A sequel? Nah, not this one

thequeuelinelectures

DCA:
Marvel - All still happening, just timeline delayed by 8 months
WoC - New Enhancements are cancelled
Hollywood Backlot Phase 3 - Infinitely Delayed
So when we say "all still happening" are we talking Avengers E ticket or just phase 1? I'm really hoping we can still get the Quinjet attraction especially since it'll find it's way to some global parks as well eventually

_caleb

There were a few bombshells, Wakanda for one.
Got it. I wasn't sure if Martin was referring to the list we got from @TheVisionarySoul, or something else that might be going on behind the scenes.

I know other sites have been talking about it, but I'm convinced those places either get their info from Disney's own Shadowy Influence Campaign Cabal or from right here at wdwmagic. So this confirmation does seem to be a bit unique.

Brer Oswald

No mention of any specific 50th plans? 'Value engineering' of the celebration?

I would think it would represent a massive ongoing PR can of worms to flip the theme on DL's Splash but leave Florida's Song of the South tribute untouched. While it would have been nice to spend OLC's money, Splash is going to have to be an all or nothing in the States otherwise that's going to be mighty awkward.
It was going to be awkward regardless when the replacement was just a ride about a cartoon gator, and the animated role model they were trying to push only appeared at the beginning and the end of a 12 minute ride. Replacing an adaptation of African heritage mind you!

This is the 4th or 5th insider to say the Florida variant is indefinitely delayed (not cancelled, postponed), so take that as you will. I have no doubt they’ll do it ... when the money’s right.

Parker in NYC

Buzz (noun) - The character from the overrated toy movie Disney likes to milk. Not to be confused with “Buzzy”, the character from the overrated Epcot show that theme park fans like to milk.

Cranium Command is NOT overrated. It's just that since the Buzzy figure was stolen, a lot of people suddenly care. Kinda like Splash Mountain. But see, that's what blanket statements do.

Brer Oswald

Cranium Command is NOT overrated. It's just that since the Buzzy figure was stolen, a lot of people suddenly care. Kinda like Splash Mountain. But see, that's what blanket statements do.
I’m sure it was great. I don’t remember it.

Not really like Splash Mountain. That was a signature E-Ticket around for 30 years. A top 5 in most recognizable Disney attractions.

Parker in NYC

I’m sure it was great. I don’t remember it.

Not really like Splash Mountain. That was a signature E-Ticket around for 30 years. A top 5 in most recognizable Disney attractions.

Trust me, the circumstances of its departure have A LOT to do with the overwhelming opposition as to why. And from the usual suspects. And if I'm wrong about that, let's talk about the film Song of the South. It was as popular a topic pre-"cancel culture intimidation" as the bowler hat villain from Meet The Robinson. But I can't say there are any anti-bowler hat villains initiatives on that count. But since he's now the most famous Disney villain, though I've rarely seen him mentioned in the niche community (or otherwise), I am living in an alternate universe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom