A Twist In Time 2 : Discussion Thread

tcool123

Original Poster
Hello one and all to the discussion thread for A Twist In Time 2 : The Sunshine Expedition. Here we can discuss everything and anything related to well anything! :D

capture-jpg.225217

And with that let the discussion begin! :D

tcool123

Original Poster
1,361??? That's a crazy amount of replies!!
Crazy, but not impossible. There's only 8 other threads that have gotten more. The House Cup Discussion at 6,061, Club 32 Lounge at 5,511, The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Discussion at 4,036, WDW 1966 at 2,341, the Break Room at 1,736, Who's Park is it Anyway? at 1,697, TSI Discussion 2 at 1595, TSI Discussion at 1541, and One Sentence Season 2 at 1,470.

I'm sure with dedication, friendliness, and team effort we can do this! :D

spacemt354

Chili's
Crazy, but not impossible. There's only 8 other threads that have gotten more. The House Cup Discussion at 6,061, Club 32 Lounge at 5,511, The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Discussion at 4,036, WDW 1966 at 2,341, the Break Room at 1,736, Who's Park is it Anyway? at 1,697, TSI Discussion 2 at 1595, TSI Discussion at 1541, and One Sentence Season 2 at 1,470.

I'm sure with dedication, friendliness, and team effort we can do this! :D
This will be my goal and contribution :D

As much as I would like to compete and try to defend my title, I think I'm going to take a break for the fall. I had to drop one comp over the summer (something I don't like doing) and need to focus my attention on work and career stuff. Adult-life has its drawbacks. :grumpy:

I was going to volunteer to be a judge, but you already have plenty it seems, so by November I'll make a goal of 2,000 posts. Let's do it!

tcool123

Original Poster
This will be my goal and contribution :D

As much as I would like to compete and try to defend my title, I think I'm going to take a break for the fall. I had to drop one comp over the summer (something I don't like doing) and need to focus my attention on work and career stuff. Adult-life has its drawbacks. :grumpy:

I was going to volunteer to be a judge, but you already have plenty it seems, so by November I'll make a goal of 2,000 posts. Let's do it!
I think I have room for like 2 judges. I'll see when I get home

tcool123

Original Poster
It seems as two more formidable time travellers have decided to partake in our journey! Please help me welcome @JokersWild and @AimYourBrent as they are our newest members on this voyage! :D

And of course with that we have reached the halfway point for the minimum amount of players required. Five more and we're good to go for the current schedule :cool::D

tcool123

Original Poster
I thought it would be kinda nice for the current contestants, guest judges to get to know each other a bit more. And what better way than here!?! :D

So
@AceAstro
@AimYourBrent
@JokersWild
@Sam4D23
@Magic Feather
(apologies to the guest judges you'll be tagged in a second post)

I'll go first! :D

Hi I'm Tcool123 aka tcool! I have participated in array of competitions spanning from 2014, and have improved since then. I went from placing 6th to eventually winning two different contests. And I owe it all to user named @jdmdisney99 who informed me prior to his landmark competition that anyone can compete! Which of course up until that point I had thought you needed special permissions, qualifications, payment, etc. The rest of course is history, and now we're here :D
My favorite Disney movie is Hunchback of Notre Dame, and my favorite of 2017 is Dead Men Tell No Tales. I'm a sucker of pirates.
I am 11th grade, and I'm working on getting my AA degree by the time I graduate 12th grade.
I currently have a planned vacation to Disney World, and in a month I'll be there!
giphy.gif

spacemt354

Chili's
I'll continue the intros!

If we haven't met before - hello and welcome! I'm space, and I've been around this site since 2012, and the imagineer forum originally in the early days of the WEDCAR competition in Jan 2014, then much more consistently in the beginning of 2015. Too many fond memories from competitions, threads, etc to count over the years, and while I'm gonna miss competing this season - I can't wait to see how everyone does!

If I have one piece of advice for new members maybe thinking of joining it's that you get out of these competitions what you put into them. :bookworm: And many times, it's very rewarding.

It doesn't mean your projects have to be the length of War and Peace, or that you need to know how to do 3D art or anything, but if you take the challenges to heart, try to make time for them, and put in your best efforts however big or small - you might find yourself a very enjoyable hobby for now and into the future! Everyone on here I'm assuming is a Disney fan in some way - and imagineering new ideas is for my money a really awesome way of using that fandom in a resourceful way!

AceAstro

Hi, I am AceAstro or Ace for short! I joined back in June and quickly jumped into two competitions working solely in the One Sentence Competiton and in Team Marvel of the Great Movie Ride Competiton. I've always loved doing armchair Imagineering but being Canadian you don't meet many other Disney fanatics so it was nice to find this place to talk with other fans. I was very excited when this was announced as I know I will be waiting for more competitions to start now that the previous two have come to an end! I am going into my 3rd year of Universtiy taking Computer Science with a minor in Business (Doing it in 5 years) so that keeps me busy when I am not doing Disney projects. My favourite Disney movie is close between either The Little Mermaid (I love that soundtrack so much) or Hercules (The comedy and the songs in that movie are a win-win. My favourite 2017 movie was probably Cars 3. After Cars 2 I was hesitant but I loved this one! Almost more than the original one!

RMichael21

Hi everyone! I'm RMichael21 and am super excited to be a guest judge for this season! I joined almost four years ago :)eek:) back n 2013 and have participated in over too many competitions to count (I've won two!), beginning all the way back in 2014 with @Matt7187 and @Zweiland 's the WEDCAR Race (speaking of which, where did @Zweiland go? We miss you Zwei!). I'd say my favorite competition on here was was The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition (hosted by @jdmdisney99 ). I had a blast and my team was by far the best team I've worked with (@IDInstitute, @Zweiland, @Sam4D23 and @Robert Butnarasu ) Go Team Land! ;)

Some advice I'd have for newcomers would be to not go so hard on these challenges that you get yourself burnt out early in the game Just have fun, put in lots of effort, but don't go, go, go until you're unable to continue. (That's happened quite a few times).

My favorite Disney film is definitely Hercules and my favorite film of 2017 (so far) has been Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. I currently don't have any Disney trips planned (except possibly a road trip down to Orlando with some friends during the summer of 2019, but that's in the early stages where it still may not happen).

Last edited:

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Hey everyone!

I'm AimYourBrent, but most people call me Brent, you can call me whatever you'd like!

I lurked on these boards for a long time before joining in 2012 while actually in WDW for EPCOT Center's 30th.

I used to be in a band called Aim Your Arrows (hence my user name) but now I am in a band called Far From Fiction.

Lover of all things Disney and Marvel.

My favorite park has always been EPCOT Center, my favorite non-Marvel Disney movie is The Little Mermaid. When including Marvel, it's Avengers Age of Ultron, and my favorite of 2017 so far is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2.

I am currently at work on a passion project called EPCOT 2032 which has its own thread on here. Right now I am working on a scale model of my updated version of the Imaination pavilion.

Next WDW trip is in two weeks!! Next DLR trip is in November.

I live right outside Detroit with my beautiful and talented future wife, Mia, and our two cats.

My advice to new Imagineers is to focus on what you love, and don't force anything. Let the creativity flow naturally. Also make friends with coffee or Red Bull.

kmbmw777

Hi all! I'm @kmbmw777 aka Kevin!
I joined these forums last June and am be thrilled to be a guest judge for this season. I have competed in The House Cup, A Twist in Time, SYWTBAI S.14, and the Great Movie Contest! I have also hosted Eisner's Game!

I think the best pieces of advice for newcomers have been stated above.

Outside of these forums, I am in my senior year of high school. I play drums in the school marching band and I want to be a computer engineer after college.

Favorite ride is probably Everest followed closely by Mission Breakout. I love the Guardians of the Galaxy Movids and really just all superhero movies. Also I am a huge Star Wars Nerd. My favorite Disney movie is Aladdin and Pixar movie is Up.

JokersWild

Hey guys. I'm JokersWild. I've been apart of the Armchair Imagineering community since 2010 on a variety of websites (primarily the now-defunct VisionsFantastic and, of course WDWMagic.) I've competed in far too many comps to count, won one, used to place in most. I hosted two seasons of "So, You Want to be an Imagineer" with our dear friend tiki, and started the YouTube channel of the same name in 2012(?)

Recently I've been way inactive and have had a habit of dropping off the face of the earth. This was primarily because of school, but now that I am officially out of college (and, officially and more frighteningly a bonafide adult) I hope that I'll be back and better than ever. Much like the Hess truck.

I can't wait to compete in A Twist in Time. Full disclosure, I'm trying to use it to break out of a terrible stint of writers block keeping me from working on Discovery Bay, but I have a sneaking suspicion that this will most certainly help ;). Nonetheless, happy to meet the newcomers and happy to once again work beside the old guys once again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom