A sequel? Nah, not this one

Surferboy567

No, I know that, I wasn’t talking about you. The person who brought it up initially.

Sorry, I misunderstood.

I should probably steer this thread in the right direction.

Poppins is done (which really was something I was looking forward to before it got butchered).

With the projects in construction (Guard, Play!, Star Wars etc) are elements expected to be cut or are we going to basically get what was promised? Since these projects are far along.

Brer Oswald

Sorry, I misunderstood.

I should probably steer this thread in the right direction.

Poppins is done (which really was something I was looking forward to before it got butchered).

With the projects in construction (Guard, Play!, Star Wars etc) are elements expected to be cut or are we going to basically get what was promised? Since these projects are far along.
Guardians is fine. They will push the hotel no matter what. Play is the interesting one because it looked like half of the experiences were Wii kiosks. I’m not sure how sharing controllers will be received.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sooooooooo, how much longer will Iger be with the company?

His position on the board is until the end of 2021.

The idea that whatever situation Disney is in will somehow force him to leave earlier is just the deluded wishes of Iger-haters. And just because someone in the company has that deluded wish and 'leaks' it's going to happen soon, doesn't mean it's still not a deluded wish posing as an insider rumor.

Brer Oswald

His position on the board is until the end of 2021.

The idea that whatever situation Disney is in will somehow force him to leave earlier is just the deluded wishes of Iger-haters. And just because someone in the company has that deluded wish and 'leaks' it's going to happen soon, doesn't mean it's still not a deluded wish posing as an insider rumor.
Anything’s possible, however unlikely it may be. We don’t have any inside information. Unless you’re Iger himself, or one of his secret service (which would explain a lot).

Pirate Magic

How long have guys been on here "acting like insiders, talking about budgets?" ...and what has it gotten you?

No one cares, it's not what the business is about... it's about entertaining people. When the people get mad about the lack of entertainment or quality of the entertainment? That's when things change ...People were mad there was no Pirates ride in the early 70's ...so one got built ...People are apparently mad about Splash Mountain now ...so it's going away.

The real bottom line is "making people happy" ...if cheap spinner rides like Dumbo make people happy, then they build more spinner rides ...people talking about budgets on the internet means nothing to The Walt Disney Company

Just a question. Is it the majority of the Disney Guest mad about Splash Mountain ( Guest that really have gone to Disney and rode the ride) or is it the minority who are mad? Or is it just a sign of the times.

Brer Oswald

Just a question. Is it the majority of the Disney Guest mad about Splash Mountain ( Guest that really have gone to Disney and rode the ride) or is it the minority who are mad? Or is it just a sign of the times.
They are changing the IP to something they find more marketable and easier to sell toys of. The Twitter petition (which was started by a Disneyland Cast Member) has no bearing on the project. Just the timing of the announcement.

the.dreamfinder

It’s Bob Iger virtue signaling and not taking the issue of racism seriously by shoving it all on evil Uncle Walt and his evil “Song of the South”. That film, which is unavailable for public consumption, has gained a reputation as racist forbidden fruit. In reality, the film is a meh programmer typical of the kinds of films Walt was making to keep the studio afloat in the WWII era that contains racially insensitive elements, but not necessarily different from say “Dumbo”, “Peter Pan” or “Lady and the Tramp” in that regard. One could argue SotS is less racially insensitive than “Dumbo” because animated characters that are coded as black are played by actors of color.

Brer Oswald

It’s Bob Iger virtue signaling and not taking the issue of racism seriously by shoving it all on evil Uncle Walt and his evil “Song of the South”. That film, which is unavailable for public consumption, has gained a reputation as racist forbidden fruit. In reality, the film is a meh programmer typical of the kinds of films Walt was making to keep the studio afloat in the WWII era that contains racially insensitive elements, but not necessarily different from say “Dumbo”, “Peter Pan” or “Lady and the Tramp” in that regard. One could argue SotS is less racially insensitive than “Dumbo” because animated characters that are coded as black are played by actors of color.
Wouldn’t be my choice of words, but, technically true. There are more appropriate topics for this discussion though.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Discussed here:

rreading

No kidding.

That was the first time these forums were flooded with crazy Pixie Dusters. “We never ate everything anyway! I don’t mind!” But the price rose, people. You paid more for less. Please have an ounce of common sense.

Really, it's not like anyone is forcing them to choose the dining pass. Unless it's given "free" with a resort reservation, anyone can look to see if it's worth it. For the one or two times it made sense for us years ago, we truly had more food to eat than we could possibly want. We didn't complain, but it was definitely an unhealthy or wasteful amount depending on how much you consumed.

tirian

Really, it's not like anyone is forcing them to choose the dining pass. Unless it's given "free" with a resort reservation, anyone can look to see if it's worth it. For the one or two times it made sense for us years ago, we truly had more food to eat than we could possibly want. We didn't complain, but it was definitely an unhealthy or wasteful amount depending on how much you consumed.
Yes and no; I would’ve agreed with you when the DDP first launched, but now that the menus have been overpriced to justify the marketing/DDP, it’s hard to separate dining from Disney Dining. ;-)

rreading

I can personally attest to a text box feature on my most recent WDW survey....now, if any reads them?

I was thinking the same thing, and we get surveys quite often. For what it's worth, the surveys have been awfully redundant at times as well so it's possible that they cherry-pick which answer they like better if I were to answer 7 one time and 9 the next.

Now, we are an affluent DVC family who travels often, so it's entirely possible that they DO want to know what we think and that they aren't as interested in what a single dude visitor things.

While this discussion is somewhat interesting...I suspect that the reality is that sometimes they actually care, and other times they want to validate their position. Same as everyone else

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom