a spectacle... of broken lights

janoimagine

They have a full time team on the lights - trust me, it's not a lack of maintenance.
Yes, and the guys are very good at what they do. The first night we saw it last week the reindeer were down, then we went back a day later and everything worked perfectly. I spoke with a couple of the tech's and they explained that the rain tends to reek havok on them so they try to trouble shoot as much as possible during the shows and whatever they cant fix they do overnight.

It's tech and electronics ... anyone who puts up Christmas lights in wet or cold climates will tell you that they never work perfectly 100% of the time, and the more advanced the electric's, the more troubles they can cause.

Illuminations last week was by far, the best I have ever seen, saw the show 4 times, they just realigned all the pixels on the globe, and it looked borderline HD, they are tweaking the audio country by country right now, we watched from Italy and I was just amazed at how good it looked and sounded. Heard the elephant and I think (lion?) SFX for the first time in many, many years. The show was near perfect.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Yes, and the guys are very good at what they do. The first night we saw it last week the reindeer were down, then we went back a day later and everything worked perfectly. I spoke with a couple of the tech's and they explained that the rain tends to reek havok on them so they try to trouble shoot as much as possible during the shows and whatever they cant fix they do overnight.

It's tech and electronics ... anyone who puts up Christmas lights in wet or cold climates will tell you that they never work perfectly 100% of the time, and the more advanced the electric's, the more troubles they can cause.

Illuminations last week was by far, the best I have ever seen, saw the show 4 times, they just realigned all the pixels on the globe, and it looked borderline HD, they are tweaking the audio country by country right now, we watched from Italy and I was just amazed at how good it looked and sounded. Heard the elephant and I think (lion?) SFX for the first time in many, many years. The show was near perfect.

Thats good to hear, I will be there in 2 weeks and Illuminations is my favorite show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom