A Whole New World: My Vision for a Renovated Walt Disney World

Which Mythica should be part of my Disney World plan?

• Total voters

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
There should be a small counter service in there somewhere...other than that everything looks great!
Thank you very much!

Continuing on from the Great Barrier Reef, we enter into our final land of Disney's Animal Kingdom...

The Dino Institute

I think the main problem with Dinoland U.S.A. in its' current formation is that the vast majority of the the land is a theme park within a theme park. It is not like Disney has never done this before, what with Paradise Pier being in DCA, but Paradise Pier actually works. It has gotten better over the years, with the additions of Mermaid, Toy Story Mania and World of Color and they actually fully committed to the idea of having a romanticized boardwalk area. However, over at DAK, they sort of dropped a bomb here. They went with like a Flintstones Bedrock theme, which just doesn't match up with the Dinosaur attraction. Plus, the land takes up so much space by adding in the midway carnival games in the middle, which doesn't really make much sense being in a Dinosaur themed land. The renovation of the entire land will see the complete removal of Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama, including all of the midway games, TriceraTop Spin and Primeval Whirl.

Also, something to address is that, when guests enter into The Dino Institute, they are still in the current day real-world, they are not entering into the world of the Dinosaurs, as that simply interferes with the storyline of the Dinosaur attraction, where guests have to go back in time. The entire land has to take place in the real world in order for it to consistently make sense. With that said, the entire land will heavily use the theme of time travel, to go back to a time when the Dinosaurs did exist.

While Dinosaurs may be extinct, they still play a major part in the story of Disney's Animal Kingdom. The Dino Institute displays the beliefs and attitudes about dinosaurs that we have come to believe for all of the world to see. The Dino Institute "theme" from the Dinosaur attraction has been expanded to fit the entire land in two distinct areas: the Institute itself and the excavation site.

The excavation site, the first area guests enter in this land, would have the look and feel of a working paleontological dig. Entering the site, guests will come across The Boneyard on the left side of the path. The Boneyard is a dinosaur dig site and playground, welcoming guests to enter into the perimeters of the boneyard. The area would become far more detailed and immersive than its current state with a tremendous amount of rockwork meant to resemble the Black Hills of South Dakota.

Black%2BHills.jpg
Continuing into the area where Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama use to exist, there is now a new attraction: The Excavator.
Excavator.jpg
The Excavator would have fit in perfectly with the backstory of Dinoland. For those of you that don’t know the tale, Dinoland started out as the site of a sand and gravel company. One day, as workers were digging up sand to load into a waiting dump truck, they uncovered a massive dinosaur bone. Scientists were then called to the scene and discovered that, just below the surface, was the paleontological find of the century. A wealthy benefactor for a local college immediately swooped in and bought up the sand and gravel pit.

That same wealthy benefactor became obsessed with why it was that so many perfectly preserved dinosaur skeletons could be found in this one spot. The only way to solve this particular mystery was to travel back in time and then attempt to observe whatever it was that actually caused this massive dinosaur extinction. The wealthy benefactor thus poured billions into the creation of the Dino Institute, whose research resulted in the invention of the Time Rover.

In this original backstory, the Excavator was supposed to be a piece of equipment which was left over from the site's sand and gravel pit days, a series of ore cars that had once been used to haul materials up out of the heart of this pit to the area where the dump trucks got loaded up. Over time, due to over-digging and as the sand in the pit began to shift, the Excavator became unsafe to operate. The sand and gravel company then shut down the ore cars and the Excavator stood empty and abandoned for a few years, becoming even more rickety and unsafe.

Then, when the wealthy benefactor bought the sand and gravel pit, he sent in groups of college students to work on the site. These college students then decided to put this old and unsafe piece of mining equipment back to work again, allowing them to use the old, rusty ore cars to haul some of the larger dinosaur bones that they've discovered.

As Guests move through the queue for this attraction towards the load area, they would walk past dozens of "Condemned" signs in addition to all sorts of safety barriers that the sand and gravel pit's workmen had set up that the college students have recently pulled down. The ride itself would be a wooden roller coaster that takes Guests past antiquated pieces of mining equipment, dodging around massive dinosaur bones and fossils, and careening through unstable mine shafts that could collapse at any moment. This wild and crazy ride would be similar to the experience of Big Thunder Mountain but “plussed” with new technology. In fact, I think the Grizzly Mountain Mine Cars from Hong Kong Disneyland provide an apt comparison:

On the edge of the land, just before heading back towards the Great Barrier Reef, guests will find Dino-Bites, a small quick-service location. The area also features the Cretaceous Creatures display unit, which offers the skeletal bone remains of several dinosaurs, similar to the one of the Carnotaurus constructed in the queue of the Dinosaur attraction. The exibits offer a wealth of information about each of the dinosaurs, while also continuing to carry out the Dino Institute theme throughout the entire land.

Wrapping around the corner, leading back towards the entrance to Discovery Island, guests will come across Restaurantosaurus, a pretty large quick-service location, offering chicken and burger entrees. The entire restaurant will be remodeled to match the theme of The Dino Institute, to feature skeletal replicas of several Dinosaurs and mosaics of every era of the Dinosaurs along the walls of the restaurant.

At the far back of the pavilion, guests will find the land's signature attraction:
Countdown to Extinction.

meeko-ctx.jpg

Yes, I plan to restore the ride's original name, but I'd honestly get rid of that tacky-looking sign and replace it with a new, more adventurous one.

On Countdown to Extinction, guests board time rover, EMV vehicles to simulate rapid jeep trekking movements, to travel back in time to rescue an iguanodon. Here, guests are sent back in time, to the end of the Cretaceous Period, to the end of the dinosaurs, right before the meteor thst struck the Earth impacts. The trip takes guests on a frantic chase through prehistoric forests, as they catch glimpses of broad displays of different dinosaur species, crashing meteors and several encounters with a Carnotaurus, whom spots the guests as his prey.

As for refurbishing the ride, I'd make sure that all the effects were restored to their original working condition. For example, Guests riding today might not know that the Pterodactyl originally swooped down at the Timer Rover and the Compsognathus leapt over the vehicle as it passed by. In addition, there are multiple lighting and smoke effects that were originally part of the ride that are no longer working.

I would also take the opportunity to “plus” Countdown to Extinction with enhanced show scenes to make the experience even more immersive. Dinosaur shares the same track layout as the Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland, but where the two differ is in the amount of detail featured on the ride. Whereas Indiana Jones has elaborately themed and detailed scenes, Dinosaur is very dark with lighting that mostly just highlights the large animatronic figures while paying little attention to their surroundings. I would seek to enhance the attraction by building up the environments around the animatronic figures. A good example of this comes from some of the original concept art for the attraction:

Countdown%2Bto%2BExtinction.jpg

Countdown%2Bto%2BExtinction2.jpg
This would allow the ride to become more popular than it currently is! The ride exits out into the Dino Institute Treasures store.

The Dino Institute
1) The Boneyard
2) Cretaceous Creatures
3) The Excavator
4) Countdown to Extinction

Shopping
A) Dino Institute Treasures

Dining
A) Dino-Bites
B) Restaurantosaurus

In the next post, we'll discuss entertainment here, and then it's off to the 5th park!

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Well, friends, we have come to my final post for this year. I will not post anything tomorrow, New Years Eve, because I'll be away at a party with my friends. So, here's the last post of 2014, as well as the last post revolving around Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Entertainment
First things first, once all the expansion is done, I would personally bring back Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade. This parade, which ended this past spring, featured our Disney friends in a safari-truck procession, alongside giant animal puppets. It was a ton of fun, and I don't see why they got rid of it.

Then of course, there's the new nighttime entertainment they've announced, as well as the extremely promising Rivers of Light. So in that sense, I would leave those alone, too.
DAK_NIGHT.jpg

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2014/05/RiversOfLight-Concept-Large-1.jpg​
Well, there we have it for the fourth park of Walt Disney World...

Disney's Animal Kingdom
disney-animal-kingdom-logo.jpeg
The Oasis
1) Animal Oasis Exhibits

Shopping
A) Stroller and Wheelchair Rental
B) Garden Gate Gifts

Dining
A) Rainforest Cafe

Discovery Island
2) The Tree of Life
3) The Tree of Life Garden
4) Discovery Island Trails
5) Earth FP

Shopping
A) Island Mercantile
B) Disney Outfitters
C) Creature Comforts

Dining
A) Flame Tree Barbecue
B) Pizzafari

Pandora
6) Avatar Program Center
7) Pandora River Journey
8) Flight of the Na'vi FP

Shopping
A) The Well of Souls

Africa
9) Festival of the Lion King FP
10) Kilimanjaro Safaris FP
11) Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
12) Jungle Camp
13) Tarzan's Treehouse
14) Tarzan's Jungle Vines
15) Mystic River Mountain FP

Shopping
A) Mombasa Marketplace and Ziwani Traders
B) Duka La Filmu

Dining
A) Tamu Tamu Refreshments
B) Tusker House
C) Dawa Bar
D) Kusafiri Coffee and Bake Shoppe

Rafiki's Planet Watch
16) Habitat Habit
17) Conservation Station
18) Conservation Community
19) Affection Section

Asia
20) Flights of Wonder
21) Maharajah Jungle Trek
22) Journey into the Jungle Book FP
23) Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain FP

Shopping
A) Yak and Yeti
B) Serka Zong Bazaar

Dining
A) Yak and Yeti

South America
24) Amazon Rainforest Trail
25) Amazon River Adventure FP
26) Rainforest Race
27) Mystic Manor FP

Dining
1) Base Camp Grill
2) Adventurers' Club

Ant Island
28) It's Tough to Be a Bug!
29) Tuck 'n' Roll's Drive-Em Buggies
30) Francis' Ladybug Boogie
31) Flik's Flyers
32) Heimlich's Chew-Chew Train
33) Princess Dot's Puddle Park
34) Flight of the Bumblebee

Dining
1) Bountiful Harvest

Shopping
1) P.T. Flea Market

The Great Barrier Reef
35) Finding Nemo: The Musical
36) Jumping Jellyfish
37) Bloat's Blowfish Balloon Race
38) The Whirlpool
39) Nemo's Playground
40) Crush's Coaster FP
41) Undersea Life Exhibits

Shopping
A) Seashore Shop

The Dino Institute
42) The Boneyard
43) Cretaceous Creatures
44) The Excavator FP
45) Countdown to Extinction FP

Shopping
A) Dino Institute Treasures

Dining
A) Dino-Bites
B) Restaurantosaurus

Entertainment
  • Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade
  • DiVine
  • African Drummers
  • Adventurers' Club
  • Discovery Island Nighttime Entertainment
  • Rivers of Light
Well, this is it for 2014. In just these past weeks, I've taken you through all four of the parks of Walt Disney World, showing what I would do to give them a refurbishment. Again, I won't post anything New Years Eve, but come 2015, we'll jump right back into the fun, starting with the 5th park.

So until then, Happy New Year, everyone, and see you in 2015!

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Well, like I said, it's 2015, and that means it's time to return to my refurbished Walt Disney World. And I am very, very excited, because it's finally time.

First came the Magic Kingdom, then EPCOT Center, then Disney's Hollywoodland, then Disney's Animal Kingdom, and now...introducing the newest theme park experience to come from the magic-makers at Disney.

Mythica
0d8kHL.jpg

In this fantastic new kingdom making its premiere at Walt Disney World Resort, Mythica opens up a world of fantasy, mystery and wonder. In Mythica, guests step out of the modern day world and step in-between the pages of some of their favorite storybook characters, unlike they've ever been told before: joining together into one immersive experience. Guests might explore the hidden tower of Rapunzel or come across the kingdom of Atlantis, they might find themselves on a distant moon or suddenly become the target of a fierce giant on the prowl.

In this kingdom, located directly on the edge of Bay Lake (boats from the Magic Kingdom area hotels--Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness--will be accessible, as well as usual bus service), the classic tales that we all know have transformed, offering guests a real-life experience, filled with magic and wonder. In this kingdom, the guests become characters in this new fairytale being written.

My inspiration, as you can probably tell by now, was this amazing idea by S.W. Wilson of Ideal Buildout. I loved this idea so much, I decided "why not let this be part of my ideas"? So, here it is!

Blog%2B-%2B3rd%2BGate%2BAnaheim%2Bsmall.PNG
Going clockwise from the entrance, the lands are: Phaselous Gardens, StarPort, San Fransokyo, Mythos, Shadowland, Enchanted Forest and Discovery Outpost.

Phaseolus Gardens
hieroglyphics.jpg
If one takes a boat to Mythica, they'll notice that the sights, smells and sounds of this area begin almost immediately. The boat dock is an old rock formation, draped with vines. Those who take the bus or have made the trek from the parking lot will walk through a dense forest before finding themselves here.

Phaseolus Gardens is somewhat analogous to the Oasis at Disney's Animal Kingdom; eschewing the urban, commercial entries of Main Street, Stargate Plaza and Hollywood Boulevard for a much more exotic, nature-based one. The only architecture of this area (holding all the required park entry facilities like Guest Services, maps, bathrooms, sundries, strollers, etc.) are a series of unusual dilapidated stone ruins (with a henge-like feature covering the turnstiles). The ruins are not of any known Earth civilization, although they look like they could be. Covering these buildings are carved tableaux with mysterious hieroglyphs that depict, to the keen eye, the legends and adventures that await within the park. Here’s a quick sketch to give you an idea of what I am envisioning here.

Blog%2B-%2BPhaseolus%2BPlaza.jpg
Inside the gate, guests enter a lush oasis of unusual plant and animal life. In the distance is the Alien Beanstalk, purplish and green, pulsating, glowing at night. Its tendrils coil skyward, shrinking as they rise. The massive roots arc over paths and disappear back into the ground. A water-like, fluorescent liquid pours in a stream from the beanstalk and fills a lagoon. Around the Beanstalk are exploration paths, including a cavern to venture inside it. Clues and interactive features (part of the park-wide game) are found among these paths.
12-green-beanstalk.jpg
True, there wasn't much to this land, but once past these mysterious gardens, a whole world of excitement and adventure is ours to find. So stay tuned--our journey through Mythica is just beginning!

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Oh I remember it, it's a great park. I helped SW with this park and it was great

Really? That's pretty cool! Which part did you help out with?

Now then, let's move on to the next land of Mythica.

Enchanted Forest
bambi_forest.jpg

To the right-hand side of the Phaseolus Gardens, just over a stone bridge and into the woods, you'll find yourself in the Enchanted Forest. The idea behind this land is that each section of the land is based around one of the four seasons--spring, summer, autumn and winter.

Of course, the first section here is Spring. The first sight we come across in the forest is the cottage from Mickey and the Beanstalk, surrounded by spring flowers. I'm debating whether or not the cottage should host a meet & greet with Mickey, Donald and Goofy dressed in their attire from the short, or just be used as a display with Audio-Animatronic versions of the three (like the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at the Magic Kingdom). But nonetheless, this cottage also serves as a display. Each of the lands will have a display on how they think the Beanstalk was made. Of course, for the Enchanted Forest, the display would imply that the magic beans created the Beanstalk (as a bonus, Willie the Giant would be peering at guests from the trees).

088+cow.JPG
Now, one of the things I really admire about this park idea is that it will allow some of Disney's lesser-known franchises and films their own chance to shine. Now, we've already seen a bit from Fun & Fancy Free, but the rest of the Spring section is devoted to a really obscure Disney property: Adventures of the Gummi Bears!

That's right, the Spring section is centered around Gummi Glen, the land the Gummi Bears call home. For those of you unfamiliar with the show, the show basically centers around the titular bears and their attempts to save their home from the evils of the evil Duke. They're able to achieve this with help from human boy Cavin and Princess Calla, as well as a special elixir called Gummi Berry Juice.

Anyways, the land is centered around a giant hillock, with the Gummi Glen Tree sitting at the entrance.

wall_glen.jpg
This grassy hillock serves as the show-building for the Gummi Glen Quick-Cars. Consider this ride a larger cousin of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, serving as an indoor/outdoor kiddie coaster. On the ride, guests board the titular quick-cars (which are hawk-shaped vehicles) and zip through Gummi Glen's quick-tunnels, visiting the Gummi Bears and watching Gummi-Berry Juice be made.
Quick-Tunnels-2.png
Nearby the hillock, meet & greet opportunities with the Gummi Bears--Zummi, Gruffi, Tuffi, Grammi, Sunni and Cubbi--as well as Cavin and Calla are held.
fdff54c6-4eb8-42c6-ab6f-5a34cdc18528_l.jpg
Now then, moving on, we have Summer. Summer is represented by Tangled. This area is mostly a beautiful area of rockwork caverns and trees, with another waterfall running down the rocks. Rapunzel's tower stands proudly at the entrance of the cavern. This tower serves as the entrance to an all-new dark ride: Tangled: An Enchanting Adventure.

There are two different starting points for the queue: the stand-by queue circles the base of the tower, while the FASTPASS queue immediately heads into the caverns. Taking a cue from the Little Mermaid queue, the indoor, cavern features mini-games with Pascal. Successfully completing mini-games would illuminate a starburst above on the ceiling.

At last, we finally reach the loading area. A mural seemingly drawn by Rapunzel is shown, depicting the Kingdom at night. Drawings of Rapunzel, Flynn, Pascal and Maximus stand on a grassy ledge next to the Kingdom. But unlike other Fantasyland dark ride murals, this one has animation. At certain times, floating lanterns appear in the sky and magically float away.

The ride vehicles themselves are floating lanterns. They seat four to five guests and use the Kuka arm system with a 270 degree horizontal rotation and a gentle, pneumatic lift of about 3-5 ft. The entire ride is on one level, since there are no major drops that can’t be achieved with screens and movement of the vehicles’ lifts.

Anyways, once all are aboard their floating lantern, they pass through some trees and into the first scene. The first scene takes place in the woods. An AA Flynn Rider stands next to his WANTED poster, lamenting how they never get his nose right. The neigh of a horse (Maximus) sounds and he tells riders "Gotta run!” Vehicles then pass an AA Mother Gothel calling Rapunzel to let down her hair.

The lanterns then entirely face left and pneumatically rise. A screen shows Rapunzel's hair, Mother Gothel climbing, followed by Flynn, who motions for you to keep it a secret. The lanterns move into the Tower chambers, where an AA Rapunzel and Pascal paint the walls. The vehicles move through the tower interior with quick scenes of Rapunzel singing “When Will My Life Begin”, Gothel singing “Mother Knows Best” and, finally, Rapunzel confronting a tied up Flynn.

The lanterns then turn backwards to exit the tower, pneumatically lowering in sync, as another screen-room simulates returning to the forest level. In the forest, Rapunzel swings around the tree in celebration as she happily yells “Best day ever!” and Flynn rolls his eyes. The lanterns then head towards the open doors of the Snuggly Duckling. The Duckling is filled with AA ruffians, all of them singing “I’ve Got a Dream” with Rapunzel. Also present are the Stabbington Brothers, eyeing Flynn and cracking their knuckles. Maximus’ neigh will sound behind us as the lanterns approach the hidden passageway.

In the underground escape tunnel begins in a keg room then enters a cavern that has an opening to the tower clearing and forest beyond and castle in far distance (scrim). The lanterns re-enter sunlight in the very large quarry/dam/canyon room. We see Flynn and Maximus fighting along with the Stabbington Brothers. Rapunzel swings across a ravine using her hair. It becomes clear that the dam is about to burst (water sprays out of it) and the canyon collapses. A boulder almost slams into the turning ride-vehicle, at which point an on-ride photo is snapped.

The excitement of the quarry is followed by a mellower moment at a nighttime campfire with Flynn & Rapunzel. But nearby Gothel discourages Rapunzel and the Stabbington Brothers prepare to grab Flynn. Back in the tower, events unfold in a magic mirror as Rapunzel and Gothel look on (screen): “The world is a cruel place.” Flynn is hurt. A sunburst in the mirror and Rapunzel gasps, exclaiming she is the lost princess. The lanterns enter the main Tower room where a short-haired Rapunzel weeps over a dying Flynn. She sings the healing incantation as sunbursts light up all around them. A harrowed Gothel can be seen falling out the window, as we hear Flynn's recovering voice.

The lanterns enter a royal chamber where we see Maximus standing proud with a bag of apples with Pascal looking on from the horse’s head and Rapunzel and Flynn embracing the King and Queen. The lanterns exit the castle balcony and enter the Grand Finale of the attraction where "I See the Light" plays and a super-detailed miniature of the castle, the city & the boat-filled bay are laid out before & below them (in perspective: closer boats are larger). It is evening and glowing lanterns, fiber-optics and projected lanterns surround the gently rising/lowering/rotating vehicles to create a mesmerizing effect.

In the denouement scene, the lanterns pass the entrance to the castle. Rapunzel and Flynn wave goodbye as Maximus stands nearby, smiling and occasionally winking at guests. Pascal waves goodbye using his tail. The lanterns pull back into the loading station and guests enter into a gift shop, called Flynn’s Pilfered Goods. Next to the attraction on the right is the Snuggly Duckling restaurant. Rapunzel and Flynn often hosts meet & greets in this area's courtyard.

Going straight from the Summer area, to your right is the Autumn area. Autumn is devoted to the world of The Wind in the Willows. Standing tall under the orange-tinted trees is a stately manor that plays host to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Yes, the iconic ride is back, where you can hop onboard one of Mr. Toad's motorcars and take a jolly ride to "nowhere in particular". Despite the new entrance, the rest of the ride is unchanged from its early days--the same loading area, same vehicles and the two different adventures on each side.

Nearby the attraction is Ratty's Chip Stand, offering fish 'n' chips and other British delicacies. In a small part of the autumn forest, Mr. Toad, Ratty, Moley and MacBadger host meet & greets.

Finally, we have Winter. And of course, Winter is represented by Frozen. The landscape has a snowy feature to it. Standing tall at the back of this section is Elsa's ice palace. This serves as the entrance to A Frozen Adventure, a brand-new dark ride. Yes, this is where I'd move the Frozen ride coming to EPCOT Center, but put it in a bigger and better setting. (Credit to Vipraa for this idea!)

“A Frozen Adventure” Dark Ride

General:
Enter and experience the fantastic world of Frozen on the classic dark ride through the story of Anna and Elsa. This ride bring guests into this magical world in a family friendly ride that the whole family will enjoy. This will be a classic track driven dark ride with brand new next gen motion enhanced ride vehicles. The ride vehicles will be able to tilt and move with the scenery as well as spin 360 degrees with the show. New state of the art audio-animatronics will enhance the experience for new audiences.

Queue:
Guest enter either the Standby or FastPass queues at the entrance to a icy cave just below Elsa’s Ice Palace. The standby line has an interactive queue all its own. The first is the magic snowflake matcher, where guest use touch screens on the wall to pull snowflakes of different shapes and colors to their corresponding collection area. The second interactive area is the Snowman builder where parts of snowmen move down a table slowly and guest can use these parts to construct there very own snowmen who when put together come magically to like and wave at the guest before walking off. After the snowman builder, the Standby and FastPass queue merge just before the load area. Here at the load area, themed to look like an icy cave, guest board their 3-row 6-person sleds (maybe we could use the old Snow White's Scary Adventure cars, seeing as how they use the exact same configuration) and prepare to experience A Frozen Adventure.

Ride Experience:
Scene 1
Guest pass through the first passage out of the load zone and are immediately transported to Arendelle in summer with an audio-animatronic Anna dancing around and singing “For the First Time in Forever”

Scene 2
The sleds move through the palace gates to see Elsa's coronation. Guest see Elsa holding the ball and scepter while looking nervous with Anna behind her and the royal choir singing to provide atmosphere.

Scene 3
The atmosphere suddenly turns much darker as Elsa accidentally unleashes her powers and leaves Arendelle freezing every thing in the scene as she leaves. Anna and Hans are off to the side calling her trying to get her to return.

Scene 4
As the sleds enter the next scene guests find a small storage shed. Inside the storage shed are Kristoff and Sven around a lantern singing “Reindeers are Better then People”. As guests pass the shed, they see animatronics of Anna, Kristoff and Sven heading up the mountain in search of Elsa.

Scene 5
The grand “Let it Go” scene with an advanced AA Elsa in the middle using her magic to create the Ice Palace which starts to take shape in front of the guest with projections, moving set pieces and smoke effects.

Scene 6
The sleds pass into the next scene and find Anna, Kristoff and Olaf all trying to get Elsa to return to Arendelle and stop the winter. As guest exit the room, we enter a small cavern where we see (in silhouette) Elsa strike Anna with her powers.

Scene 7
The Troll scene where they are singing “Fixer Upper” with Anna and Kristoff in the center of the room. As the guest pass through Anna’s hair turns white and grows faint and they decide she needs to get to Hans.

Scene 8
Hans is approaching Elsa with his sword and Anna jumps in front of him to save her. Anna Freezing effect is achieved through projection.

Scene 9
As "Vuelie" plays, the curse is lifted and summer returns to Arendelle, as the gang celebrates.

Unload
Guest exit the ride with an interactive Olaf off to the side similar to the Roz in Monsters Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue.

Ride Statistics
Ride Length - Approximately 3:00 minutes
6 Passengers per vehicle
15 second dispatch
Theoretical Capacity - 1440 guest per hour
Nearby the ice palace, you'll find Wandering Oaken's Trading Post & Frozen Funland. This area, which used to grace Disney's Hollywoodland, has moved here. There are two distinct areas: the "Trading Post", where you can get your fix on Frozen merchandising, and the "Frozen Funland", where a wide arrangement of activities are found, which include ice skating, playing in snow/ice, photo opportunities in front of snowy backdrops, and sweet treats.

It’s nice and cold inside the Trading Post, a great retreat from the scorching summer sun outside. Though inexperienced guests do frequently fall on the ice skating rink, everyone seems to have a great time amidst the wintery atmosphere – a rarity in Florida.

On the other side of the ice palace is the Glacial Gazebo, a meet & greet location for Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf.
JPL798311.jpg
And in the center of the land is a cottage belonging to a wise astrologist, with clocks and astrocalendars and things related to the four seasons decorating it. Who knows? Maybe you can meet the astrologist inside!

Enchanted Forest
1) Gummi Glen Quick-Cars
2) Tangled: An Enchanting Adventure
3) Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
4) A Frozen Adventure
5) Frozen Funland
6) Glacial Gazebo

Shopping
1) Flynn's Pilfered Goods
2) Wandering Oaken's Trading Post

Dining
1) The Snuggly Duckling
2) Ratty's Chip Stand

Well, that was fun, wasn't it? But beware--things are about to get a little creepy in the next post...

Last edited:

orlando678-

I helped with the enchanted forest, the star wars part of starport, mythos or mythica, discovery outpost and the superhero land. I really like what you did here!

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
I helped with the enchanted forest, the star wars part of starport, mythos or mythica, discovery outpost and the superhero land. I really like what you did here!

Thank you very much! And BTW, the land's name is Mythos. Mythica is the name of the park.

Shadowland
05_Q-once-quiz.jpg

Shadowland is the part of Mythica that focuses on the darker side of Disney, mainly the villains. There are four distinct areas of this land, each providing its own sense of thrills.

The first area in this land is the Forbidden Forest, serving as the transition from the Enchanted Forest into Shadowland. The transition mark comes off of Toad Hall, where the charming and bright woods of the Mr. Toad area turn dark and become a forest of ominous dead trees and thorns. Here we have those spooky trees from Snow White and Wizard of Oz, and the trees are built so they form a kind of tunnel with their branches. There are spooky sounds and those little green eyes blinking in the darkness here…so that little kids playing in the woods know not to go into "the dark part" of the forest.

Nockturn Alley at Universal Orlando is an influence on the whole Shadowland area, where efforts are made to use the trees and mountain and buildings to create areas where it is always dark and spooky, which would be a first for a Disney park. The trees are great at blocking sight lines so that when inside Shadowland it is a world of shadow that makes you feel like you have stumbled into this shadowy, spooky place unlike anything in a Disney park.

As guests continue on a path curving to the left of the mountain, they leave the Forbidden Forest and they enter the villain-dominated town: Villains' Village. Shadowland has a lot of echoes of other areas of Disney parks, only here the bad guys rule. So all the businesses in the Village are run by the various villains, kind of like Storybrooke on Once Upon a Time, where the storybook characters have day jobs. This village plays host to a meet & greet with the villains, as well as a theater that hosts Villains Tonight!, a show featuring all your favorite baddies.

The main ride of the village is Ichabod Crane's Midnight Escape. Think of this as an echo of Mr. Toad just nearby. This ride is a nice transition from the Forbidden Forest area into Villain Village, since it incorporates a forest element.
Guests enter the ride building via an old colonial farmhouse at the bottom of the train station, and the first thing they pass by an old clock stuck at twelve midnight. The guests wind their way through the farm, passing by pictures of famous American tall tales such as, Paul Bunyan, John Henry, Pocahontas, Johnny Appleseed, Tom Sawyer, Huckleberry Finn, Davy Crockett, and last but not least, the headless horseman and Ichabod Crane. Guests then enter the load area where a mural of a dark forest sits. The ride vehicles are horseless carriages that seat two to three people. They are colored black, and have a dark red covered canopy above them. They will also have a different Legend of Sleepy Hollow character name on the front. As guests board, they hear this safety spiel:

“Welcome to Sleepy Hollow, my pals. As you tour our little town, please remain seated in your horseless carraige with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside at all times, and do watch your young'uns. Oh, and be sure to watch out for that Headless Horseman!”

Boarding the carriage, the guests turn right and enter a small forest cottage where the Sleepy Hollow Halloween party is being held. An audience of villagers watch in awe as Brom Bones stands on a soap crate singing the “Headless Horseman” song from the movie. Turning away from the song, the guests pass Ichabod Crane who timidly hides behind a fallen chair as beautiful Katrina sits on the other side of the room laughing at the foolish fear of Ichabod Crane. The vehicles then move outside of the cottage past foreboding trees and growling red-eyed wolves that follow the car's every move. Sharp turns and curves abound as you travel through the rest of the ride. Ichabod Crane and his shaking horse appear nearby a dark blue lake with the following words echoing through the air, "Once you pass that bridge my friends, the ghost is through his power ends."

The vehicles quickly turn and face the headless horseman a top his rearing horse as red and purple strobe lights flash behind them. The carriages then pick up speed and race through the haunting forest passing the shadows of Ichabod and the headless horseman chasing each other through the dead foliage. The vehicles dip down quickly and slow down past the headless horseman who laughs evilly and swipes his sword at guests, just barely missing their heads. The carriages then head towards the bridge which apparently is the headless horseman's one true weakness. Ichabod is seen on the ground cowering in fear as the headless horseman shadow is seen coming towards him, Ichabod's horse hiding in the nearby bushes across the way. The carriages then go "across" (opening doors) the bridge and enter a small scene that shows that only Ichabod's hat remained at the bridge.

The Village is where lots of villains merchandise can be exclusively found… shops selling unique things. One of these
bizarre shops is DeVil Fashion, a shop that actually makes, by hand, really interesting costumes. They could sell these online too and take orders but the shop would be based here. I know this is a radical idea, but cosplay is big business. The shop could be a kind of attraction to watch the seamstresses and tailors at work creating this stuff. This 5th gate would be designed in a way where the cosplay is part of the park's culture…and Disney would make that known to guests that unlike at the other parks, guests could cosplay in here and dress as a theme of the different areas. So you could dress up as your favorite area and spend time there in the themed environment and basically play Halloween every day in the themed environments.

The Village would have all kinds of in-jokes and references to all the various villains from Disney movies. You see they have all moved here after being defeated. Just like Diagon Alley, there are references to lots of things and signs for their businesses and it makes sense to have random appearances by all of these obscure characters. Every day, there would be appearances here by at least one character never seen anywhere else, like they are living in this little town in exile. The villains have a support group for one another here. They are nursing their wounds and trying to get back on their feet to try again against the heroes of the Disney parks.

If you look on the map of Mythica, there's a small area in-between the Frozen area of Enchanted Forest and the mountain. That right there is Halloween Town. The entrance to Halloween Town is, of course, a big tree marked with a jack-o-lantern. It's all inside a cavernous building so it is dark in there. It's the HalloweenTown as seen in the NBC movie. There is that distinctive fountain and all the crazy buildings and animatronics of the different creatures from the movie here and there, having just finished Halloween. When you go through this queue, you are walking down the streets of HalloweenTown…and then you come to City Hall behind the fountain…and that is the entrance to The Nightmare Before Christmas attraction. The ride itself is a NexGen Peter Pan's Flight. You are riding on the sleigh pulled by Zero…and the projection technology makes Zero the ghost dog appear in front of you, pulling the skeleton reindeer. You float along above HalloweenTown and other places following Jack Skellington as he tries to takeover Christmas. The ride's gift shop, "What's This?" Gifts, sells exclusive items and also Halloween ornaments for "Halloween Trees" like Ray Bradbury wanted and they do at Disneyland as a tradition.

From there, we have the [enormous backdrop] mountain, topped with a [perspective miniature] of Maleficent's Forbidden Fortress, echoing Sleeping Beauty's castle and announcing this area as the corner of the Disney Universe where the villains go when they are defeated. Also built in perspective miniature on the mountain heights is Captain Hook’s pirate ship, wrecked like it had been flying and crashed into the side of the mountain.

This mountain serves as the home of the Maleficent roller-coaster. This is one of two experiments in this park with bringing a "thrill park-style" coaster to a heavily-themed Disney environment. With major maneuvers like Cobra Rolls, Corkscrews and Immelmann Loops it doesn't seem fully possible to imbed everything in rockwork, so here the coaster track itself could be themed to the chaotic, twisting mass of giant thorn vines below the Evil Queen's castle and set in a sunken morass and surrounded by rockwork ridges.

Shadowland
1) Villains Tonight!
2) Ichabod Crane's Midnight Escape
3) The Nightmare Before Christmas
4) Maleficent

Shopping
1) DeVil Fashion
2) Macabre Merchandising
3) Happy Hauntings
4) Dr. Facilier's Voodoo Emporium
5) "What's This?" Gifts

Dining
1) Villains' Tavern
2) Louis' Crab Shack
3) The Poisoned Apple
4) Yzma's Potion Bar

Last edited:

orlando678-

Great ideas but I do remember that there was a flume ride inside the mountain about all the villains working together to win some kind of power of fantasy and I think for a villain area that this could be major fun. Also I'd love to see some more shops or restaurant ideas that are owned by the villains like uh Yzma's potion bar, the poisoned apple restaurant or so( with interactive magic mirror), Doctor Facilier's voodoo emporium and so on. But still I really like your ideas and I can't wait to see more!

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Great ideas but I do remember that there was a flume ride inside the mountain about all the villains working together to win some kind of power of fantasy and I think for a villain area that this could be major fun. Also I'd love to see some more shops or restaurant ideas that are owned by the villains like uh Yzma's potion bar, the poisoned apple restaurant or so( with interactive magic mirror), Doctor Facilier's voodoo emporium and so on. But still I really like your ideas and I can't wait to see more!

Well, I though the flume ride premise was too similar to that of Bald Mountain at the Magic Kingdom. And I will add those shops and restaurants in at some point.

Mythos
hercules_pegasus_thebes.jpg

Mythos revolves around some of the greatest myths of our time: the myths of Ancient Greece and Rome, and what is perhaps the greatest myth of all time: Atlantis.

The first of these three to be represented, Greece, has two sides: a lighter side and a darker side. The darker side is the one bordering Shadowland, with a Maze of the Minotaur, a Cerberus spinner ("in which Hades’ three-headed doggrabs hold of the passengers and spins them around") and the Temple of Hades. The lighter side is an ancient Aegean port with a lighthouse, explorable Argo, and swinging Trireme. The major attraction here is Hercules--the Muse-ical!, a show on par with Aladdin at DCA that tells the iconic tale of the strongest god on Mt. Olympus.

100_2277.jpg
Speaking of theater, A reproduction of an Athenian theater hosts live productions. The Agora is a Greek marketplace filled with various unique food and merch vendors. Hercules, Meg & Phil host meet & greets in a small garden nearby the Agora.

Greece and the next area, Rome, are separated by a large Archimedes Screw which rests near the end of the water. This screw pulls water out of the lake and into a characteristic Roman Aqueduct, which runs to the nearby resort where it is used as a water feature at the pool.

The Roman area is dominated by Disney's Imperial Resort. This hotel is very different from something like Caesar’s Palace Vegas, which dresses modern 20+ story hotel buildings in kitschypediments. Instead, the approach here is like Tokyo Mira Costa: attempt to replicate the scale and feel of a romanticized Ancient Rome, via authentic detailing, staying relatively low-rise (5-8 stories), using setbacks and the appearance of a contingent of smaller buildings:

LbFkwY.jpg

hotel_miracosta_night.jpg
Hopefully, you can tell from the plan that Rome is built on two pedestrian levels. On the lower, waterfront area there is a new type of flatride (a 21st century, super-sized version of The Whip) styled after the Circus Maximus. I imagined the Cosplay shop described in Shadowland could be applied in other areas as well (here, there could be gladiator gear or togas).The Pantheon is a mixed-media (circlevision?) theater telling varied stories (i.e., slot-machine-style, like Star Tours) of the Classical World, its history and mythology.

Finally, we have Atlantis. To me (and many others) Atlantis: The Lost Empire is definitely one of Disney's most underrated films, and I think it deserves a little bit of love. That's just what we'll give it!

Atlantis-The-Lost-Empire-atlantis-34237443-1920-816.jpg
Right nearby the E-ticket attraction Atlantis: The Lost Empire (which I have no full ride-through of yet), you'll find an epic new thing that you don't even have to wait in line for. It's called the Sinking City, and it's very similar to Catastrophe Canyon at Disney's Hollywoodland.

Atlantis will be the most technologically challenging area to develop. It consists of two sections, one above ground and one below the lagoon. The area above ground rests on enormous shaker tables and approximately every 30 min the ground rumbles and causes buildings to “collapse.” During these shows, water will flow from the top of the mountain range into predetermined flood zones and statues, spires and other objects will “break” (built on hinges and retract after a few min).

Right in front of the Volcano is the Atlantean Palace, a meet & greet area for Milo and Kida, an aquarium (complete with tunnel access) and the Research Bay undersea viewing restaurant, themed around the researchers' submarine in Atlantis: The Lost Empire. An overpass bridge leads to San Fransokyo, while a small path leads around the Volcano to Discovery Outpost.

The multi-level paths (and many hotel rooms) also serve as viewing areas for the nighttime lagoon spectacular which uses the Volcano and Palace as a backdrop. Atop the Mountain is a Tesla Coil used to cast lightning as Zeus/Jupiter would and as a special effect during the nighttime show.

The Legend of Mythica, recently retired from TDS, would seem an ideal daytime show for this lagoon, although I didn’t include the necessary boat storage/maintenance area in this plan.

Mythos
1) Maze of the Minotaur
2) Cerberus
3) Temple of Hades
4) Hercules--the Muse-ical!
5) Circus Maximus
6) The Pantheon
7) Atlantis: The Lost Empire
8) Atlantean Palace
9) Aquarium

Shopping
1) The Agora
2) Atlantean Goods

Dining
1) The Agora
2) Research Bay

Last edited:

orlando678-

What is the temple of Hades in your park? I know that when I discussed the park with SWW they were talking about a madhouse but it never became part of the plan so I'm curious, is it a M&G or so?

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
What is the temple of Hades in your park? I know that when I discussed the park with SWW they were talking about a madhouse but it never became part of the plan so I'm curious, is it a M&G or so?

Now that you bring it up, I'm actually leaning towards this "Madhouse" idea. Is there any further information on this sort of idea?

Now then, let's move on.
San Fransokyo
outybi9zysvvlgldjlij.jpg

San Fransokyo is the realm seen in Disney's latest animated adventure Big Hero 6. When I first saw the movie, I immediately fell in love with the settings and characters of the movie. In fact, after just one showing, it became my second-favorite CGI movie (behind Finding Nemo). In that sense, I am excited to bring this world to life here at Mythica. I originally intended to have this area replace the Streets of America at Disney's Hollywoodland, but I figured it would be difficult to put on the Spectacle of Dancing Lights with new buildings like the ones seen in the picture. So, I moved the concept here.

Entering the area from Mythos, you'll notice the area is very similar to New York Street at Disney's Hollywoodland, complete with various buildings only there for show. The buildings are decked out with blends of both American architecture and Japanese architecture. The first major leg of street is home to just various buildings. But along one of the street corners is the Lucky Cat Cafe, the restaurant owned by Hiro's Aunt Cass. This is a place to get your fix on coffee and sweets, as well as those infamous chicken wings served with that insanely hot sauce ("We are going to feel these things tomorrow.").

San_Fransokyo_Cass's_Cafe.jpg
At the far edge of town is Fred's Mansion. This serves as not only a walk-through, but inside the gang's meeting place, you can meet up with the Big Hero 6 themselves--Hiro, Baymax, GoGo, Wasabi, Honey Lemon and Fred.
images
The streets of San Fransokyo are always abuzz with activity (including daily streetmosphere demonstrations by the town’s would-be villains, always thwarted by their own illusions of grandeur). While wondering through the city streets, you may notice a structure at the far back of town: that structure is the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology.
02MURPHY5-articleLarge.jpg
Inside, Hiro invites you to hop on-board a special prototype ride-vehicle. It's the best way to get in on Big Hero 6: The Adventure, a breathtaking ride through a new and original superhero caper. This 21st century dark ride (featuring a KUKA Robo-Arm conveyance) sends us sidekicks alike on a soaring, unbelievable adventure to save the day once and for all. The ride even includes a flight through the city!

The ride exits out into the Institute Gifts shop, selling merchandise revolving around the movie.

But however...just beyond the city of San Fransokyo, just pass the bridge that looks like the Golden Gate, is the mysterious Akuma Island. This is home to the Microbot family roller coaster. Your mission, should you choose to accept it: board a ride vehicle powered by Microbots, programmed to seek out Yokai and make sure his evildoings are stopped. Aboard this coaster, each car spins wildly as it blasts through the jungle, narrowly escaping Yokai's attacks. If you can outwit the villain, you'll get a nice view of the Big Hero 6 giving him what-for at the ride's climax.

Nearby the Beanstalk, you may notice a futuristic set-up. That's because students from the Institute have set up a camp research site to learn more about the Beanstalk.

San Fransokyo
1) Big Hero 6: The Adventure
2) Microbot Coaster

Shopping
1) Institute Gifts

Dining
1) Lucky Cat Cafe

orlando678-

The madhouse idea was about entering a temple worshipping Hades but when we enter one of the halls, Hades, Pain and Panic change from their statue forms and become audio animatronics that dare us to enter the great hall of the temple. Hades triggers the portal to the underworld and so the madhouse ride begins. Hades on a throne and Pain and Panic audio animatronics would be there in the great hall too.

I really like what you did with San Fransokyo!

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
The madhouse idea was about entering a temple worshipping Hades but when we enter one of the halls, Hades, Pain and Panic change from their statue forms and become audio animatronics that dare us to enter the great hall of the temple. Hades triggers the portal to the underworld and so the madhouse ride begins. Hades on a throne and Pain and Panic audio animatronics would be there in the great hall too.

I really like what you did with San Fransokyo!

Thank you!

Is Big Hero 6: The Adventure going to have a new villain like it takes place after the film?

No, I'd rather it take place during the events of the movie.

StarPort
tatooineswtor.jpg

This land, centered around the Star Wars series, has a very interesting backstory.

Not long ago, a Jedi whose spaceship had been badly damaged by imperial fire crash-landed on this mysterious, unknown planet. The terrain was hot and dry and rocky and seemingly devoid of life, making the Jedi fear for her survival. Just as she was about to give up hope, she came across a towering beanstalk. It seemed too good to be true - no more than a desert mirage. She reached out to grab it, and, finally convinced it was real, fell to the ground with tears of joy.

While the Jedi worked to repair her spaceship, the beanstalk sustained her with shelter, kindling, and food. But still she had a problem: no fuel. Until one evening, when an ember from her campfire blew onto a distant root of the beanstalk, which burst into flames like a drum of gasoline. The Jedi couldn’t believe her luck: the roots of the beanstalk contained an ethanol-like fuel, which could power her spaceship. Refueled and refreshed, she flew off to tell the Jedi council about this new planet.

Word spread quickly, and settlers from all over the galaxy traveled here seeking their fortunes. A boomtown arose, complete with a starport, agricultural research center, and luxury hotel. Since the planet was devoid of traditional building materials, most of the settlers built makeshift shelters, replicating the architecture of their home worlds with materials from their spacecraft. After all, what use was a spaceship when they didn’t intend to leave? At least not until they’d domesticated the beanstalk.

The settlers planted cuttings from the beanstalk all around the planet. It didn’t grow everywhere, but where it did, it took off like kudzu. None of the child beanstalks grew as tall as their mother, but they provided more than enough food and fuel for the settlers’ use and for trade. Even better, they enriched the soil, allowing plants from almost any other planet to thrive on the formerly harsh terrain. Still, the settlers continue to dream, hoping that one day they’ll learn the beanstalk’s secrets and grow a forest of plants as tall as the original.

There are three distinct areas of StarPort. First of all, there's the Fields. The Fields are the southern part of StarPort--right nearby the Alien Beanstalk--consists of beanstalk fields tended by both droids and human scientists. Lacking the museums, theaters, and other recreational options available in an established city, the settlers have made the fields do double duty as a combination of working farm and pleasure garden.

The fields are also home to a research station where scientists are developing new rockets designed to run on beanstalk fuel and traverse the still-harsh terrain of the Planet. Peter Quill (a.k.a. Star-Lord) has been chosen to test-pilot the new rocket and, despite the rules against it, invites us to join him. This [transforming] coaster, known as Xandar Rocket Testing, blasts through both the fields and the neighboring Xandar settlement, with a rockin’ ’70s and ’80s soundtrack provided by the Star-Lord himself.

At the north end sits a massive transit terminal. With a growing population and acres of farmland to protect, StarPort is constantly in need of more runways and more pilots. With its abundant fuel supplies, StarPort has become a popular stop for teamsters who pilot supply ships across the galaxy. Part of the StarPort caters specifically to these travelers, with an “intergalactic truck stop” feel. Visitors can fuel up, pick out souvenirs at the truck stop shop, and even grab some grub at the Starlite Diner. Next to the diner is the Shooting Star bar, a rough-and-tumble place with sultry alien chanteuses.

The terminal is also home to several attractions. The first notable one is Pilots' Academy, a bay of Sum of All Thrills-style simulators where guests can learn what it’s like to pilot various vehicles from the Star Wars universe. In this area would also be the land’s anchoring new E-ticket, with a distinct architectural tower/feature marking its entrance. With so many of the Star Wars attractions (including DL’s Star Tours) already dealing with battles in space, I think this experience should take a different track.

There's also the Star Wars Saga Theater. Audience chairs swivel. LED stars embedded in walls of theater. There is a proscenium in front and back of theater. Star Destroyer enters over audience creates opening scene to Ep 4. Memorable fights acted out on stage, possibly far back enough to use the Mylar film tech, live actors or both. Scaled down replicas of Xwing (front stage) and TIE fighter (back stage) enter and laser fight ensues. Ceiling is giant LCD screen. Ships "fly" using crane and Kuka and projections are on screen on back of stage for speed effects, spx and backgrounds. Rockettes Dancing. A cylinder drops from ceiling into middle of auditorium (thus the swivel chairs) and inside is a "hologram" of the Emperor. Nearby is the Droid Factory restaurant, filled with famous and not-so-famous AA robots and (with automated service (few humans)).

At the far edge of the terminal is the StarShuttle, a sleek futuristic train that takes guests to the Star Wars section of Lucasland at Disney's Hollywoodland, and back again. It appears to have windows from the outside, but from within follows the model set by the Hogwarts Express. The land has lots of kinetic movement, with elevated tracks for the GotG Coaster and the StarShuttle criss-crossing above pedestrians’ heads.

At the far back of StarPort is another new hotel: the Galactic Embassy Hotel. (Notice that this hotel is not marked with "Disney's"; I want this hotel to be unique.) Built to serve business travelers and diplomats from across the galaxy and to boost StarPort’s reputation, the Galactic Embassy Hotel is the height of luxury. The central lobby features a planetarium-style dome. It’s perpetually night here, just like at the Blue Bayou, and you can always see the stars. Perhaps there are spacecraft hanging from the ceiling (as at the Air and Space Museum) and Star Wars memorabilia in display cases.

I think it would be awesome to have large digital picture frames in your room that do a slide show of photos from your day taken by Photopass; for the room to feature two televisions. One for the kids with wireless headphones and one tv for the adults. Futuristic toilets that many hotels in Japan have. The tv, lights, bath, a/c to be voice-operated. Your room's voice butler could be the character voice of your choice. The windows use liquid crystals to become opaque. LED's along the crown molding and baseboards so that you can control the colors of the walls. The ceiling and railings of the lobby to be outfitted with fiber optics so that at night, light levels are lowered and the whole place looks like a star field.

On the eastern part of the land, bordering the Galactic Embassy Hotel and San Fransokyo, are the Settlements. The Settlements are a sprawling cluster of ramshackle homes and businesses. Settlers from the same planet tend to congregate in the same area, giving rise to neighborhoods like Tatooinetown and Little Naboo. Wandering through the alleys of the settlements, you’ll artifacts from all over the Star Wars universe and meet some of your favorite characters. At the center of the settlements is an open-air market where vendors hawk their wares. The market also contains The Theater (C ticket), a tented performance space hastily constructed from spare spaceship parts to satisfy the settlers’ demand for entertainment. Here, human actors and droids re-enact beloved sci-fi stories using only the materials at hand, in a style similar to Fantasy Faire in Disneyland. If needed, the settlements could also house a couple midway-style B tickets built in a similar style to the Theater. The settlement bordering San Fransokyo is Little Xandar. It provides a backdrop for the coaster ride as well as a transition to the land.

StarPort
1) Xandar Rocket Testing
2) Pilots' Academy

3) Star Wars Saga Theater
4) StarShuttle to Lucasland
5) Settlement Theater

Shopping
1) The Market

Dining
1) Starlite Diner
2) Shooting Star
3) Droid Factory

Twilight_Roxas

I think it fits better putting in a new villain like how the ending of the incredibles introduce the Underminer for a video game sequel.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Well, I didn't think I'd post this tonight, but here it is: the final land of Mythica...

Discovery Outpost
gallery007.jpg
Discovery Outpost is a late 19th-early 20th-century, secret steampunk research outpost at the base of a giant, active volcano known only as Mt. Prometheus. Because Mount Prometheus is an active volcano (thanks to the help of Disney magic), there is a restless energy all around you. Steam can be seen escaping from cracks in the side of the volcano. The landscape is rocky and devoid of plant life. There is a turbulent waterway which occupies the center of the area, and geysers shoot up dozens of feet in the air.

Built (I think, ever since the labels on the map of the park disappeared, I'm sort of confused to which attraction is which) on either side of Mt. Prometheus is the S.E.A. Observatory, an exploratory attraction, filled with numerous SFX-filled science rooms: a machine-age cousin to Fortress Explorations at Tokyo DisneySea.

Built into the side of the Mount Prometheus volcano, the inside of the Prometheus Restaurant is made up to look like a geothermal power station. The inside walls appear to be carved from lava rock, and the effects are very convincing.

In front of the volcano on the nearby lagoon, you'll find the entrance to 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Yes, the iconic Magic Kingdom attraction has resurfaced here at Mythica. On-board, you can join Captain Nemo himself for a voyage to see what lurks under the surface...

Subtle nods to the Beanstalk mythology exist in both the S.E.A. Observatory and 20,000 Leagues.

There are a couple of small souvenir stands in Mythica that are contained in unconventional buildings, and Nautilus Gifts is one of them.
A retro-futuristic steel structure with glass pane walls, this shop, located across from the loading dock for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, looks bigger on the outside than it is on the inside.
nautilus_gifts.jpg
Here you'll find some unique souvenirs and collectibles. Many fit the theme of Discovery Outpost, but you will also find some non-Disney, science fiction, and nautically-related items as well. There is some neat stuff here that you won't find elsewhere in the park.

For those of you who have been with this thread since Day One, remember how I said a certain ride from Tokyo DisneySea would be part of this 5th park? Well, here it is. Located inside Mt. Prometheus itself, you'll find the insanely epic Journey to the Center of the Earth!

journey_sign.jpg

Based on the Jules Verne novel of the same name, Journey to the Center of the Earth takes you on a winding trip down to the earth's core. Along the way you will encounter crystal caverns, strange creatures, and a variety of special effects that make this attraction one incredible feast for the eyes. Often breathtaking, sometimes scary, you could ride this attraction dozens of times and still not see everything.

Journey to the Center of the Earth is one of Mythica's major attractions, and unless you have no tolerance whatsoever for thrill rides, this is a "must do" attraction. This is a fantastic ride that does not disappoint.

Discovery Outpost
1) S.E.A. Observatory
2) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
3) Journey to the Center of the Earth

Shopping
1) Nautilus Gifts

Dining
1) Prometheus Restaurant

Now, of course, the adventure of Mythica is not over yet. In the next post, we'll discuss the entertainment here. See ya then!

FutureCEO

Great ideas for Mythica....however, I don't understand Star Wars being in the park? I feel Pandora would fit in here nicely.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Great ideas for Mythica....however, I don't understand Star Wars being in the park? I feel Pandora would fit in here nicely.

Well, it was in the original idea for the park...and besides, there's not really enough space to do a full-fledged Star Wars land at Disney's Hollywoodland.

Entertainment
First of all, as I said before, every day, the lagoon at Mythos will host The Legend of Mythica, a show from Tokyo DisneySea.

Now then, the major daytime procession here will be the Spirit of Adventure Parade. This all-new procession brings Disney's greatest legends to life before your very eyes. All along the parade-route (starting in San Fransokyo, circling the Beanstalk, then exiting into the Enchanted Forest), characters from such legends as Hercules, The Lion King, Tangled, Snow White, Peter Pan and Mary Poppins bring the spirit of adventure directly to the guests.

Every night, take part in the greatest legend ever brought to life: The Secret of the Beanstalk. In this grand nighttime spectacular, watch as a dark spirit takes over Mythica, which leads to the lands feuding over which recieves ultimate power of the Beanstalk (this is where the Zeus/lightning bolt thing I briefly talked about will come into play). It's an epic battle of lasers, fire, water, projections and lightning to bring something never before seen in the Disney parks to life.

Mythica
0d8kHL.jpg
Phaseolus Gardens

Enchanted Forest
1) Gummi Glen Quick-Cars FP
2) Tangled: An Enchanting Adventure FP
3) Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
4) A Frozen Adventure FP
5) Frozen Funland
6) Glacial Gazebo

Shopping
1) Flynn's Pilfered Goods
2) Wandering Oaken's Trading Post

Dining
1) The Snuggly Duckling
2) Ratty's Chip Stand

Shadowland
7) Villains Tonight!
8) Ichabod Crane's Midnight Escape
9) The Nightmare Before Christmas
10) Maleficent FP

Shopping
1) DeVil Fashion
2) Macabre Merchandising
3) Happy Hauntings
4) Dr. Facilier's Voodoo Emporium
5) "What's This?" Gifts

Dining
1) Villains' Tavern
2) Louis' Crab Shack
3) The Poisoned Apple
4) Yzma's Potion Bar

Mythos
11) Maze of the Minotaur
12) Cerberus
13) Temple of Hades FP
14) Hercules--the Muse-ical!
15) Circus Maximus
16) The Pantheon
17) Atlantis: The Lost Empire FP
18) Atlantean Palace
19) Aquarium

Shopping
1) The Agora
2) Atlantean Goods

Dining
1) The Agora
2) Research Bay

San Fransokyo
20) Big Hero 6: The Adventure FP
21) Microbot Coaster

Shopping
1) Institute Gifts

Dining
1) Lucky Cat Cafe

StarPort
22) Xandar Rocket Testing FP
23) Pilots' Academy FP
24) Star Wars Saga Theater
25) StarShuttle to Lucasland
26) Settlement Theater

Shopping
1) The Market

Dining
1) Starlite Diner
2) Shooting Star
3) Droid Factory

Discovery Outpost

27) S.E.A. Observatory
28) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
29) Journey to the Center of the Earth FP

Shopping
1) Nautilus Gifts

Dining
1) Prometheus Restaurant

Entertainment
  • The Legend of Mythica
  • Spirit of Adventure Parade
  • The Secret of the Beanstalk
Well, there we have it--all five theme parks of the Walt Disney World Resort. But don't think for a moment that the fun isn't over yet! We're still gonna do a whole bunch of stuff--from visiting water parks, to checking out what's new at Disney Springs, to riding the monorail and even just kicking back and watching the resort TV loop.

So stay tuned--because more Disney fun is coming your way!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom