AAA travelers checks?

rocketscientist

I had another quick question that I was wondering if people may know the answer to. I'm leaving for Disney in a week and a half, and we got some AAA travelers checks. I haven't been since I've been a kid, but I remember my parents using these.

Does anyone know what types of places in Disney World would take these? I assume not cart vendors and such, but the souvenier stores and larger restaurants? Would they? Also would the counter service eateries take them? Thanks-so-much!

Disneysue

In the Parks
No
Tips from a Banker

Travelers checks are on their way out they are too easy to counterfiet. By using y outr ATM check card (the atm card with the visa or mc logo) you are covered under a Federal Regulation that requires banks to give you provisional credit when you report it lost. Any good bank will go out of their way to over night you a new card when your traveling. Have not heard of one who wouldnt want their customer to be stranded.

As far as "replacing travelers checks when lost or stolen" you need to keep the copies with you that have the numbers on them in order to report them stolen. THEN it can take up to 30 days (60 days on some brands) for a resolution. Reporting them lost or stolen does not mean you will get reimbursed quickly.

As far as foreign currency exchange with a credit/debit card, your bank normally will not charge you, IF you get a charge, its from the merchant. So just ask before you buy. I do know that some of the bigger banks will charge, but even then if you call and complain, they will most likely reverse the fees for you if you dont make a habbit out of complaining about fees.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom