5 second clip of the seaworld dolphin cove, however I taped over it :(

I had TONS of seaworld pics. I have to find them!

BTW - I am in the worst of moods right now, just found out Im going to Orlando this weekend and doing Disney and Universal, but my mom has never been to SeaWrold and no matter what I say she thinks its a GIANT aquarium! All it takes is once, just once to get her in that park and she will love it!

I have a great dog walking job that pays 10 bucks a day, so Withing a month \I should have money to buy my mom and I some passes to SeaWorld (behind her back, maybe buy them when I go with my dad) and walk up to her one day and say "Suprise Suprise!"

Ah, SeaWorld what a FANTASTIC Park!

Number_6

I totally love Disney, but I have never had a problem at SeaWorld when I have gone. I actually went back in February and did the Adventure Express Tour which provides you with reserved seating for the shows and skips you to the front of the line on the rides. Lunch is included as well and you have reserved seating in the place that you get your lunch at(the sort of cafeteria style place that has the two beer bars. Get two free beers with your lunch if you are a beer drinker.) Also got to feed the dolphins, stingrays and sea lions as well. Oh, and get to go backstage and pet one of the penguins(word of advice if you do this: Don't stand directly behind a penguin). Anyway, all I know is that I have always had a great experience there, and I'm sorry if anyone has not since I know how a bad experience or three can really ruin an otherwise fun time.

Figment1986

Whats wrong with SWO... I have a AP (Family Pass) to the park and BGT...

I never had bad service at SWO.. though BGT is a different topic... security evil
:devil:

Sure their arn't many rides, but they have great shows and it is also educational... Who can forget their 2 signiture rides... JTA.. (Different from the newer San Diago counterpart) and Kraken....

Then their is the simulator to get into wild Artic...

Needs better food

In Oct. 2002 when I was there I liked Seaworld's rides and attractions. I was not abused by any of their employees. I thought the park was a little to spread out, but I needed the excercise anyway. The free beer was great. The shows were good, I like the one with the seal the best. The food was not very good at all. Of course I did not eat at their fancy restaurant, but the quick service food was sub-par. My burger tasted like a hockey puck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom