A surprising omission?

G00fyDad

I can think of about 200,000 reasons why one would work.

At any given moment in the Orlando/Kissimmee/Bay Lake area there are more than 200,000 people that are Apple customers in one way or another. A good chunk of which are people away from home, unfamiliar with the area and just need their iSomething fixed or replaced as quickly as possible so they can get back to their vacation.

Even if you just look at WDW alone, you have in excess of 40k-50k Apple customers on Disney property every day.

That is a pretty sizable customer base to be serviced by only 2 stores, the closest of which is 12 miles away.

As much as I cannot stand Apple this is a very good reason to have one on property. I know I would be pretty upset if I had a busted phone that needed repairs and I had to wait until I get home to get it fixed.

Angry Warlock

As much as I cannot stand Apple this is a very good reason to have one on property. I know I would be pretty upset if I had a busted phone that needed repairs and I had to wait until I get home to get it fixed.
But you wouldnt have to wait until you got home. If it was important enough to you surely 12 miles would be worth it ?

Next Big Thing

But you wouldnt have to wait until you got home. If it was important enough to you surely 12 miles would be worth it ?
You're expecting the average tourist to know far too much about Orlando.

Something like this would take a huge hit of time from their vacation (and does). First, they have to look up the closest Apple Store. Next, they have to get there. Many use Magical Express and don't even have cars, so that means getting a taxi/uber, which runs up a HUGE price. Once they actually get to the mall, they then have to find it, which will no doubt take some time. Having one at Disney Springs would be far more convenient (and as a local, I would go to this one instead of the others, too).

Also, 12 miles along that stretch near WDW is about 25-30 minutes worth of driving each way. This could essentially ruin a half day or more of someone's vacation.

Last edited:

Innkeeper's Club

I can think of about 200,000 reasons why one would work.

At any given moment in the Orlando/Kissimmee/Bay Lake area there are more than 200,000 people that are Apple customers in one way or another. A good chunk of which are people away from home, unfamiliar with the area and just need their iSomething fixed or replaced as quickly as possible so they can get back to their vacation.

Even if you just look at WDW alone, you have in excess of 40k-50k Apple customers on Disney property every day.

That is a pretty sizable customer base to be serviced by only 2 stores, the closest of which is 12 miles away.
This past April while I was leaving a McDonald's I accidently dropped my iPhone 6s and cracked the screen. So right away I went to the closest Apple Store and they were able to replace the screen within 2 hours. If that happened to me while I was in WDW would either of their current stores even honor my Apple Care? I ask because I'm from Canada and is mine even valid in the United States? The Canadian App Store is completely different because there are some apps which I can't even download like Shop Disney Parks.

Mouse Detective

I've always assumed that both Apple and Disney were game to hammer out a deal, but Apple has been doubling down on their stores exhibiting "unique" architecture. Disney probably told them they would be restricted in exterior design to fit in with the larger architectural themes of DS and Apple told them to pound sand.
Supposedly that Coca-Cola store was originally going to be the Apple store but the falling-out led to Disney leasing it to Coke.

Bolt

That's what a reliable source told me. And you've told us that Apple was in off and on negotiations to put a store there. Since all the spaces are spoken for by others, where else could it have gone?
Coke was one of the early people to sign on so I'm doubting this was the location.It was the worst kept secret prior to real announcements.

All the locations are not spoken for.
Apple won't be coming, unfortunately.

bhg469

I walked by one of those at International Plaza in Tampa and they had a Vive display/test area. It had a line of guys waiting to try it out. Might be nice at either location.
Microsoft has the demo xbox systems at all their stores. It would do really well at disney springs

lazyboy97o

That's what a reliable source told me. And you've told us that Apple was in off and on negotiations to put a store there. Since all the spaces are spoken for by others, where else could it have gone?
All the locations are not spoken for.
Apple Disney Springs (did Apple poach Disney Name Guy?) was not slated for a stand alone building. It's once intended space is now occupied.

Next Big Thing

Not saying it's apple, but there is still a large two story location next to superdry
I noticed that location yesterday when walking around Town Center. Doesn't even have any banners saying what's coming so I wonder if they are having a tough time filling that spot. Personally i'd love to see some type of tech store. I'll take a Microsoft store if we can't get Apple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom