A Twist In Time 2 : Discussion Thread

tcool123

Original Poster
@tcool123 hope you enjoyed this and stay safe over the weekend! It won't be 'everyday bro' with posting this weekend -- but at least we reached the goal:bookworm:
Saw a comparison photo of Andrew and Irma. Nearly crapped my pants, Irma is like three times Andrew's size. Not sure what'll be left when I get back to my apartment, but it sure won't be pretty. Going North instead of Sout now to my grandparents' house instead of my aunt's. So that's a plus. I also instead of going deeper in the zones of mandatory evacuations I'm staying in Zone E, the last zone. The safest zone besides no zone.
https://docs.google.com/viewerng/vi...71361392.ece/binary/evacuationzonemap2013.pdf
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/we...hurricane-shelter-map-20170602-htmlstory.html

On a serious note, all you imagineers hunkered down in FL stay safe. My folks are in Cape Canaveral now on vacation and heading to Otown tomorrow. Hopefully things slide by. Looks like here in the carolinas we might get a smaller dose of this in a few days.

On an imagineering note, will be interesting to see how Pandora and the construction at DHS hold up with the weather.

This btw is pretty wild

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dr-gridlock/wp/2017/09/06/this-delta-flight-flew-into-and-out-of-san-juan-defying-irma/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_irma809pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.442ee9b17533
Yo send me tickets I can stay with your fam at Disney. Literally anywhere North is better than here.

spacemt354

Chili's
Saw a comparison photo of Andrew and Irma. Nearly crapped my pants, Irma is like three times Andrew's size. Not sure what'll be left when I get back to my apartment, but it sure won't be pretty. Going North instead of Sout now to my grandparents' house instead of my aunt's. So that's a plus. I also instead of going deeper in the zones of mandatory evacuations I'm staying in Zone E, the last zone. The safest zone besides no zone.
https://docs.google.com/viewerng/vi...71361392.ece/binary/evacuationzonemap2013.pdf
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/we...hurricane-shelter-map-20170602-htmlstory.html

Yo send me tickets I can stay with your fam at Disney. Literally anywhere North is better than here.
Oh gesh - well good thing you are going north. Let's just hope it keeps pushing out to the ocean. Every day has been further and further out.

Suchomimus

1344efc69fe218b4e0e6a3ffb499f894--funny-spongebob-quotes-spongebob-schwammkopf.jpg
9wsn3er6c5wy.jpg

tcool123

Original Poster
Oh gesh - well good thing you are going north. Let's just hope it keeps pushing out to the ocean. Every day has been further and further out.
I mean at this point im going to be affected no matter how far it goes. The question is how much damage Irma is gonna do. At this point I cant wait to hear that I have to go back to school on such and such day.

tcool123

Original Poster
You know what we need in September?

Disney has finally announced what they plan to replace the beloved Osborne Family Lights! May I present you to Sunset Seasons Greetings! This show will be projected on TOT continuously. It will feature a nostalgic Mickey and Minnie, Toy Story Characters figuring out what new toy has arrived, Sweedish Chef constructing a gingerbread house, and a Frozen musical spectacular featuring Olaf.

Holidays-at-Disneys-Hollywood-Studios_Full_31131.jpg

Also coming during this Flurry of Fun. Are a seasonal overlay for the Frozen Sing-A-long show featuring songs from Olaf's Frozen Adventure, and for the first time Olaf's appearance in the show. Echo Lake will also be receiving enhanced Christmas decor, including a large christmas tree sitting on the lake.

Happy Holidays everyone!

(what to early? :confused::rolleyes::p)

D Hulk

Question of the Day - Friday September 8th
On the subject of early holidays --- What's your favorite holiday?

I'm partial to Thanksgiving just because it continually is overlooked.
Agreed on Thanksgiving! I love to mesquite rotisserie the turkey on my Weber while also preparing the rest of the meal.

Totally OT, I've just completed my first partial day in Hong Kong. Did a nighttime harbor junk tour, and could actually see the Disneyland fireworks on a distant island! Going there on Monday.
IMG_2952.JPG

tcool123

Original Poster
You have no idea how hyped I was about this!! Since it was added on Tuesday I have watched it 5 times... It is handy wen you have nice long breaks in the middle of your school day :D
I was so hyped to, when I found out Newsies was added my heaet soares. Kinda helps in my case that I only had one day of school this week. So I've had a plan to wach it, and I did. And it was great. :D

AceAstro

If there's one good thing Irma has done is it has forced Disney to take down the tarps allowing for Grand Avenue to be visible.
img_7054-jpg.227621

img_7055-jpg.227622

img_7056-jpg.227623

img_7057-jpg.227624

img_7058-jpg.227625

img_7060-jpg.227626

Photo credit goes to @JenniferS
I saw pictures the other day of it and while I am crushed that it took away a part of Muppets Courtyard (I love the Muppets so loved that they were getting a mini-land), I think this area looks incredible! I love it soooo much!! I can't wait to see it live!

tcool123

Original Poster
Posting some pre hurricane pictures of the neighborhood I'm hunkering down in, incase your interested to what it looks like pre Irma here.These were taken circa 8:45AM 9/9/17. It was raining pretty hard, and thunder when my mom and I awoke at 7:30 AM. After a quick I told you so I put on a hoodie, and began loading food and drinks into the car.

DSCF4043.JPG

DSCF4044.JPG

DSCF4045.JPG

DSCF4046.JPG

DSCF4047.JPG

DSCF4048.JPG

The house next to the yellow caught on fire years ago. They never rebuilt it, and here we are now.
DSCF4049.JPG

DSCF4051.JPG
DSCF4050.JPG

DSCF4052.JPG

Apologies for it being out or order, but here they are

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom