a spectacle... of broken lights

Nmoody1

Original Poster
Not sure if it was because of the rain tbis evening, but a lot of lights were out at osborne - a few angels, the train, entire building near peace on earth globe and a corner of the vuilding by the tree. Also the 'osborne lights' sign and reindeer were out.

Shame!

ToTBellHop

This is common with rain...and not surprising. I really feel one of the few things about which we really CAN'T complain about Disney's maintenance are the Osborne Lights. They are beautifully maintained year-after-year. Rain = electrical issues with outdoor lighting. This isn't unique to Disney.

The Tower of Terror sign on the other hand...totally Disney's fault. And unacceptable.

raymusiccity

This is common with rain...and not surprising. I really feel one of the few things about which we really CAN'T complain about Disney's maintenance are the Osborne Lights. They are beautifully maintained year-after-year. Rain = electrical issues with outdoor lighting. This isn't unique to Disney.

The Tower of Terror sign on the other hand...totally Disney's fault. And unacceptable.

I agree. I think we'll be seeing a lot of dim bulbs on this thread. This reminds me of Christmas Family Vacation. They better check out that switch in the garage. All the lights will come on!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
We have a 50k(ballpark figure, could be more, could be a less) light display. When it rains, the whole thing is hit or miss. Sometimes everything stays on with no issues, sometimes half the house goes out. Depends on if water gets into the connections and trips the safety outlets. Once they trip, you can't get them back going until everything is dried out. And obviously, there is no way to do that during open hours.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
We have a 50k(ballpark figure, could be more, could be a less) light display. When it rains, the whole thing is hit or miss. Sometimes everything stays on with no issues, sometimes half the house goes out. Depends on if water gets into the connections and trips the safety outlets. Once they trip, you can't get them back going until everything is dried out. And obviously, there is no way to do that during open hours.

Pics?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I agree. I think we'll be seeing a lot of dim bulbs on this thread. This reminds me of Christmas Family Vacation. They better check out that switch in the garage. All the lights will come on!

Dont forget the drum roll! This is probly what George K will look like when he flips the switch for MM+ to go live.

christmas-vacation-clark-griswold-lights.jpg

Then they should have cousin Eddie (Randy Quaid) step out in his robe with beer can in hand to let everyone know "*****ers full"

ter_full_cousin_eddie.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom