A Twist In Time

TheOriginalTiki

Oh wow, I really didn't expect to get first place considering I did all my formatting and presentation stuff at literally the last minute. Thanks @tcool123, really glad you liked it :)

@IDInstitute I was legitimately worried about being eliminated this round and now I'm in the top three overall. The whole point of the ranking system is to encourage people to give it their all and I'm really liking this comp for that reason!

spacemt354

Chili's
Oh wow, I really didn't expect to get first place considering I did all my formatting and presentation stuff at literally the last minute. Thanks @tcool123, really glad you liked it :)

@IDInstitute I was legitimately worried about being eliminated this round and now I'm in the top three overall. The whole point of the ranking system is to encourage people to give it their all and I'm really liking this comp for that reason!
You should have more faith in your concepts. They are better than you think.

And on that note...yeah I'm glad I signed up for this...the format is definitely more my style. :D (Despite team comps being my personal favorite)

DinoInstitute

My thinking is just though as the amount of people widdles down, less points will be awarded overall, so they might be less change in the rankings. But that's true! I too am loving this different format, it's a fun new thing to try out and so far it seems successful!
Now, hopefully I get out of last:p;)

TheOriginalTiki

You should have more faith in your concepts. They are better than you think.

And on that note...yeah I'm glad I signed up for this...the format is definitely more my style. :D (Despite team comps being my personal favorite)

I definitely had faith in my concept this time around, it was the visual component that worried me since I've always been a writer more than an artist and the art this time around was really great. Overall though this project really has me hyped up for the rest of the comp! :)

tcool123

Original Poster
I feel like we're gonna get to a point soon where the people ahead will have too many points for it to be possible to win enough to survive:p
I have plans ;)
(I'm assuming you're working on it @tcool123 ) But keeping with the tradition question after the results are release.....

When will the next challenge be? :p
After Crazy Ex Girlfriend S2 Premiere Ends

The next challenge shouldn't be too hard, just come with an empty stomach ;)

tcool123

Original Poster
Challenge 5 – Be Our Guest!
Singular Elimination Challenge

img717.jpg
3e3e02e0.jpg

Hello Imagineers, please come in and listen to our tale. The year? Late 2012. The issue? New Fantasyland. In our timeline we know it is Beauty and the Beast that was built in the late nineties. With the New Fantasyland enhancements The Mad Tea Party was rethemed to a Mrs. Potts Tea Cups Ride, Chesire Cafe became a reincarnated Lumiere's Kitchen, and Belle's Meet and Greet was built where Pooh's is in our timeline. Now your probably thinking "What's with the backstory!" well that's simple it's a set up!

This round is to retheme Mrs. Pott's Cupboard (currently Storybook Treats) and Lumiere's Kitchen (currently Friar's Nook). You can retheme both counter services to any theme you want as long as it is not currently present in our timeline's Fantasyland (hence the backstory), you can assume the Belle's Village area in our timeline was also built for some reason. The theme may be different for each location, and it may be IP based or an original.

Along with coming up for a new theme for both counter services, you are tasked with coming up with a menu with a similar length to that present now in those locations. The menus:
Storybook Treats
Friar's Nook

The final regulation is that the IP must have existed prior to the beginning of 2012.

You may use as many pictures as wanted, and as many sentences as needed. Due by Thursday, October 27th at 11:59 PM.

If you have any questions, be free to ask them :D

One last thing I may have one last trick or treat planned for this challenge. I guess you'll just have to find out ;)

spacemt354

Chili's
If you have any questions, be free to ask them :D
I do indeed:bookworm:

If I'm understanding correctly, in this scenario... a Beauty and the Beast makeover took place in the 1990s. In the makeover, Mad Tea Party, Cheshire Cafe, Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Storybook Treats, and the Friar's Nook were all themed to Beauty and the Beast.

And our goal, in late 2012, is to take the 1990s BatB themed versions of Storybook Treats and the Friar's Nook, and theme them to something else? If that's the prompt (that's my first question), then my second question is:

- Are all New Fantasyland plans still the same or can we change any?

Also @IDInstitute thinks he has ocd....as do I...:p

There are 10 letters italicized and scattered throughout the prompt. When you extract them out...it spells this...(Idk if it's a subliminal message...or a clue to the prompt...but)o_O
m u p p e t l a n d

DinoInstitute

If I'm understanding correctly, in this scenario... a Beauty and the Beast makeover took place in the 1990s. In the makeover, Mad Tea Party, Cheshire Cafe, Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Storybook Treats, and the Friar's Nook were all themed to Beauty and the Beast.

And our goal, in late 2012, is to take the 1990s BatB themed versions of Storybook Treats and the Friar's Nook, and theme them to something else? If that's the prompt (that's my first question), then my second question is:

There are 10 letters italicized and scattered throughout the prompt. When you extract them out...it spells this...(Idk if it's a subliminal message...or a clue to the prompt...but)o_O
:eek::bookworm:

I have a follow up question to this on how the timeline works... Back from in challenge one when we did the ride replacement, are we to assume any of those are currently in pooh's place, or is Pooh still there?

The whole backstory has me very confused :p

So... the BatB themes just replaced those restaurants in 2012 for NFL... and now we're turning around and retheming them again that same year? Jeesh, the public's reaction must have been harsh! :p

Last edited:

kmbmw777

I have a follow up question to this on how the timeline works... Back from in challenge one when we did the ride replacement, are we to assume any of those are currently in pooh's place, or is Pooh still there?

So... the BatB themes just replaced those restaurants in 2012 for NFL... and now we're turning around and retheming them again that same year? Jeesh, the public's reaction must have been harsh! :p
I believe the beauty and the beast make over occurred in the 1990s because of the results from project one

tcool123

Original Poster

1. Yes the make over happened, but you are retheming Mrs Pitts and Lumiere's Kitchen not our timelines counterpart of Friar and Storybook.

2. For the sake of simplicity yes all the NFL plans are the same. However Pooh and Alice have no presence in Fantasyland.

3. The italicize letters have been in nearly every prompt. So yeah I'm surprised now is when its brought up. It's a hint for the next challenge could be.

Pooh is not present in Fantasyland not Alice. And the Batb restaurant are from the 90s, you'll be replacing them with a new theme. I named the counterparts in our timeline in case you didn't know where they were.

I believe the beauty and the beast make over occurred in the 1990s because of the results from project one
Correct!

Any more questions, ask a way :D

spacemt354

Chili's
1. Yes the make over happened, but you are retheming Mrs Pitts and Lumiere's Kitchen not our timelines counterpart of Friar and Storybook.

2. For the sake of simplicity yes all the NFL plans are the same. However Pooh and Alice have no presence in Fantasyland.

3. The italicize letters have been in nearly every prompt. So yeah I'm surprised now is when its brought up. It's a hint for the next challenge could be.

Pooh is not present in Fantasyland not Alice. And the Batb restaurant are from the 90s, you'll be replacing them with a new theme. I named the counterparts in our timeline in case you didn't know where they were.

Correct!

Any more questions, ask a way :D
Yes i still do haha thanks for answering the former questions.

Are we to assume the two counter service places have the same facade design despite their overlays in the 90s in our scenario? have they changed? Because Storybook Treats actually was Mrs Potts Cupboard before 2010s...and really the only major thing that changed was the sign/theme.

So my overarching question is...if all 7 of us have a short and similar menu, and to be realistic, dont go overboard changing the facade, wont we all have similar projects? o_OOr am i just missing something :bored::p

tcool123

Original Poster
Are we to assume the two counter service places have the same facade design despite their overlays in the 90s in our scenario? have they changed? Because Storybook Treats actually was Mrs Potts Cupboard before 2010s...and really the only major thing that changed was the sign/theme.
You may assume the former.
So my overarching question is...if all 7 of us have a short and similar menu, and to be realistic, dont go overboard changing the facade, wont we all have similar projects? o_OOr am i just missing something :bored::p
It really just comes down to the uniqueness of the menu. The menu doesn't have to be similar to what is on it now, but rather the a similar length with one or two extra or less items. That is simply in place due to the size of the restaurants, and for those who have never seen it to know what they're working with. I provided the menus so it would be easy to check the length and varieties on the menu so you would know what the restaurants could be capable of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom