A Surprise Meal

disneyfan123

Hey everyone,

I will be visiting WDW in Sept and I would like to treat my family to a fancy meal at WDW. Has any one got any recommendations for restaurants either in the Resorts or in the Parks?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

df123

*** Only 66 more days until all my dreams come true! (again :animwink: !)

I suggest The California Grill @ Contemporary. Really good food, fantastic service, and wonderful view of MK.

As with all restaurants, read their menu to make sure that your party's tastes align with the food served.

Upvote 0

careship

Are you looking for character meals? Do you have kids? Gotta be more specific around here....LOL.... :lol: Fulton's Crab House, Victoria & Alberts, Royal Table, Ohana's or Boma's. Give us something to work with and we can help you out. There are too many wonderful places to eat. It depends if it's all adults, if you have kids and how much you want to spend and the atmosphere you prefer. Isn't it horrible there are so many choices.

Upvote 0

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
A Priority Seating at Cinderella's Castle would be great if you haven't done it yet. It's an experience just to do it. Very nice views of the park, Characters coming/going while you dine, and a few extras, if you mention it's your first time.

Just my vote.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I have to agree with Careship hee. Can you give us more specifics? Ages? Gender? likes dislikes, kids or kids at heart?? Etc. There are so many great places to eat at Disney it would be tough to narrow it down to a few without more information!!! In the meanwhile Check out this link for all the menus of everyplace to eat at Disney:
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm
This is a pretty comprehensive listing done by Deb Wills of All Ears Net.com Her site is invaluable for planning and information purposes!!!
Belle

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Gotta put in a plug for my favorite, Restaurant Marrakesh.

The food is wonderful--just a little different, but not so different that picky eaters (like me!) are left out.

Contrary to what many people think, Moroccan food isn't spicy hot. They tend to use mellow spices like cinnamon and cloves.

As others have said, check allearsnet for menus.

Upvote 0

wolf29

Once again, Belle is correct. Check out Deb's menu section, give the forum some more info & the suggestions will follow. There are lots of great spots, it is all a matter of taste and ages of the dining party.

Upvote 0

disneyfan123

Original Poster
Hiya guys,

Sorry that I was not specific on my first post. There are four of us going - 3 adults, 1 teenager (16). We all have pretty varied tastes and are willing to try anything!

Thanks for the tip about allearsnet.com WannabeBelle - it is a fantastic site!

*** Only 64 days until all my dreams come true (again!) ***

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

careship

California Grill at the Contemporary would be my first pick for you. Otherwise, try Boma's or the Brown Derby. Call ahead for priority seating arrangements though right away. I narrowed it down by the fact that you have a teenager. If you want a fun not so fancy...Sci-Fi Dine In at MGM you might all enjoy also, but again priority seating.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

As Careship says, Priority seatings are a must do for any of the above. There are just so many choices!!! Disney really does have some amazing places to eat. Some of my favorites are as follows, assume for dinner unless I specify otherwise: Cinderella's Royal Table , O'Hanas, Fulton's Crab House, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Brown Derby was very good but pricey and the portions were not large at all. Le Cellier in the Canada Pavilion, Rose & Crown (try to book an outdoor table around 8 pm)in the UK Pavilion, Japan's Teppanyaki Grill, Morocco's Restaurant Marrakesh, and the Yachtsman Steak house in the Yacht Club resort. I am not wild about Boma for dinner although for breakfast, I dont think this place can be beat. It is an awesome buffet but at dinner the exotic foods didnt do it for me. Check out the menus for all the places I have listed and see which location strikes you!!! I agree about the website All EarsNet.com. Deb Wills does an amazing job on her information!!! Hope this helps!! Belle

Upvote 0

In Wonderland

More options for special meal...

Our family went down to WDW in May. I would highly recommend Todd English's bluezoo for a wonderful upscale meal. It was the quietest restaurant we visited (no children there when we ate, and I would imagine there aren't a lot of children there at any time). We had another terrific meal at Hollywood Brown Derby. Neither of these choices were inexpensive, but the food was worth it at both. :slurp:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom