AAA worth it for the discounts?

rob0519

We've never used them for a Disney vacation , but this is what is currently on the member website. You may want to call your local AAA office and see if there are any additional offerings.

Walt Disney World® Resort
Come experience a whole world made of magical wishes when you visit Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida. Enjoy four theme parks (Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney’s Hollywood Studios® and Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Park), two water parks (Disney’s Blizzard Beach and Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon), 23 hotels and more. Plus, AAA Members get special benefits you won’t find anywhere else. Let our Authorized Disney Planners help you make the most of your Disney vacation.

Member Benefits:
  • AAA Disney Magic Moments® Savings — Up to 25% off the room portion on selected packages and dates
  • 200 Disney Dollars (per room) when you book 7 nights or more at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel
AAA Vacations® Package Benefits:
  • AAA Vacations® Diamond Card — Provides special savings and values throughout the Resort
  • AAA Diamond Parking — Preferred parking at all four Theme Parks
  • AAA Vacations® Luggage Tags — One per person
  • AAA Vacations® Hertz® Car Rental — Benefits for AAA Members

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I am agreeing with Englanddg, AAA Is great for other items with your vehicle that have nothing to do with Disney. If Disney is running a special discount offer for your date range, you cannot combine this with any discounts from AAA and normally, the Disney discounts are much better. In general I have not found any reason to ever use their discount over one I could get from Disney themselves. Hope this is helpful! Marie

Upvote 0

Pony

To me, AAA has been more than worth it. We always seem to pick a time to travel that does not have any Disney Discounts to apply (room reservation only is what we get), so the cost of the AAA membership, $71.00, has saved us thousands over the years (plus discounts on rental cars, free car unlocking, etc.). If Disney offers a better discount after you book, I have always been able to change it to the better savings. The THV were not offered in this summers 30-35% off, but we saved 25% having AAA, which will almost pay for the costs of tickets for six. I always book with Disney reservations directly myself.

Upvote 0

rt06

Would enrolling in AAA be worth it for the discount at Disney World? What kind of AAA discounts are available?

I have AAA. Haven't had the need to use it for Disney World. The current summer deal is identical to the one on the Disney site. They don't quote WDW vacations on the AAA site, which is an annoyance to me in the age of instant information.

I've explored a lot of different avenues to save every penny on a Disney vacation, and dealing directly with the mouse has always proven more beneficial.

I've also had very positive experiences with cast members over the phone so I know that should a problem arise, they'll work with me to resolve it.

For Disney, and Disney alone, I say no to AAA.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

AAA is good to have no matter what. As for booking a vaca with them, the perks are nice especially the parking stub you get that lets you park in their special lot, BUT...there are some things you may care not to deal with. If you want to make any changes or find that Disney has released a better deal after you have booked you have to go through the AAA agent you booked with. This means room requests et all are dependent on that agent making them for you, you can't call Disney direct and have them make them. This is not a problem if the agent is good and responsive but I have found that it is hard to find good agents there, I once had one that just ignored me for two weeks and I finally had to get their supervisor to help me make a change to my stay. So if you can get an agent recommended I say go for it, or if you not a control freak with your planning go for it.

Upvote 0

CtDisneyGuy33

I agree with everyone else, AAA is worth it but not simply on the Disney side. I use AAA for hotels and trips other than Disney, have used it for car issues and I have used the Diamond parking a couple times. They have discounts all over the place, but many you need to speak up about.

Its not overly expensive, so I usually recommend everyone get it.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

AAA usually has what is almost a year round discount that their members can get when you book a room. This doesn't need to be done through AAA, simply asking for the AAA member discount when calling CRO is sufficient. However, this is usually only 5-10% off, well below what the other discounts end up being. However, if it is a popular room category or time, there may not be other discounts available.

The other things mentioned are kinda meh in my opinion, and typically require you to book with AAA directly. The "Diamond" parking isn't terrible, but some of the parks there is other closer parking, and if you aren't driving to the parks, its a non issue. At times they do offer special character M&G's or the like, but I have no idea if they are offering any right now. I don't know if any of them are worth it. Many of the AAA TAs are general knowledge TAs, and have as much WDW knowledge as they do about Rome or London. So they may not know how important it is to call for CRT at 180+10, and usually won't try to rebook your trip to take advantage of any other/better discounts that may get released.

That said, I am a AAA member and have been since I got my license. The other discounts are usually helpful, and I have recouped my membership costs through a few tows, jumps, and car unlockings.

Upvote 0

Potter

We stayed offsite but purchased our tickets from them and saved $35 (7 tickets @ $5 each) and got Diamond Parking so that alone help offset the initial cost to join.

Upvote 0

Nikkila

Original Poster
I work for a GM dealership, so what they offer for my vehicle is enough that AAA is not necessary. But I thought I read that it was $52 for a year. I was hoping there was a super secret AAA discount that I didnt know about. :9

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

AAA is best for other discounts. For example, I am an avid payless shoe shopper and just recently found out AAA get a major discount on top of already sale priced items. The hotel discounts are great but I have never had a hotel ask to see my card in 10 years. But the peace of mind of being safe during my road travels is worth the cost.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom