A Walt animatron?

Woody13

Mecha Figment said:
if they did make one , they'd have to put a cigarette in his hand to make it accurate. He was a cronic smoker. it's what killed him. I mean the man had three ash trays on his desk ( in the exhibit at mgm)
Walt smoked unfiltered Lucky Strikes (LSMFT) for most of his life. When he became more affluent, he started smoking Gitanes (a strong French cigarette). He picked up the addiction in France during WWI.

Merlin

Account Suspended
PintoColvig said:
Of course, they will make an AA of Walt someday. They're going to need a body to put his thawed out brain in someday. :D

Then hopefully it will have super strength so he can go around and personally demolish all the things Walt would have hated.

Dragonrider1227

It would be neat at first, but in the long run it'd seem kinda cheap to make him an attraction. Frankly, I'm not sure he'd approve of "One man's dream" XD So if he said specificly he didn't want one, then they shouldn't.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Maybe they could remove the Yeti and replace it with Walt. :lol:

Oh wait...if they removed the Yeti, hardly anyone would probably notice anyway....since you barely even see the Yeti now! :lol:

aeillill

Dragonrider1227 said:
It would be neat at first, but in the long run it'd seem kinda cheap to make him an attraction. Frankly, I'm not sure he'd approve of "One man's dream" XD So if he said specificly he didn't want one, then they shouldn't.

I can understand why they have "One Man's Dream" though since a lot of people aren't even aware that Walt is a real person it has a purpose, an AA would just be beyond what is necessary IMO

Dragonrider1227

aeillill said:
I can understand why they have "One Man's Dream" though since a lot of people aren't even aware that Walt is a real person it has a purpose, an AA would just be beyond what is necessary IMO
good point.

CThaddeus

I'd have to disagree with most of the postings here. I think, done tastefully, a show about Walt's life using state-of-the-art audio-animatronics would be quite amazing. Notice I said "tastefully." I think Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln at Disneyland is one of the best shows ever created by Disney, but the recent update (fortunately not playing during the 50th) is an abysmal Sounds Dangerous! with Honest Abe. This is what can happen if you don't truly respect the subject you're supposed to be honoring.
Similarly, a show about Walt's life could be wonderful, if for no other reason than to make sure no one ever forgets that it was all started by Walt...not just a mouse (or a corporation). Kids need to know he was a real person, and while the One Man's Dream attraction is a great tribute, I think an audio-animatronic show would be even better. Of course, they would have to use his actual voice. I'm thinking maybe it could open with Walt sitting on his desk, similar to the way he introduced many Wonderful World of Disney/Color/etc. episodes. He'd then narrate the story of his life, with curtains and/or scrims opening to reveal scenes from his childhood, his early years, the Studios years, and the theme park years.
Maybe non-Disneyphiles wouldn't find this as interesting as I do, but enough people seem to like One Man's Dream that I believe it would have an audience. I know Walt didn't want an audio-animatronic of himself made, but then he didn't want cotton candy or ferris wheels in his parks, either. At least this could be a good way to go against Walt's wishes. He might even approve...not that I want to start that kind of thread again.

PintoColvig

I think it's just a matter of time before we see a Walt AA though I don't expect to see it any time soon. By then, the family will have even less influence on the company and there will be few around who actually knew him personally. If and when they do it, it will probably be in a small theater type situation where the audience is fairly close to the AA. So, I hope they wait until the next generation or two of AAs come so that a close up look at the AA Walt will look prettty darn authentic when it speaks.

WDWFREAK53

Wait, so what is One Man's Dream? I mean, if he didn't want to be immortalized in an attraction, I think they went the exact opposite way of his wishes with that attraction.

Also...he is in Spaceship Earth too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom