Trip Report A trip that never was - And always will be

My emotional state towards writing this trip report is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. How so, @wdisney9000 , you may ask? Well, many trip reports begin with people explaining how sad they are to be home and no longer in Disney World. I have had the old "Disney blues" many times myself. It is a gut wrenching feeling. But...not this time. I am not going through that emotional roller coaster of reminding myself that 48 hours ago, at this time of day, I was walking into Epcot heading towards Soarin'. I am glad to be home and leaving Disney World was not difficult nor sad, but not because it was a bad trip or because Disney World is getting old,.... No, no, no. It was one of the best family trips I have ever had, which would make one think that leaving would be even more depressing, yet it wasnt.

We have all experienced that sadness that begins to creep in the last day of your trip. You wake up excited to get to the parks but you are quickly reminded that when you wake up the next morning it will be time to take the walk of shame through the lobby with your luggage and your forced to see cars pulling up and families hop out whose trip is just beginning. You think to yourself, "that was ME just a week ago!!!:bawling::bawling::bawling:!!!!!" But in a strange twist of fate, that did not happen when we checked out. I was actually excited for the families whose Disney journey was just beginning. Normally I would want to smack that ear to ear smile right off their faces so they would be in pain like me. But nope. Not this time. I will explain why in just a bit. But I digress....lets get to the report already, shall we?

My parents decided it best to pick me up around 5 a.m. This would put us in Orlando around noon and we had an ADR for Biergarten at 2:55. I was up at 4:00 am and awaiting their arrival.

IMG_20170610_050153.jpg

Here is me at 4:55 waiting on the patio. I called my sister as I waited and they were just hitting the road as well. Keep in mind, my father still had no idea they were coming. My parents arrived at 5 and we were off!

We cruised though the city and had good traffic for most of the ride. Aside from my mom having to stop and pee every hour, we were making great time. Even saw some hot air balloons on the way which reminded me of soarin.

IMG_20170610_080054.jpg

There were about 10 hot air balloons, but this was the photo I got, lol.

I was texting my sister every hour or so to see where they were at and surprisingly we were only about 30 miles ahead of them.

Soon we were in Florida. As we passed all the anti-abortion signs it sparked a small debate on the subject which led to several other small debates, (remember, my father is a lawyer so debating/arguing is what he lives for). It helped pass the time and before we knew it we were pulling up to the toll booth. I texted my sister as we waited to pull up and she tells me they are at the toll booth as well!!!!! I look to my right and there they are.....right next to us!!!! What are the chances? --- We had rented a car, so had my sister, so luckily my dad didnt notice them, but still, we got a little nervous. I will NEVER forget the look on my brother in laws face, who was driving. It was a look of sheer helplessness, lol. We got through first and they slowed down to give us the lead. It was the first of many tense moments to keep it a secret that they were joining us.

Fast forward an hour or so aaaaaaaaand........

BINGO!

IMG_20170610_122320.jpg

We got to AKL around 12 (noon) and checked in, but the room was not ready.

IMG_20170610_124351.jpg

Such a great lobby and the smell wafting up from Boma makes it even better when you first walk in.

The CM noticed we had three separate DVC reservations. I explained we had to make 3 separate ones since not all days we available when we first booked so we added the days when they became available. He told he would link the three together so we would not have to change rooms. I thanked him, and then we cleaned up a bit and headed to Epcot for our Biergarten ADR.

IMG_20170610_132234.jpg

Mom and Dad at the bus stop.

On the bus ride to Epcot my dad started talking about the grand kids and how much fun they would have if they were there. He had even called my sister called my sister a few days before we left and offered to bring them and even pay for them but my sister told them the boys had Lacrosse camp and it was non refundable, (good one, sis!). He stared telling stories of all the memories of prior trips with the young ones. As my dad as deep in thought during his story telling, my mom gave me a quick look with a grin as if to say, "we got him right where we want him", and I slightly nodded back to confirm.

IMG_20170610_135019.jpg

We arrived at Epcot and there was a light sprinkle of rain which really cooled of the air. IT felt great outside.

Remember in my introduction of the TR when I said I wasnt sad to leave WDW? Well, thats because I did something I havent done in nearly three years. I picked up one of these little beauties ..........

IMG_20170610_140740.jpg

Yippie!!!!!!! Now I can return often which makes me not sad. Im sure some (or most of you) already figured this out when I said I wasnt sad to leave, lol. Now I can live that @Tuvalu life !!!

It felt like Christmas morning as the CM scanned my band and then proceeded to hand me the pass. Now all I need was a frosty cold one in my hand!!!!

But first...a picture with my old friend...

IMG_20170610_140758.jpg

I was able to move up the time on reservation at Biergarten so we only had about 20 minutes before it was a time to eat. I stopped off in Karamell-Kuche to tease @sheriffwoody and ser her a few photos of where I was.

Soon it was time to eat, and I had my had 1 liter hefeweizen in hand, cheers @lostpro9het !

IMG_20170610_151416.jpg

to be continued.........

Attachments

• IMG_20170610_144143.jpg
    IMG_20170610_144143.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 72

lostpro9het

Sitting here on a beautiful Saturday afternoon with my beautiful bride enjoying some beu.. beer and figured id give this TR a kickstart...

SB: Flight addition.
Today we have a cherry street lineup
Coconut porter, 6%abv
IMG_0457.JPG

Riff Raff Red, 8%abv aged in tequila barrels
IMG_0450.JPG

Bourbon Barrel Quad, 9%abv
IMG_0455.JPG

Cortez the killer, 10%abv
IMG_0453.JPG

Now how about we get back to this report ;) :D!

Last edited:

MississippiBelle

Not normally a NFL fan, but since I went to Mississippi State with your new quarterback, I have to pay attention now! My senior year football season was incredible thanks to him (even if he isn't the nicest guy in person.... hate to break some hearts with that one!)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the kick start, @lostpro9het ! Lets get back to this TR and wrap it up! Especially since I am leaving to head back to WDW in 3 days:cool:

I made my way to AK via the bus from Epcot. There was a snake just chilling in the pathway as I jumped off the bus.

IMG_20170615_111614.jpg

It was obviously real, but A few people thought it was fake and approached it, smh. Why would you even play around like that? That is the type of people who would mess with a snake, then get bit, then sue Disney for not protecting them from the "evil snake" that "attacked" them.

As I approached the entrance.I stopped in the gift shop because I wanted a hat to block the sun. Smart move waiting until the last day to buy one, lol. I really liked the pith helmet, so I bought it. It had a great AK vibe to it. Great quality too, IMO.

IMG_20170615_113224.jpg

Do I look cool now, Vincent? ( Bonus points if you know what movie that is from)

The family was light years away in Pandora but it only took me a few minutes to get there. Must be the hat. I grabbed a Pandorian brewski, found the family and we headed towards Chester and Hester

IMG_20170615_114620.jpg

Took in some sights on the way as I refilled my refreshement

IMG_20170615_122406.jpg

Pat.D.jpeg

My nephew was not happy with whomever he was speaking on the phone with. The rest of us were "dabbing on them haters"

Dinosaur was a blast as always, then the kids decided to PW. I decided to ride Primeval Beer instead
IMG_20170615_132407.jpg

My parents had arrived at the park and we all met back at Satuli Canteen for lunch. We were on the other side of the park so........R2.....Light speed to Endor! Oh wait, wrong planet.

IMG_20170615_143227.jpg

My favorite new QS meal!

IMG_20170615_143523.jpg

My sister ordered this (dont know the name)

IMG_20170615_143528.jpg

Coming up next..... a little more Pandora, a quick stop at HS then dinner at Chef Mickeys!

Attachments

• IMG_20170615_131047.jpg
    IMG_20170615_131047.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 42

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster

Just kidding - I like it!

I never got my free soup!
Yes if you could stop having multiple trips before I even get there this year that would be great :p
Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full
Absolutely LOVE your trip report!
Thx!
Great post! Thanks @lostpro9het for getting this report moving. Love the hat! I expect to see it make an appearance at least once in all future reports. How was the Pandora Beer?
Beer was good, price was great considering It is only around $7 and it is a large size pour.
I had to look twice at this picture... At first I thought there was something popping out of the top of your hat!!!

View attachment 225172
Thats awesome. Its like the mouse popping out of the teapot on the Teacups, haha

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Contd.....

After lunch, we had FP's for FoP.

IMG_20170615_135123.jpg

FoP is such a great ride, IMO. There is so much to see and experience. I am sure that I will be hunting for hidden Mickeys for a long time on this one.

Afterwards, we strolled around Pandora a bit. I have some people say how the land is small. While its not the largest lad in WDW, I think its a decent size. Much larger than FLE and if you compare it to other lands (Frontier, Adventure) it is roughly same size. I think the large crowds definitely give it a more cramped feeling. Hopefully over the next few years it will be less packed and we can get a better idea of the size.

My brother (who was back at home) was texting us to send pics. So we decided to take a few "you cant tell we're at Disney" pics. My nephew, who is just as mischievous as I am was more than happy to help.

IMG_20170615_150027.jpg

IMG_20170615_150224.jpg

and then we decided to send him a quality picture

IMG_20170615_150141.jpg

He asked for more like this, sooooooooo...

IMG_20170615_150817.jpg

He was not amused, lol,...but we were having a blast taking random photos. But our jack a$$ mentality bit me right in the butt. I had set my fresh and full green grog ale down to take a picture and while I was getting the photo, someone threw it away!!!! I wanted to hunt down the person who would commit such an atrocity!

taken.jpg

I was upset, but I just grabbed a fresh beer at the next spot and life was back to normal. Then my nephew looks at me and asks, "how many beers have you had"? I jokingly said two. He just gave me a stone cold look and said, "Im counting". He is a funny dude. It stared to rain so we headed out of AK. My brother and I took the kids to HS. Mom, Dad and my sister headed back to the resorts to get ready for dinner at Chef Mickeys in a few hours.

IMG_20170615_170838.jpg

IMG_20170615_194000.jpg

First stop, TGMR

IMG_20170615_194405.jpg

I am glad my last ride on TGMR was with my niece and nephews. We had no idea at the time that it would be closing, but nonetheless, it was great experience to have shared with them and Im glad we got some photos of it.

IMG_20170615_202942.jpg

Next up was RnR. Afterwards, it was still drizzling out and my sister was texting my brother demanding he get the kids back to change for dinner. They hit headed for the bus stop and I told them I would meet them at Chef Mickeys because I had to stop and grab treats for my wife to bring home. She wanted to bring home some carrot cake cookies and other treats from the bakery. I thought I took photos but I dont see them. The line was long as people had ducked in to avoid the rain. After a ten minute wait, the three ladies in front of me still had NO IDEA what they wanted when the CM asked. As they began to "um, uh, uh, um" , I just went ahead and told the CM I knew what I wanted. She left the three ladies in their state of confusion and bagged up my order. I thanked her and headed for the bus sto. I had a frsh shirt in my back pack so I figured I would just grab a bus to Contemporary and change when I got there. When I got to the bus stop, my brother and the kids were there too. My sister just told him to go straight to Chef Mickeys since we were running late. It was nice to share the ride with them.

Up next, Chef Mickeys

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom