AAA or the disney website cheaper?

fam

Looking for a mid august trip and in the past ive always booked on the disney site because it seems like you have a direct path to communication with disney...however there's nothing going on in terms of "deals" whatsoever.

My wife has a AAA account, will there be any savings that are relevant not to book straight through disney?

Was looking at 7 or 8 days at pop or AoA, park hopper, +dining.

Anyone have an idea of what AAA can do vs disney direct?

Poofiesdream

AAA adds some perks, like priority parking, special viewing spot for wishes. I have never found their prices to be any cheaper than anywhere else for the resorts. Buying your tickets there can be a few dollars cheaper though. When doing a room only I have called Disney and had them give me the AAA rate, booking threw them.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
AAA has a minor discount (roughly 10%) that seems to cover almost every resort for almost every day of the year. It is what I refer to as a "better than nothing" discount. Disney promotions almost always beet the AAA discount. You can book this AAA rate for a room only directly through Disney, but for the package you are talking about you will have to go through AAA.

The only problem with that is if and when a Disney promotion comes out, AAA will not automatically switch you to the better deal. You will have to keep track of Disney's promotions and call them and have them switch you. That is not too big of a deal most of the time, but my personal experiences with AAA TAs and their level of customer service has been less than ideal. If you have a good AAA agent, you should be fine. If you don't, be prepared for a lot of work on your end and possibly re-booking the reservation yourself and canceling with AAA.

Upvote 0

fam

Original Poster
thanks...ive emailed them to see what they can do. If total saving are under 100 dollars I think I will stick with the direct disney route...but money talks so I'll keep everyone informed of what they can do vs Disney.

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

use a Kingdom Konsultant team member... no cost to you and they really search for the best deal for you. I thought I'd never use an agent before, then I decided I was busy at work and why not have someone else look for the best deal. Loaded with my AAA, AP, and the general discount I think my agent rebooked my trip like twice to get a better deal. I simply would NOT have been diligent enough to keep track of the deals, especially since we booked so far out. She's handling my trip next month as well, they are awesome... and again, NO cost to me which is nice because I can be cheap lol.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Check with everybody for the best deal AAA Kingdom Konsultant and Disney even if you hold off booking a room you can book ADR"S at 180 days you just might have to do them 1 at a time. Good luck saving money! I'm lucky my AAA office has Disney fans who work there and are very good!

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Didnt know I could book ADR's without booking a trip yet thats good to know...now I told feel so rushed with the 180 days approaching in just a few days.
Get the calandar figure out where you are eating and call in your ADR"S the computer system is glitchy!! Call at exactly 7am eastern BOG and Cindy's and a few others are filling up within minutes for some days!! You will have to call each day if you haven't booked your room yet but doing so is worth it. Good Luck and happy planning!!

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

Didnt know I could book ADR's without booking a trip yet thats good to know...now I told feel so rushed with the 180 days approaching in just a few days.

but only 180 days out for a single day (ie. you'd have to make one a day for your trip) and not the 180 + however many days they allow you when you have a confirmed room.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

Get the calandar figure out where you are eating and call in your ADR"S the computer system is glitchy!! Call at exactly 7am eastern BOG and Cindy's and a few others are filling up within minutes for some days!! You will have to call each day if you haven't booked your room yet but doing so is worth it. Good Luck and happy planning!!
It was weird that I could get all the adr's I wanted at 56 days out. Places I usually spend weeks watching to get, were easy to get and with two time choices. I made hardcopies to take with me just in case it's the site. Even last night, I could get Crystal Palace with no trouble at all during Easter week. This is kind of scary.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

very odd...

direct through disney (8 day 7 night, art of animation std room, park hopper, dining, 2 adults+5,8 year old)

AAA was 3389.96 exactly $20 more.

Some AAA agents/agencies will not check to see if the AAA rate was available for your resort and dates. The $20 may be a fee specific to that office. I'd ask.

What dates of travel?

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Looking for a mid august trip and in the past ive always booked on the disney site because it seems like you have a direct path to communication with disney...however there's nothing going on in terms of "deals" whatsoever.

My wife has a AAA account, will there be any savings that are relevant not to book straight through disney?

Was looking at 7 or 8 days at pop or AoA, park hopper, +dining.

Anyone have an idea of what AAA can do vs disney direct?

I can't speak to package prices and I don't know from previous trips as we too always booked through Disney but always with a deal (free dining, etc). However, for a room only booking that I did last night for next week for one night at the Beach Club, we saved over $100 booking with AAA on a lagoon view room.

Upvote 0

I_heart_Tigger

Some AAA agents/agencies will not check to see if the AAA rate was available for your resort and dates. The $20 may be a fee specific to that office. I'd ask.

What dates of travel?

Likely the AAA discount was not as good as the Disney one and AAA charged a service fee for using them. I know CAA always charges a service fee. Use a travel agent who does not charge a service fee and is a Disney expert - have them do all the work including booking your ADR's and you just worry about what you're going to pack.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom