A Touch of Disney begins March 18, 2021

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Apparently the Taste of Disney today is filled with bloggers, vlogger, tik tockers based on reports I'm seeing right now...basically a combination of people who bought tickets and invited guests.
1616111610111.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
While California vloggers are going to Florida cause their parks are still closed, Florida vloggers are now coming to California..WHY?

He was a part-time vlogger while being a CM. He's been laid off, so, it's now full-time. Nothing to film in Anaheim until recently.

mikenatcity1

I have been hearing a mixed bag. Some liked it just to be back in the park. Some hated cause it wasn't worth the money.
I'm really torn. Some of the food quality was amazing (Walt's chili, grilled cheese/tomato soup), but many were not worth the price they were charging (i'm looking at you pepperoni pizza eggrolls). While it was great to be in the park and see some of the familiar sights, shopping was limited (and really nothing different than BVS) and the character interactions were rough. Poor Donald is on a high Grand Californian balcony.

Cast Member have already said after yesterday they will be fixing a number of issues.

For me, the walk from my car, through security, all the way to the esplanade and the 45 minute wait to get through the gates really took away from the experience. It seems to be a big toss-up: higher price for better food and smaller quantities or lower price for a lot of food and just ok quality (Knotts).

I have tickets to 2 other days...i'll be very curious to see how it all changes!

DanielBB8

For me, the walk from my car, through security, all the way to the esplanade and the 45 minute wait to get through the gates really took away from the experience. It seems to be a big toss-up: higher price for better food and smaller quantities or lower price for a lot of food and just ok quality (Knotts).
Knott's boysenberry festival is quite good. It's even better than the other festival events like Halloween and Christmas. Compare that with Disney that offers small portions and a hefty entrance fee of $50. Knott's costs $45 that includes the food. It really isn't a choice. You go to Disney for the experience. You visit Knott's for the food.

Giss Neric

Knott's boysenberry festival is quite good. It's even better than the other festival events like Halloween and Christmas. Compare that with Disney that offers small portions and a hefty entrance fee of $50. Knott's costs $45 that includes the food. It really isn't a choice. You go to Disney for the experience. You visit Knott's for the food.
I second this. You go to Knotts mainly for the food. You go to Disney for the food, ambience, characters, merchandise, and basically to add content to your social media. I love Knotts Boysenberry Festival but there is not a lot to do aside from eat.

Stevek

I'm really torn. Some of the food quality was amazing (Walt's chili, grilled cheese/tomato soup), but many were not worth the price they were charging (i'm looking at you pepperoni pizza eggrolls). While it was great to be in the park and see some of the familiar sights, shopping was limited (and really nothing different than BVS) and the character interactions were rough. Poor Donald is on a high Grand Californian balcony.

Cast Member have already said after yesterday they will be fixing a number of issues.

I have tickets to 2 other days...i'll be very curious to see how it all changes!
3 days! Disney thanks you!!

Much of the feedback I've read is that it definitely was not worth the money and "might" be should Disney figure out how to iron out some of the kinks. My guess is that some of the more hardcore pixie dusters and some social media types that want to stay in Disney's good graces will gush over the experience.

Last edited:

DanielBB8

The kink is reopening the attractions, at least the outdoor rides, which shouldn’t be difficult with reduced capacity. Disney isn’t going to lower the prices.

PiratesMansion

The thought of flying in from out of state for this is just...yikes.

I mean, I suppose it doesn't actively harm anyone, do what you want with your money, etc. but there are people on other boards that have flights booked to come to this and are worried about if they'll have enough time in the day and I literally cannot with those people right now. I do not understand.

Stevek

The thought of flying in from out of state for this is just...yikes.

I mean, I suppose it doesn't actively harm anyone, do what you want with your money, etc. but there are people on other boards that have flights booked to come to this and are worried about if they'll have enough time in the day and I literally cannot with those people right now. I do not understand.
I don't understand nor could I fathom doing this either but I don't begrudge people doing what makes them happy. This feels like one of those addicted to Disney things but people also think I'm nuts for flying my family to Florida to visit WDW when I have DL here. 🤷‍♂️

PiratesMansion

I don't understand nor could I fathom doing this either but I don't begrudge people doing what makes them happy. This feels like one of those addicted to Disney things but people also think I'm nuts for flying my family to Florida to visit WDW when I have DL here. 🤷‍♂️
Definitely. But flying to Florida and going to parks that actually have rides open makes a lot more sense than flying for something that's *just* a food festival.

Especially since we know the rides are opening not that far away from now.

The Disney provincial thing is weird but seems to exist everywhere. People don't seem to grasp that they're all different and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. Even WDW on its most frustrating days has advantages and unique experiences that DLR does not and vice versa.

But then, circumstances meant that I visited four different Disney resorts before I ever went back to any of them a second time, so maybe I'm the weird one.

fctiger

Watching a few videos of the event honestly only confirmed that it just wasn't worth the money for me to go. Even people were complaining that they were shocked more shops weren't open. And yes, since Disney doesn't really make merchandising more unique in each lands like the old days most of it you could've found in BVS or even the big make-shift shop in HL easily.

The food genuinely seems good for the event, but not for an extra $50 either. I hope people going feel it's worth the money (and I know there are definitely the truly hard core that just loves to be back in the parks) but it doesn't seem like enough for the money you're paying.

mickEblu

Watching a few videos of the event honestly only confirmed that it just wasn't worth the money for me to go. Even people were complaining that they were shocked more shops weren't open. And yes, since Disney doesn't really make merchandising more unique in each lands like the old days most of it you could've found in BVS or even the big make-shift shop in HL easily.

The food genuinely seems good for the event, but not for an extra $50 either. I hope people going feel it's worth the money (and I know there are definitely the truly hard core that just loves to be back in the parks) but it doesn't seem like enough for the money you're paying.

Yea same here. I’d rather spend the extra money on food and merch. Not to walk around an abandoned theme park. The videos I saw on YouTube looked kind of lame. There doesn’t seem to be energy at all. Just a few open restaurants, booths, shops and a new soundtrack. Pixar Pier is looking nice at night but DTD honestly looks like more fun then Touch of Disney right now.

Looks like a bust. And I wonder if they were planning to more effort into it until they heard that they could actually open the parks.

fctiger

Yea same here. I’d rather spend the extra money on food and merch. Not to walk around an abandoned theme park. The videos I saw on YouTube looked kind of lame. There doesn’t seem to be energy at all. Just a few open restaurants, booths, shops and a new soundtrack. Pixar Pier is looking nice at night but DTD honestly looks like more fun then Touch of Disney right now.

Looks like a bust. And I wonder if they were planning to more effort into it until they heard that they could actually open the parks.

Yeah that was the other thing, at least the videos I saw there were barely anyone there. Clearly Disney made it as low capacity as possible and it just feels dead. But oddly enough it's keeping with DCA 1.0 traditions lol. Maybe more just didn't show up until later but walking around a dead park with NO RIDES with the benefit to eat churros and turkey legs just doesn't really do it for me. End of the day I go to these parks for the rides first, the shows second. Obviously the atmosphere is what set these parks apart from any other theme parks worldwide but the rides does come first, especially when you are paying premium prices for it.

But will see how it goes in the next few days/weeks.

mickEblu

Yeah that was the other thing, at least the videos I saw there were barely anyone there. Clearly Disney made it as low capacity as possible and it just feels dead. But oddly enough it's keeping with DCA 1.0 traditions lol. Maybe more just didn't show up until later but walking around a dead park with NO RIDES with the benefit to eat churros and turkey legs just doesn't really do it for me. End of the day I go to these parks for the rides first, the shows second. Obviously the atmosphere is what set these parks apart from any other theme parks worldwide but the rides does come first, especially when you are paying premium prices for it.

But will see how it goes in the next few days/weeks.

And IMO the atmosphere isn’t even there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom