Aahh...Never again

mandib

Original Poster
Am I the only one who hates Sea World? This trip we finally went there, what a waste. Maybe it's just me but we were there from 10-4 and did just about nothing because of the FAR FAR distances between attractions. Not only were the shows um boring but the rides were ehh. Sure Shamu was cool but waiting 20 min before the show started was surely not worth it. The sea lion and otter show went horrible wrong the whole time. Yes, I understand they're animals but you would think they would be just a bit more responsive to their trainers. Also most of the exhibits I could do at Brookfield Zoo. They have fish, sharks, and bears what else was there at Sea World. Never again will I go there unless something drastically changes. The only decent part of the day was the Shamu dinner, that was fun I suppose but the childrens menu was so much better than the adults. The best part of the day was leaving. Does anyone else feel this way?

xfkirsten

Sorry you had a bad time! I work at the SW here in San Diego, and I agree - there's way too much spreading out at the park in Orlando, especially having to walk all the way out and around the waterski lagoon to get to Shamu Stadium.

And yes, animals are unpredictable - I've seen some pretty horrid shows when they don't cooperate, but luckily that tends to be the vast minority of shows.

As for the rides - I agree, they're pretty so-so compared to Disney's. However as I was personally told by the GM of our park last week, SeaWorld's focus is not on rides.

You are lucky enough to live by Brookfield (an excellent zoo!) but many people do not have the opportunity to see animal exhibits like that easily. But everyone is entitled to theiir own opinion. :)

-Kirsten

AndyP

I've walways had a great time at SW, Kraken and Journey to ATlantis are great rides, and the shows are great, I've never seen the animals mess around or be unresponsive more more than a second, they are excellent, its a good laugh, and a nice day for chilling out while still having a good time, in my opinion anyway!

speck76

Sea World in Orlando is quite nice. If you go there looking for a thrill-a-minute amusement park, you will be disappointed, so look someplace else. If you go there to see the animals, and have a nice relaxing good time, you should enjoy it. IMO the large spaces between attractions really helps the park out...it makes it more peaceful. Also, what is wrong with having to wait 20 minutes to see a show....that is no different than having to stand in line for (well over) 20 minutes for a ride.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I happen to like Sea World, but I don't visit often (use to have the Fun Card, but haven't been in two years). Journey To Atlantis is a lot of fun, but I think Kraken is overrated. The Wild Arctic simulator is just plain boring, but the post-show is cool. The Shamu Adventure show happens to be one of my favorite theme park shows (well, nowhere near as good as Aladdin or Festival of the Lion King, but still a great show).

Just as everyone's been saying, Sea World doesn't focus on rides, but rather animals. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience though, but you should try it again sometime. :)

(If you're ever out in Texas, I'd suggest trying Sea World San Antonio if you'd like more rides---they've got three coasters, a rapids ride, and a log flume)

mandib

Original Poster
The more I think about it the more I realize I was probably expecting way too much. I have high expectations coming right from Disney I can't help myself. lol I think another thing was the hot weather, I think it was 94 that day. Not the best park to do because there's just about no air conditioning. Well when we do Discovery Cove again we get 7 days to Sea World so maybe we'll use one. About the rides I mean I'm 15 looking at animals doesn't interest me that much and when I do want to thats what the zoos for. I never realized how spoiled I was to have the zoo so close, not even 5 min. Well I'm glad I'm not the only one though who thinks its so spread out. Their maps confused me to but I'll use the blonde excuse on that one. Journey to Atlantis was fun expect for the fact their were 3 girls probably my age infront of us who screamed throughout the WHOLE ride. How annoying. You couldn't hear anything. Well maybe some other time down the road it'll be better. I think I'll try Busch Gardens before that though. :)

speck76

I like SeaWorld, but I LOVE Busch Gardens.

Also SeaWorld always seems much hotter than the other parks (although DAK always seems hot too). Best to go to SeaWorld on a day that is not so hot, or that is hot but not sunny.

aimster

I haven't been to a Sea World park in almost 20 years. But I remember enjoying my visits when I was a kid. I think my mom still has a pic from way back int he late 70's or early 80's of me in front of this HUGE Hawaiian Punch display/show thing they used to have there. Does anyone remembert that?

Michael72688

See, I think Sea World is a lot of fun, more fun the Epcot probably ever will be. Although it only has two real rides, they are both incredible, the park itself is very nice, I could just walk around and not get bored. The shows are great, and now with the Waterfront there is a lot more to see and do. Sorry but I think your way off about Sea World

AndyP

Originally posted by Michael72688
See, I think Sea World is a lot of fun, more fun the Epcot probably ever will be. Although it only has two real rides, they are both incredible, the park itself is very nice, I could just walk around and not get bored. The shows are great, and now with the Waterfront there is a lot more to see and do. Sorry but I think your way off about Sea World

I dont know about The EPCOT thing, because the parks are too different, but i agree, the rides are excellent, and so are the shows, Shamu, dolphins, Clyde and Seamore and then fireworks, animal show, and the waterfront, and thats just some of it, enough to keep you occupied and fun too! (I could ride Kraken and Atlantis all day anway even if the shows weren't there!)

Michael72688

Originally posted by AndyP
I dont know about The EPCOT thing, because the parks are too different, but i agree, the rides are excellent, and so are the shows, Shamu, dolphins, Clyde and Seamore and then fireworks, animal show, and the waterfront, and thats just some of it, enough to keep you occupied and fun too! (I could ride Kraken and Atlantis all day anway even if the shows weren't there!)

yea, there was one time I was there with some friends I rode Kraken 9 times in a row, the only reason I stopped was cause I was hungry, it is so awesome!

AndyP

Originally posted by Michael72688
yea, there was one time I was there with some friends I rode Kraken 9 times in a row, the only reason I stopped was cause I was hungry, it is so awesome!

Yeah, is very re-rideable. I think it is somewhat underated because its at Seaworld. I don't think some of the other coasters are worth riding over and over again, such as Rock N' Roller, great ride yes, 2, 3 even 4 times yes, but after that, 2 loops, come on! Kraken just has 'it'!

dixiegirl

yeah it's pretty boring we went last year and well you could do the whole place in an hour, i felt like i was cheating on the mouse , hay if it was up to me i'd be at magic kindom and no place else my whole trip!!!

Michael72688

There is no way you did that place in an hour, you must have ran through, skipped everyshow, and most everything else. If you walk at a normal pace it probably takes over an hour just to walk around the park

dixiegirl

i did'nt say i did that place last year in an hour , please we were there allllllll day!!!!. i said if it were up to me i'd have done that place in an hour!!

Michael72688

ok, that makes more sense, Sea World is a huge park and is very worthy of one day, if not two, personally if I didn't live here and I came here, I would only do a half day at Epcot, and do a day and a half at Sea World

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
most Sea World employees I've had the fortune :rolleyes: of dealing with have been fairly rude to me, and I don't appreciate it. I know that Anheuser-Busch is a Brewery and not a hospitality company, but damn! If you're gonna venture into a business that differs from your core business, then at least do it right and give the current standing companies a run for their money.

Not even the free beer is enough to get me back there for more than the 1-2 hours it takes me to park, ride kraken, and leave.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom