Trip Report A WDW and Disney Dream Foodbauchery Report-Sept.23-28. COMPLETED

General Itinerary:
WDW
Sept.23-25
Cruise
Sept.25-29

My trip started at 2:45 AM on Saturday the 23rd to catch a 6 AM flight out of Philly. Perhaps you are thinking early morning flights are good, because you can get to the parks sooner. But that was not the case. I had to fly to Chicago (Go Sox!) and then to Orlando. I think there was 4 hours of flying time involved. I don't even remember the flight to Chicago. The things I will do for a $67 one way fare.

For the two nights before the cruise, I stayed with the lovely @Tiggerish at Bay Lake Tower. I waited for her at MCO and we took the DME to BLT together.

I took these photos with my phone, so kindly bear with me. :)

IMG_0866.JPG

IMG_1805.JPG

View from room
IMG_1806.JPG

That night we had dinner at Narcoossee's. I had the butter-poached lobster. I split it with someone because I was staring down the barrel at a week of food, food, and more food and I wanted to pace myself. Since I split the meal, it did not arrive with the best presentation, so I forwent the food photo. I did enjoy it, though. We also ordered a side of the mashed potatoes. OMG. I had to move them away from me, because they were so delicious. They were the perfect amalgamation of cheese, bacon, butter, green onions and potatoes.

But the evening was not over, we had an Illuminations cruise. We met at the Yacht Club marina to board a "luxe pontoon" for a 90 minute cruise around the wonder of Crescent Lake. Our "captain" gave us a narration of the resorts on Crescent Lake and information about the gondolas. Our pontoon was loaded with cold soft drinks, Frito Lay products and a small selection of cookies. Some how, a bag of Cheetos jumped into my purse. :cautious:

IMG_1834.JPG

IMG_1818.JPG

IMG_1811.JPG

Shortly before Illuminations was due to begin, we moored next to the other pontoons just on the other side of the bridge between the UK and France.

IMG_1822.JPG

I didn't take very good photos of the fireworks, so I will omit them. I am glad I got to experience this, but I wasn't crazy about the vantage point of my beloved Illuminations. I enjoyed the company and that was what made it worthwhile. :)

Because I'd been awake since 2:45 AM, I was struggling to stay awake. I got into a Lyft at Yacht Club and was promptly whisked away to BLT where I effortlessly fell asleep to face another day of foodbauchery. The following day was Brunch at California Grill and Food & Wine...:eek:

Sans Souci

Original Poster
Palo: The second most anticipated food event

Palo is one of two up charge and adult only restaurants on the Dream, other is Remy. It features northern Italian cuisine. They also have an awesome brunch.

I always have a hard time choosing what to eat when I dine here, everything looks so good. They do start out with antipasto

This was my starter: This is gnocchi with kale and tomatoes in a tomato sauce. The gnocchi themselves were light, ethereal. The tomato sauce was flat, but my god, the gnocchi made up for such mediocrity. *kisses bunched finger tips and spreads them forward*
IMG_0917.JPG

I typically get the big eye tuna when I ate here, but I decided to throw caution to the wind and order scallops. They were cooked perfectly, there was a bit of sand here and there, which is exactly why I rarely order scallops. It was delicious, though
IMG_0918.JPG

They removed my beloved Grand Marnier soufflé, but they replaced it with an Amaretto one! The little scoop of ice cream in the center is espresso flavored.
IMG_0919.JPG

Our server also brought out many desserts to for us to sample. Then she brought out some sgroppino in a shot glass as an digestif.
IMG_0920.JPG

It was also pirate night, so I milled around looking at people dressed up as pirates. It was also fireworks night and you could see the other cruise ships getting closer to ours, so they could watch them, too.

When I came back to the stateroom, I found this on the bed...
IMG_0921.JPG

My roommate and I were trying to figure out what this is. An alien? A Rastafarian? An octopus?

Coming up: Day at sea featuring my much awaited champagne brunch at Remy! :geek:

Sans Souci

Original Poster
Day at Sea
Sept. 28

I had been waiting for this day as if it was Christmas. It is the Champagne Brunch at Remy. I didn't want to spoil my appetite, so I didn't eat breakfast. I spent the morning drinking cold brew coffee at one of the adult pools. I love Remy for dinner, but to do this brunch, Palo and Remy dinner is just too much food in a four night cruise. When they are ready for you, they take you to a small room where you are given a glass of champagne and a small plate of Serrano ham. A chef walks in for a brief lecture about food. Typically, I like learning about foods and do so in my own time, but I was really hungry and wearing high heels. This guy was the chef version of Ben Stein in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. He was asking questions about pigs in France and Italy and the types of ham they produce. Then he went over the entire menu. I was going to gnaw my forearm off. Finally, we were taken to a semi private room in the back.

Then, joy of joys, the truffle brioche bread came out and all was right with the world again. Our waiter also presented us with our menu.
IMG_0925.JPG

So, the first champagne they brought out is the Cuvée Rosé
IMG_0926.JPG

And we were presented with ravioli filled with fontina and and egg yolk "espuma." I put it quotes, because the egg yolk doesn't look to foamy to me. I was lukewarm about this.
IMG_0927.JPG

The next course was lobster and caviar.
IMG_0928.JPG

Then another glass of champagne for the next two courses:
IMG_0930.JPG

Finally, my favorite dish came out. The halibut with a Thai-type sauce with a potato puree. I love this so much and I will be gutted if the ever remove this from the menu. The potato puree is pure bliss. I love the plate. It is evocative of ripples of water and bubbles.
IMG_0929.JPG

Here is Korobuta pork topped with a quail egg and some bacon.
fullsizeoutput_638.jpeg

Then the final glass of champagne Moet Ice. I think I heard or read somewhere that this was developed for the North American market because of our love of icy drinks? I don't care for it. I think putting ice cubes in champagne is weird. :hilarious:
IMG_0933.JPG

And finally, our dessert, Paris-Brest. I am not a big desert person, but OMG, I was sad when this was gone. I know this should be served as a ring, but it didn't matter to me.
fullsizeoutput_639.jpeg

Before you leave they present a plate of canelés.
IMG_0934.JPG

To be continued...

Last edited:

Sans Souci

Original Poster
When I was leaving Remy, I got a photo of its name sake
IMG_0935.JPG

Just a note to the ladies, if you need to visit the restroom while dining here, a young man will seemingly materialize out of nowhere to take you arm in arm to the front of the restaurant. Now some of you might enjoy this, I don't like it. So, your options are take off like a bat out of hell or wait until you are finished with dinner.

After that, I went to my room, turned on The Little Mermaid and entered a food coma. I think I was supposed to go to a Mixology class, but I'd reached my alcohol limit for day. I slept for quite a while.

And finally, it was my last dinner at Enchanted Garden.

My starter of Ahi Tuna and Avocado Tower (which was a bit skimpy on the avocado.):cautious:

IMG_0940.JPG

My main of Pork Tenderloin on Rosti with a mushroom-cognac sauce, that I couldn't finish. Seriously, I think dinner was too ambitious after that brunch.
fullsizeoutput_650.jpeg

And finally I ordered dessert, because I would decline dessert after dinner in the main dining rooms. He cajoled me into ordering something and when I did, he high fived me. Not only that, when we were saying good bye to him, he shook everyone's hand, but mine. I got a high five, like a kid. :rolleyes: This was an orange yogurt cake. It was actually pretty good. It had a dense, but creamy texture and it wasn't overly sweet. There was a rod of panna cotta on the side and it went so well with the cake.
fullsizeoutput_686.jpeg

And that was my final dinner on the Dream! I basically went back to my room to pack and I went to sleep. I blame it on the all of the champagne. Our final towel creature:
IMG_0943.JPG

I got up early, got ready, bid everyone an Irish goodbye and went down to the atrium to wait for customs to clear the ship. Then I boarded a bus to MCO and that was that.

I really enjoyed myself, as I always do. I was super tired this cruise and I don't know why. In writing this, I see how much I missed going dancing at night. But I was always completely knackered at night. I hope I am more alert on subsequent cruises. :)

EDIT: For the person who is angry with me because I did not take his suggestion on how I should format my TR. I was ill this week and I found out the other day my grandmother has been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. But you telling me you stopped following along because I didn't take your advice had me going through a box of Kleenex nightly. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That Champagne Brunch looked so elegant! Thanks for the photos and commentary. Not sure if I've seen any other reports about this dining experience, so your impressions really held my interest.

Sans Souci

Original Poster
That Champagne Brunch looked so elegant! Thanks for the photos and commentary. Not sure if I've seen any other reports about this dining experience, so your impressions really held my interest.

Thanks for following along. I love the Champagne brunch it is a "must do" for me now. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom