Trip Report A Stroll Down Memory Lane

Hello again, everyone! We still have 80 days until our next trip, and I am having some major issues with the waiting!! I decided to dig out some pics and souvenirs from trips past and share them.

We are me, Amy, Brian (hubby), Logan (13), Lily (10), and Owen (8).

I will start with my very first trip to WDW. It was July 1990, and it was the summer before my junior year of high school. I traveled with my parents and my younger brother. We started our trip with a visit to Kennedy Space Center.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We were at WDW from August 23-September 2, 1998 for our honeymoon. We had a fantastic time, but I am really disappointed in myself for the lack of planning we did (in my defense, I was in the middle of vet school, but still not a good excuse!), the lack of pictures that I took and I have no notes whatsoever, so I have no idea how many days we spent in each park or where we ate. Nothing!! I am disgusted with myself! So, we stayed at CBR in Jamaica. We received this pic on arrival with a congratulatory note:

As well as this information guide:

Jamaica:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Your two retro TRs were a fun journey down Memory Lane. It was enjoyable to see a few things that I remembered from years ago (whether it was the cover of a theme park brochure, or other item, or scene). The one thing I never got to do was go to Discovery Island; after looking at the brochure you shared, I look back now and wish I had gone there at least once, to explore.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Your two retro TRs were a fun journey down Memory Lane. It was enjoyable to see a few things that I remembered from years ago (whether it was the cover of a theme park brochure, or other item, or scene). The one thing I never got to do was go to Discovery Island; after looking at the brochure you shared, I look back now and wish I had gone there at least once, to explore.
Thanks for reading! Discovery Island is one of the things I remember most about that trip. My husband still talks about it every time we go back to WDW. I really wish it was still there to share with the kids.

Goofnut1980

OH MMMM GEEEEE... so exciting.. I love all of those old pics. We went February of 1991 as my first trip as a kid (11 years old) These pictures completely brought me back to then!!! Thank you so much!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
OH MMMM GEEEEE... so exciting.. I love all of those old pics. We went February of 1991 as my first trip as a kid (11 years old) These pictures completely brought me back to then!!! Thank you so much!
You're welcome! I'm glad I could help bring back good memories!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom