A Twist In Time

tcool123

Original Poster
Challenge 7 - Ever After!
Reviews

Fantasia Gardens by Magic Feather

Right off the bat I like how you included a map into your proposal allowing for me to better visualize how the land all fits in together. I like the concept for the Fantasia Canal Boats, and I like how you foreshadow something sinister at Night on Bald Mountain. The canal boats seems like a well rounded experience, and a fun addition to Fantasyland. The Night of Bald Mountain attraction however seems to be lcking something, perhaps a plot? Like why are we venturing up the mountain, but it sounds like a thrilling attraction that would help spread out the crowds that beeline for the three mountains. What leaves me a bit confused is why you would have an interactive queue in a flat ride instead of the E-Ticket of the expansion. With that said the flat ride sounds like a fun and thrilling experience that could easily be the favorite of a family. Overall the idea of a Fantasia attraction is great but when put together in one land it may sound odd however you were able to pull it off.

The Emperor's New Groove by spacemt354

Right off the bat this is an unlikely expansion of any sort, even though it is a cult classic I don't see Disney exactly rushing to use this IP anywhere. There's also the fact that this IP is better fitted for an Adventureland expansion given the fact they already have Yzma in Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom over there. The timeline is also a bit vague is it set during or after the events of the film? It reads as if it is the former, but the setup sounds like the latter. Either the way the ride sounds like a lot of fun. Storytime with Kronk sounds like a fun little diversion, but it would probably fit better at Animal Kingdom. Overall your concept is great, but just in the wrong land and/or park.

Wonderland by IDInstitute

I love the fact you use a website to present your concept it gives your presentation a more unique feel. The restaurant is a fun idea, but I wish you would've included a quick service option as well as Alice in Wonderland has a lot of potential for great themed dining that could potentially rival that of Potter. However that did not shine through as you didn't really provide a menu for your table service/buffet. I think the inclusion of the labyrinth was a great idea, and would be a fun thing to do to get away from the crowds for a bit. Ummmm Dumb and Dumber? Who are they? I believe there called Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum ;) The E - Ticket had potential, but unfortunately it just sounds like a copy of the Disneyland ride with some plusing and a new trackless system. With that said out of the four proposals this is by far the most realistic proposal.

Agrabah by TheOriginalTiki

Escape from the Cave Wonders sounds like a great E - Ticket to incorporate into the expansion, and it is a well rounded experience. For the second ride the ride vehicle of choice is a bit odd, but nonetheless it is a fun and engaging ride that I could easily see being a family favorite. Incorporating the thrill of Pirates, but the familiarity of Aladdin. However I do have wonder why Iago had to disguise himself as a parrot seeing as he is already a parrot :cyclops::rolleyes::p Besides that oddity the ride sounds like a fun, but on does have to wonder why A Whole New World was not included it's one of the most memorable songs of the film, and even though the main song may not fit into the ride, the reprise could fit. I like haw you added more immersion through the adding of the bazaar, but it is a shame that you didn't include a single restaurant in the new expansion.

Results

The Winnings
4. spacemt354 - 1 +.25 (Whom had 38 points)
3. Magic Feather - 2 + .25 (Whom had 34.5 points)
2. IDInstitute - 3 + 0.5 (Whom had 22 points)
1. TheOriginalTiki - 4 + 1 (Whom had 20 Points)

Total Points
4. TheOriginalTiki - 25
3. IDInstitute - 25.5
2. Magic Feather - 36.75
1. spacemt354 - 39.25

It is with a heavy heart that I bid farewell to @TheOriginalTiki :(. It was great having you and all your concepts were really great. Except for the first one which was unfortunately unfinished, but it had the makings to be something grand.

Magic Feather

Reviews

Fantasia Gardens by Magic Feather

Right off the bat I like how you included a map into your proposal allowing for me to better visualize how the land all fits in together. I like the concept for the Fantasia Canal Boats, and I like how you foreshadow something sinister at Night on Bald Mountain. The canal boats seems like a well rounded experience, and a fun addition to Fantasyland. The Night of Bald Mountain attraction however seems to be lcking something, perhaps a plot? Like why are we venturing up the mountain, but it sounds like a thrilling attraction that would help spread out the crowds that beeline for the three mountains. What leaves me a bit confused is why you would have an interactive queue in a flat ride instead of the E-Ticket of the expansion. With that said the flat ride sounds like a fun and thrilling experience that could easily be the favorite of a family. Overall the idea of a Fantasia attraction is great but when put together in one land it may sound odd however you were able to pull it off.

The Emperor's New Groove by spacemt354

Right off the bat this is an unlikely expansion of any sort, even though it is a cult classic I don't see Disney exactly rushing to use this IP anywhere. There's also the fact that this IP is better fitted for an Adventureland expansion given the fact they already have Yzma in Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom over there. The timeline is also a bit vague is it set during or after the events of the film? It reads as if it is the former, but the setup sounds like the latter. Either the way the ride sounds like a lot of fun. Storytime with Kronk sounds like a fun little diversion, but it would probably fit better at Animal Kingdom. Overall your concept is great, but just in the wrong land and/or park.

Wonderland by IDInstitute

I love the fact you use a website to present your concept it gives your presentation a more unique feel. The restaurant is a fun idea, but I wish you would've included a quick service option as well as Alice in Wonderland has a lot of potential for great themed dining that could potentially rival that of Potter. However that did not shine through as you didn't really provide a menu for your table service/buffet. I think the inclusion of the labyrinth was a great idea, and would be a fun thing to do to get away from the crowds for a bit. Ummmm Dumb and Dumber? Who are they? I believe there called Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum ;) The E - Ticket had potential, but unfortunately it just sounds like a copy of the Disneyland ride with some plusing and a new trackless system. With that said out of the four proposals this is by far the most realistic proposal.

Agrabah by TheOriginalTiki

Escape from the Cave Wonders sounds like a great E - Ticket to incorporate into the expansion, and it is a well rounded experience. For the second ride the ride vehicle of choice is a bit odd, but nonetheless it is a fun and engaging ride that I could easily see being a family favorite. Incorporating the thrill of Pirates, but the familiarity of Aladdin. However I do have wonder why Iago had to disguise himself as a parrot seeing as he is already a parrot :cyclops::rolleyes::p Besides that oddity the ride sounds like a fun, but on does have to wonder why A Whole New World was not included it's one of the most memorable songs of the film, and even though the main song may not fit into the ride, the reprise could fit. I like haw you added more immersion through the adding of the bazaar, but it is a shame that you didn't include a single restaurant in the new expansion.

Results

The Winnings
4. spacemt354 - 1 +.25 (Whom had 38 points)
3. Magic Feather - 2 + .25 (Whom had 34.5 points)
2. IDInstitute - 3 + 0.5 (Whom had 22 points)
1. TheOriginalTiki - 4 + 1 (Whom had 20 Points)

Total Points
4. TheOriginalTiki - 25
3. IDInstitute - 25.5
2. Magic Feather - 36.75
1. spacemt354 - 39.25

It is with a heavy heart that I bid farewell to @TheOriginalTiki :(. It was great having you and all your concepts were really great. Except for the first one which was unfortunately unfinished, but it had the makings to be something grand.
Great Job to Everyone! Can't wait for the final prompt.

tcool123

Original Poster
With that said @TheOriginalTiki if it would like, I would love for you to return for the team finale! :D
Currently we have
@AimYourBrent
@Brer Robbie
@MonorailRed
@kmbmw777
on board, and it would be great if you would join us. :D

Furthermore if anyone else that wasn't a part of the competition woud like to be a part of the finale just volunteer, and you too can help the final three in the finale. :D

In fact I would like to tag some people who showed interest at the beginning, but unfortunately didn't sign up/were caught up with life.

@Poe Dameron
@DlpPhantom
@mickeyfan5534
@JokersWild
@Figments Friend
@TwilightZone

tcool123

Original Poster
When will the final project begin? :)
Tomorrow :D

In the meantime here's a hint as to what the last challenge may involve one or more of the following concepts:

gemini.jpg

TheOriginalTiki

Well, I suck as a player. I don't want to come back as a team member because I'll just drag everyone down. Seriously, beat out by a half a point? That REALLY sucks on my end. :( :(

I'm a terrible Imagineer. None of my concepts ever made it off the ground except the Great Wall/Dragons ride for World Showcase. That was the one time I can say I actually designed something that was, you know..Good. No, I'm not going to participate in the team portion because whoever has me on their team is destined to fail. I'm sorry I wasted everyone's time by competing in this. :(

spacemt354

Chili's
Well, I suck as a player. I don't want to come back as a team member because I'll just drag everyone down. Seriously, beat out by a half a point? That REALLY sucks on my end. :( :(

I'm a terrible Imagineer. None of my concepts ever made it off the ground except the Great Wall/Dragons ride for World Showcase. That was the one time I can say I actually designed something that was, you know..Good. No, I'm not going to participate in the team portion because whoever has me on their team is destined to fail. I'm sorry I wasted everyone's time by competing in this. :(
Geez dude, why does this happen at the end of every competition?

All of this is false and overexaggerated. Im sorry you lost by half a point, but that doesnt take away from the fact that you won multiple rounds and tried your best. Thats all you can ask for. :)

TheOriginalTiki

Loosing by half a point LITERALLY means that all the work I put in is a waste of time. That is all. I suck as a player and my ideas are horrible. Like I said the one project I did this season that actually didn't suck beyond belief is the Great Wall project. Other than that every concept and idea I had was pure trash and ended up at the bottom of the rankings. I have no idea how I even got this far.

spacemt354

Chili's
Loosing by half a point LITERALLY means that all the work I put in is a waste of time. That is all. I suck as a player and my ideas are horrible. Like I said the one project I did this season that actually didn't suck beyond belief is the Great Wall project. Other than that every concept and idea I had was pure trash and ended up at the bottom of the rankings. I have no idea how I even got this far.
Im sorry you feel that way. But again this just isnt true.

And frankly it doesnt make any sense either.

TheOriginalTiki

Im sorry you feel that way. But again this just isnt true.

And frankly it doesnt make any sense either.

Look at the rankings. I got last place or towards last place for EVERY.SINGLE.PROJECT except Great Wall. It's embarassing that I even made it this far and for that reason I absolutely REFUSE to participate in the final project because I know my terrible ideas will just drag whatever team I'm on down.

spacemt354

Chili's
Look at the rankings. I got last place or towards last place for EVERY.SINGLE.PROJECT except Great Wall. It's embarassing that I even made it this far and for that reason I absolutely REFUSE to participate in the final project because I know my terrible ideas will just drag whatever team I'm on down.
I did look at the rankings, and thats 100% not true.

Youve won 2 rounds (including this past one) and were not ranked last in every other one.

I hope in the end you realize this. And again, its all for fun.

TheOriginalTiki

Well even if I did get first this challenge, I still got eliminated. So tell me, what the hell was the POINT of me even doing that challenge to begin with if I was just going to be bumped out by half a point. Seems like something @tcool123 could have clarified...It seems to me like going into this challenge I literally had ZERO mathematical chance of actually making it to the finals, and that is just super frustrating to go out that way even if you got first place in the round you're eliminated in. :( :(

kmbmw777

Well even if I did get first this challenge, I still got eliminated. So tell me, what the hell was the POINT of me even doing that challenge to begin with if I was just going to be bumped out by half a point. Seems like something @tcool123 could have clarified...It seems to me like going into this challenge I literally had ZERO mathematical chance of actually making it to the finals, and that is just super frustrating to go out that way even if you got first place in the round you're eliminated in. :( :(
Well you could have stayed. It depeded on id institutes placing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom