A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

HauntedMansionFLA

Yup. And this was the WDW one, although DLR was mentioned I believe ... the best point made was near the end on a segment about TSL where Pete attacked the company for having a QSR themed as Andy's Lunchbox serve a menu at least half of which are alcoholic beverages. Again, shows Disney is the best at hypocrisy. This was also, by far, the best discussion of the podcast.

But my only point was that out of 4-5 people on it, so many things were either not known, incorrect or vague.

If I were going to do a show where I was going to present myself as an expert on WDW, I'd make sure I had as much knowledge and facts on my side (or someone there who could Google the info) and I'd toss in educated opinion.
@WDW1974 - good to see you. I’ve enjoyed reading your post awaiting the next season Better Call Saul. Any word on the work being done at WoL over at EPCOT?? I hope more than Food and Wine festivals.

flyerjab

Yup. And this was the WDW one, although DLR was mentioned I believe ... the best point made was near the end on a segment about TSL where Pete attacked the company for having a QSR themed as Andy's Lunchbox serve a menu at least half of which are alcoholic beverages. Again, shows Disney is the best at hypocrisy. This was also, by far, the best discussion of the podcast.

But my only point was that out of 4-5 people on it, so many things were either not known, incorrect or vague.

If I were going to do a show where I was going to present myself as an expert on WDW, I'd make sure I had as much knowledge and facts on my side (or someone there who could Google the info) and I'd toss in educated opinion.

I’ve noticed that about the podcast also. Many of their facts, rumors or assumptions are incorrect I just shake my head. To me, they are a travel company first and foremost. It must be providing a good life for Pete and John, however, because I know they have hinted at joining Club 33 in WDW when it opens.

Most know that for accurate news and rumors, you come here. The DIS has been more for travel IMO. And the Tom internationalparkless dude, I haven’t figured out yet.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’ve noticed that about the podcast also. Many of their facts, rumors or assumptions are incorrect I just shake my head. To me, they are a travel company first and foremost. It must be providing a good life for Pete and John, however, because I know they have hinted at joining Club 33 in WDW when it opens.

Most know that for accurate news and rumors, you come here. The DIS has been more for travel IMO. And the Tom internationalparkless dude, I haven’t figured out yet.

(More and more the DIS have been getting their info from here. Whoever writes up their rumor roundup has learned to ignore other outlets and run with what's in our rumor trackers.)

LittleBuford

You don't find it at all absurd for Disney to be selling booze from a kiosk designed after a very young child's lunchbox?

No more absurd than Coke or Dasani being sold in all the Fantasyland restaurants, which are supposed to be Olde Worlde European. No part of WDW is entirely literal in its theming.

(ETA: It's a bit extreme to describe discordant theming as hypocritical! I was genuinely querying the choice of word, as it means something else to me.)

Last edited:

brb1006

Certainly hope and expect the rides to be significantly different and the original to remain. The original got a wonderful refurb and upgrade about 18-20 months ago and looks spectacular. ... This is no different than having Little Mermaid, Nemo and Toy Story attractions in multiple parks in FL. ... Tokyo's Frozen attraction will be unique and not a clone of anything. Paris and HK will almost assuredly have the same attraction ... with HK also getting a Frozen version of SDMT.
Does this mean Tokyo's Frozen might be better than the Epcot attraction?

flyerjab

(More and more the DIS have been getting their info from here. Whoever writes up their rumor roundup has learned to ignore other outlets and run with what's in our rumor trackers.)

Their reliable news and rumors source would be one @Rteetz. He is the admin of their news and rumors forum and he does a great job. Whether it makes it onto their podcasts is another story.

Last edited:

trainplane3

I do find it funny every time someone (Kathy?) mentions Figment on the show and Pete states "I have on good word, Figment is going away" while the insiders here have said WDW has no idea what is even going on with Imagination and there are many proposals floating around. He's been sticking to that line for quite a while now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well I have learned my one new thing for the day. Looks like divestment of Taiwanese assets were rewarded with full ownership of Mainland assets. A no brainer business decision.

Thanks for the info.

Now all disney has to do is build a massive complex on Taiwan and then offer to give it up...to accommodate the hatred from a civil war that ended 70 years ago and please the Maoists...

Seems simple to me 🤓

MerlinTheGoat

No more absurd than Coke or Dasani being sold in all the Fantasyland restaurants, which are supposed to be Olde Worlde European. No part of WDW is entirely literal in its theming.

(ETA: It's a bit extreme to describe discordant theming as hypocritical! I was genuinely querying the choice of word, as it means something else to me.)
I don't think the issue in this case is "thematic clashing"...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom