Trip Report A Total Eclipse of the Park *COMPLETED*

Not quite.

And apologies to Bonnie Tyler for parodying her hit song title from 1983 (although that was a very good year :inlove:.)

So if you want to turn around and not read further I’ll understand. After 17 trip reports in less than four years you are probably sick of me. Heck, I am sick of me! But after a few requests from you kind people for another report I decided to forge ahead.

Unlike my last epistle, this will not take me four months to complete. First, this trip was shorter. Second, there is no live section which needs to be expanded later. Third, I’m heading back to the World in 2.5 weeks and then into the holiday season ~ so I’m giving myself a “Do or Die” deadline.

Let’s get started.

Who? Tuvalu and Woody
What? End of summer getaway
Where? Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
When? August 19-22, 2017
Why? There has to be a why? ;)

It certainly wasn’t to witness the eclipse. In fact when I booked I didn’t even realize our dates coincided with the eclipse. We live within two hours of the path of totality and missed a viewing party with friends who delighted in watching the total phenomenon. Instead Woody and I got to experience.....

Well, you’ll have to wait to find out.

Here we are on arrival day. Can you tell the photographer was earning his ears?
50F98EE4-A990-4D5A-A4CC-B9AB9815DF85.jpeg

I’m proudly wearing the dress that was instrumental in our free Pirate Cruise. (For context please see my July TR.)

Stay tuned for this trip’s shenanigans.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for sharing another great TR. What a lovely relaxing time you were able to have with Woody. Looking forward to your next adventure!
Agree, it was so relaxing.....which will NOT be the case with Em and me this weekend! :joyfull:

Glad to know I didn't ruin another @Tuvalu meet and greet!! :happy:
I think you only ruin the secret “planned” meets....this meet was completely unexpected.
(J/K! ;) :inlove:)

Songbird76

Guess who celebrated her first birthday?

View attachment 246809

Gotta love her Mickey/Minnie heads shirt. She’s a Disney babe! :inlove:
View attachment 246810
And Tuvalette loves her shopping cart and fruit from Grandma Lu and Grandpa Woody!
Awww! Happy birthday, Tuvalette!! May you always remain a Disney babe! I see many future magical moments with Grandma Tuvalu and Auntie Em. (a twister! A twister!)

Texchick

My new obsession is taking pictures of Pool Rules signage :joyfull:
View attachment 244611

Isn’t it sad that this sign is even needed?
View attachment 244607

This would be the bridge.
View attachment 244605
(Is it just me or isn’t this an odd place for a Restrooms sign? “Please pee on the slide?”)

For the record, I did go down the slide. It was quite fun. Woody refused to channel his inner child and join me.
View attachment 244610

View attachment 244612

View attachment 244603
See the monorail gliding by in the above pic? I must say it is an odd sensation to be in the pool when it passes by as it looms larger than it appears here.

This is more like it.
View attachment 244625

Please pee on the slide ha ha ha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom