1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

A Twist In Time 2 : Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Imagineer' started by tcool123, Aug 25, 2017.

1. S.P.E.W

S.P.E.W Well-Known Member

The rain's so thick it looks like fog.

StevenU, kmbmw777 and tcool123 like this.
  2. tcool123

tcool123 Well-Known Member Original Poster

When your camera lens are foggy :oops::rolleyes::p

StevenU, kmbmw777 and S.P.E.W like this.
  3. S.P.E.W

My glasses lens are foggy too

StevenU, kmbmw777 and tcool123 like this.
  4. tcool123

Status Update: we have power, we have water. We have food, ee have shutters. Havent checked outside since around 6/7 PM but its raining hard and there is plenty of wind. So much wind. Currently all of Dade County is in tornado watch.

Was talking to my friends. One of them had their house shaking in the wind, and the other had water enteting her door.

Down im Homestead with my cousins, they have power. No floods, and everything fine thete for now. They had a tornado 3 blocks away from there not to long ago.

5. D Hindley

D Hindley Well-Known Member

Wishing everyone the very best of luck weathering Irma. :cry: Stay safe, guys!

I feel like a heel being off on vacation while the World is completely shuttered. Did Ocean Park today, an insane mountainous locals' park. Now I've arrived at Hong Kong Disneyland, which is tomorrow's big adventure! Tonight, rest and dim sum.
    IMG_3267.JPG

6. tcool123

Tcool Update: We still have power. Lights just flickered. We're the last to have power in my family. My cell service is gone at this point cant call nor text. Some pictures below.
    20170910_092816_HDR.jpg 20170910_092822_HDR.jpg

EDIT: Winds have gotten so strong that we can longer go in and out of the house. Water has begun to seep into the house. The palm tree featured in the pictures has begun to shake violently.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  7. AimYourBrent

AimYourBrent Well-Known Member

Dude. Stay safe. I hope you're alright. Thanks for keeping us updated.

spacemt354, D Hindley and tcool123 like this.
  8. tcool123

Tcool Update: All the palm trees are shaking in one direction, and the tallest one continues to shake back and forth. Rain has increased, and the nearby lake has filled up. The streets outside are beginning to flood. Some neighbors have lost some of their fences, a shed in a neighbor's yard has flipped up. Gusts of window occasionally come in through the slits of the windows, and some tiles leak water when you step on them. A nearby stop sign has fallen over, and the street signs are struggling to stay up. I hear some banging I have no clue what it could be, but probably on the back of the house. Power has been flickering on and off the entire day. Longest without power is e seconds. We got lucky more than 80% of Miami-Dade County is without Internet.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  9. tcool123

Tcool Update: It's official my mother and I had made a good decision. 84% of Miami-Dade county residents lost power, and we are a part of the lucky 16% that still have power. However with that said tropical storm winds with hurricane guests are expected till 4 AM Monday. Walked outside a bit, and luckily so far we have access to the roads with only some palm fronds and branches blocking our exit. The only knocked down trees fell down onto sidewalks. There are some collapsed fences, and we haven't seen the damage throughout the neighborhood only the near 6 houses. Currently a curfew is in place 7 PM - 7 AM, and school has been cancelled indefinitely.

In other words I just got very lucky, and going to wait till tomorrow to see if I lose power tonight or not in Irma's final hours here in Miami.

10. tcool123

First off good luck @Magic Feather hopefully Irma treats you as it treated me, in other words very nicely. (Besides the water underneath the floor) Same for you @OvertheHorizon .
    @IDInstitute and @Flippin'Flounder can't forget about the other SoFlo residents. Hopefully you guys are fine up in West Palm.

Finally, just when the coast was clear Jose makes a comeback.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So Jose is making a loop, and one computer model (the Euro) is suggesting it'll make landfall in Southern Florida. True it is still early, but the Euro model predicted Irma landfalling at Naples, Fl. Needless to say Jose will be a storm that has to be watched as at least three of four tracks could end up hitting the Eastern seaboard.

11. tcool123

@David2319 just heard about Atlanta probably going to be affected by Irma. Hopefully you have supplies ready, and I hope all the best for you and your family.

12. S.P.E.W

Did anyone hear about what happened to water in the Bahamas and the Florida Keys? It vanished!
    [​IMG]

spacemt354, kmbmw777 and tcool123 like this.
  13. tcool123

Don't forget Tampa Bay. Not going to be a pretty sight when those waters return. The storm surge in those areas were/will be horrible. Best of wishes to those areas. Curious about the Keys; heard rumblings that the 7 Mile Bridge was damaged, but it hasn't been confirmed.

spacemt354, kmbmw777 and S.P.E.W like this.
  14. mickeyfan5534

mickeyfan5534 Well-Known Member

I hope everyone in the hurricane's path is safe. It's just hitting here in SC so we have a day or two of rain. Thankfully it's been downgraded to Category 1 and we're only getting the outer rim.

15. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much! How's it down in Miami? I have family there and they were sparred! Family is up with us from Jacksonville. Patiently waiting here to see how bad it will get, so far so good, but school was canceled.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  16. Disney Dad 3000

Disney Dad 3000 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you are doing ok so far. Stay safe the next few days.
    My mom and sis checked in with me a few times last night from Orange Lake Resort by WDW and sounds like they are ok. Just no power since late last night.
    Best of luck to you as well @David2319
    We were supposed to get that our way in Charlotte until a few days ago, but looks like you have a good drenching your way.

17. tcool123

Been traveling around Miami; saw my apartment, and visited my mom's work. Here are pictures of damage throughout my area of Miami, including parts of the historic Calle Ocho.I'll start with the neighborhood of the house I have been staying in.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Next two photos are of the same tree.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The tree was touching the second story shutters on the house it was planted at.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    More photos coming shortly, there's a bunch. These photos were taken while riding in my mom's car to our apartment, and her workplace. It was a three hour endeavor with a third of that time spent just getting to her job that is normally a 10 minute drive.

18. tcool123

Get ready for the photos for the drive to the apartment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Love this photo - pretty comical how this sign is. Lowkey hope it stays like that.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Up ahead are two photos depicting the most convenient fallen trees. Essentially they fell in a way to ensure a perfect S-bend was created so we could get through.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The apartment was the only one in the area to not have received any damage. However the power was out, and water leaked into my mom's room through a window that was previously cracked. Luckily she covered it up with cardboard, and the cardboard was soiled instead of the carpet.Get ready for the next round of photos, the hour drive to my mom's workplace.

21stamps, David2319, kmbmw777 and 3 others like this.
  19. tcool123

Originally this was going to be the final wave, but there's a lot. So I split it into two parts. Drive to work, and drive back. First is of obviously the drive to work. We we rerouted many times due to fallen trees, heavy traffic, down wires, near collisions, no traffic lights, etc.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is actually the parking lot of a nearby high school, and not a gated pond nor lake. I also live too far to have been effected from the storm surge this was all done by rain.
    [​IMG]
    No the trees were not leaning on the wall, the wind bent them up. They're normally straight, and were still in the ground.

[​IMG]
    The pole is actually slanted which may have cause the lost of power in this area.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At this point I changed the mode from Night to Action.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. tcool123

The final batch of photos were taken on eight street from FIU to a little bit down to SW 10th Street. We drove back to my grandmother's house since it had power.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These last two photos show why you bring everything inside.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And with that concludes Tcool's photographic tour of Irma's destruction throughout his area. Hopefully all those effected by the storm are safe, and I hope that thee Keys makes a smooth recovery. Would say quick, but it is not looking pretty down there.