AAA discount?

wannabeBelle

tigsmom said:
Call your local AAA office and ask. Its usually not much though, you might do better calling Pam of Kingdom Konsultants. She is a sponser and member here. She can work wonders.

http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com/
Yeah What TigsMom said!!! Seriously though it is like 10-15% depending on the time of year and level of the resort. Pam may be able to find you a better deal and if AAA is the best for your group at the time of the year that you want to go and with the resort you want, she can book it for you applying the AAA discount so it is a win-win situation!!! Belle

Upvote 0

daveemtdave

I can answer a resounding yes -- we saved almost $200 on our up-coming trip -- AAA will book it for you through your local office - must be paid in full 45 days before arriving.

Upvote 0

DanStat

We like AAA, and they usually save us some money. Plus, you get the AAA lounge, and a discount at Downtown Disney (when you book a package). The room/package discount is usually 10-15%.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Let me add...

There is not a set discount per say, but a discount marketing offer. What that means is there is a limited number of rooms available with this discount offer at each resort on each date in the offer period.

The current AAA marketing offer is for travel dates 1/5/05 through 12/19/05 based on availability. The discount is either 10% or 15% off rack rate depending on your travel dates, resort hotel, and room catagory. Suites and Grand Villas are never discounted.

You don't need a code but be sure to ask for a AAA discount in the begining of the call before you get a price quote. This way if your requested resort is not available with the discount the system will return for us what resorts are available.

Also be sure to have your current AAA card with you when you call as we are required to note your full membership number in the reservation notes. (Yes, I know that many agents don't ask for it, but we are suppose to :lookaroun )

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

daveemtdave

The one thing I love about AAA is I can walk into my office, speak personally to a person I can see and give them my deposit, payment, etc - get a receipt and I am not giving credit card information to a stranger. I make my check out to AAA and they are responsible at that point. Please understand, I am not saying Pam or any other agent would be dishonest - however, I gave my credit card to Disney reservations last year and I ended up with charges I never authorized. They were reversed, but not after much hassle. Also, I will not give any credit card or bank information on the computer or over the phone.

Upvote 0

parker kim

We have a room for the corando springs for June useing AAA discount has a rate of 126.00 a night. over our 7 night it added up to a 180.00 difference. Because your tax is based on 126.00 not the reg. 149. Any little bit helps. We book directly through disney.1407wdisney.

Upvote 0

Theresonly1

I also saved about $200.00 on our trip in may...very good and personal service. Plus you don't have to pay for the Long Distance phone call :) Would definately use again!

Upvote 0

Ellajoan

Original Poster
parker kim said:
We have a room for the corando springs for June useing AAA discount has a rate of 126.00 a night. over our 7 night it added up to a 180.00 difference. Because your tax is based on 126.00 not the reg. 149. Any little bit helps. We book directly through disney.1407wdisney.

Did you book a package or just room only? I think I'd probably just book room only.

Upvote 0

ditzeechick02

Well let me get on my soap box- AAA is awesome... not only because my mom works for them... but because they offer you so many benefits. Towing services, they are the number one Diseny Vacation booker (if that makes sense) ;) Go ahead and get the AAA motorclub just because even if it doesn't save you money on your Disney vacation... it saves you a lot at other places such as restaurants(pizza hut and more) and hotels and etc. Good luck and have fun!

Upvote 0

parker kim

We booked a room only we still have days from our last trip left.These rooms are limited thay told me, but I had to change my week back in early feb. and had no problem then with still getting the AAA rate. Some times if a operater tells you there are no more rooms for that week or that resort which happened to use the first time a called in early Jan. He said the only AAA rate rooms left were the suit room at the corando springs which we did not want. He said that all the other mod. priced resort had rooms ava. just not corando. So I called back a week later and had no problems getting a reg. room at the corando with the AAA rate so don't give up . We are going the 2nd week of June.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom